Click here to go to the NEW Apnea Board Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NOTICE:
Apnea Board has moved to our NEW FORUM HOME.

New registrations on this old forum have been disabled. Read about it HERE.

While you may still read and SEARCH messages here at this old forum, we encourage you to REGISTER for a new member account on our new forum today!

CLICK HERE to register for an account on our new forum now!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How to change CPAP pressure yourself; For Respironcis CPAP machine
Topic Started: Mar 24 2008, 08:43 PM (12,545 Views)
i'm here
Member Avatar
I know how to change the pressure setting yourself. These instructions are for the Respironics CPAP machine :

1. Unplug power cord from back of CPAP machine.
2. Lift LCD cover & press the 2 buttons closest to the back of the CPAP machine.
3. While pressing the 2 buttons, plug the power cord in the CPAP machine.
----You'll hear 2 beeps. Use the "setup" in lower right of the LCD screen. When you select "setup" you'll be in clinicians mode. Cycle through setttings to "CPAP Pressure" using arrow buttons and change it using the + and - buttons, then hit power button to exit setup mode & unplug machine and plug back in to get out of clinicians mode.
Done.

I changed mine from 12cm to 9.0 cm and it works great (I knew I needed 9.0 cause my sleep doc prescribed it and doing it myself saved me from having to wait for the DME to schedule me in). :lol:

signed, i'm here...but now...

i'm gone for now...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TTaylor
No Avatar
Keep in mind here that this is for the new M series machine only... The old style Remstar cpaps are a little different than the M series...

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

TTaylor
Mar 30 2008, 12:21 PM
Keep in mind here that this is for the new M series machine only... The old style Remstar cpaps are a little different than the M series...

True.

Also wanted to remind everyone that we have instructions posted for setting pressure for some common CPAP machines on this web page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm

Just make sure if you're going to adjust your own pressure, you research the consequences, and remember that if you're in doubt, it's best to have your doctor/DME/clinician adjust it for you, based on a proper sleep study.

ALSO, We need your help! if you have a Clinician or Setup Manual for a CPAP machine we don't have on this page, if you'd like to scan it as either JPG or PDF, simply email it to me at apneaboard@gmail.com. If you don't know how to do that, you can photocopy it and send a copy to me via US mail to our PO Box, which is Apnea Board, c/o CM, PO Box 1891, Highland, IN 46322.

I'll make sure any Setup Manuals you send gets announced here in the forum and posted on our web page (link above).

Our current list of PDF Setup Manuals includes: REMstar Basic M Series, REMstar Plus M Series, REMstar Pro M Series, REMstar Auto M Series, REMstar Plus, S8 Compact, S8 Escape, GoodKnight 420G, Remstar Auto M with A-Flex, Sullivan V, Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle600, and Respironics BiPAP Pro.

Thanks!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

black79ta
No Avatar
i have a remstar auto with c-flex. does anyone have a manual for this machine?

fyi 6 sleep studies since 01, deviated septum surg. throat surg. all in o1 been on cpap since. very high alpha waves, been taking ambien cr 12.5, melatonin 6gm, valerian root 1200mg. doctor knows about the otc stuff and says to keep taking it.

last sleep study may 27 they are going to adjust my pressure to steady 16cm.

if i cannot tolerate it i would like to be able to adjust it w/o the normal hassle. body wt is 240. 5-10, weight lifter-heavy but not power, big neck. doc says throat is constricted from nk muscles. am trying to lose wt and shift to cardio emphasis workout, have lost 10 lbs. thanks in advance for any help.

« Previous Topic · Main Apnea Board Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Click here to go to the Wiki Home

Follow ApneaBoard on Twitter

Copyright ApneaBoard.com - All Rights Reserved

Please help us if can

Apnea Board is an educational web site and we survive on the kindness of our members.

If you have benefited from our online CPAP setup instructions, manuals or the forum,

Please consider making a small donation to help pay for our increased bandwidth costs.

Click on the button below to donate using your credit card. (you do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card):

Donate to Apnea Board
Donate to Apnea Board

If you would rather donate by cash or check, please click on the button below:

Donate to Apnea Board by Cash or Check

www.ApneaBoard.com

The Apnea Board web site, forums, images, CPAP manuals & glossary are funded by member donations.