Click here to go to the NEW Apnea Board Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NOTICE:
Apnea Board has moved to our NEW FORUM HOME.

New registrations on this old forum have been disabled. Read about it HERE.

While you may still read and SEARCH messages here at this old forum, we encourage you to REGISTER for a new member account on our new forum today!

CLICK HERE to register for an account on our new forum now!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
System Error Codes; ResMed Error code 1019
Topic Started: Apr 2 2010, 11:47 PM (12,619 Views)
resmednewuser
No Avatar
Hello.
I am new with my diagnosis and new with my CPAP machine.
I have had the machine for 2 almost weeks. Last night I heard some bubbling water noises when I inhaled. I thought maybe that was normal because I just added water to the humidifier. I was careful not to overfill. The noise eventually dissipated after a 10 minutes or so. About an hour later I was wakened by the machine pressure fluctuating erratically. It was displaying an error code.1019
In the middle of the night I was up trying to get my machine to clear. I noticed that my hose had a little water in it. I unplugged it from the humidifier and got a little water out.

I have a ResMed S8 Escape II

I would call my machine provider, but it's Easter Weekend. Nobody is answering the phones for another 3 days!

I have tried unplugging the machine and tried stepping through the Clinical menu as well. I didn't want to hit the restore to factory settings..Didn't think that would clear the message.

Does anyone know what Error code 1019 is?
Is there a way to clear the error and get back to sleeping again?

PS the machine will not work when the error code is on.
I didn't get my rest last night and I'm in for another night again without my machine.
Help please?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperSleeper
Member Avatar

According to the S8 Elite II clinician manual:

Quote:

Displays error message:
SYS ERRORnnnn
Call service!
Component failure. Record error number and contact the ResMed service centre.

There is no listing of what specific error codes mean, but it appears that it's a component failure. If any water got into the electrical parts of the machine, it could have shorted out, and if that's the case, you need that component replaced - no amount of button-pushing will solve the problem. There's really not much you can do, other than call your DME supplier who gave the machine to you. Trying to fix it yourself or opening up the CPAP housing might void the warranty. You're probably correct that restoring to factory settings will not clear the error message.

ResMed's machines come with a 2 year warranty, and all repairs are supposed to be handled through their vendors (the DME) or home health care provider who set you up with the machine. If they give you trouble, call the ResMed customer service line at: 800-424-0737.

Wish I could provide more help, but this looks like a problem that only a ResMed repair facility can fix. Only other thing you might want to try is to disconnect the humidifier and hose from the machine, take all filters out, unplug it, and let the CPAP machine dry out completely (maybe in front of a fan) for several hours, then start it up and see if the problem persists. Mostly likely, this will not solve the issue, however, but it might be worth a try.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

DONATE to Apnea Board

Change your own pressure - Get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP here

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Main Apnea Board Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Click here to go to the Wiki Home

Follow ApneaBoard on Twitter

Copyright ApneaBoard.com - All Rights Reserved

Please help us if can

Apnea Board is an educational web site and we survive on the kindness of our members.

If you have benefited from our online CPAP setup instructions, manuals or the forum,

Please consider making a small donation to help pay for our increased bandwidth costs.

Click on the button below to donate using your credit card. (you do not need a PayPal account to use your credit card):

Donate to Apnea Board
Donate to Apnea Board

If you would rather donate by cash or check, please click on the button below:

Donate to Apnea Board by Cash or Check

www.ApneaBoard.com

The Apnea Board web site, forums, images, CPAP manuals & glossary are funded by member donations.