Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Before The Mast. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Spear Of Destiny; Att. Sharky; open for all crew
Topic Started: Dec 20 2010, 01:05 PM (1,619 Views)
Shirai Masaki
Unregistered

Frowning and teeth bared, like a cornered stray dog, Sharky had listened to the explanations of a man he once thought might have been his friend. But he became more and more aware of the fact, that he would never find friends amongst these round-eyed beings. They looked like humans, yeah but they behaved... differently. Oh, not that the samurai of his homeland were that much more humane, but.... they were samurai. Something like officers perhaps.
An he loathed both factions.
"....without being a slave and without having to fear the cat?"
Masakis eyes narrowed and he glared at Neil, unaware for the moment that the man meant well.

"Fear?"
he spat.
"Fear one day died under cat. Now only rage and hate... and revenge."

He glanced at Neils scars, snorting.
"Me no understand you think is right whip. You know how is... can never be right."
But after a moment, a feral grin spread over his features, maybe bordering on madness...
"Aye, Neru..."
he practically purred.
"Me is stay... for one purpose. Me hope is soon. But first me need... much wood. And whetstone. For good many harpoon... many target around..."
He did not name the targets, of course, but his grin should have been explanation enough.
Goto Top

NPC

Civilian
[align=center] Posted Image
NEIL DONOVAN[/align]

To Neil, it seemed that all his efforts to make Sharky understand the realities of life – perhaps radically different from the ones where he was born, but still realities of the places he was living now – were in vain, and he even took his words wrongly:

"Fear? Fear one day died under cat. Now only rage and hate... and revenge."

This was understandable. Neil smiled sadly and nodded affirmatively:

”Yes, I know you hate the Spaniards, and you want your revenge. You’ll have it seeing how many .And if you change your mind and want to fight too, you’ll get the boarding share too, it means more money for making a better life at the end of the war.”

He didn’t doubt Sharky would comply with what he had said before, and that if somebody tried to whip him again, the “revenge” would target a British privateer too. He only hoped not to be the case. When he showed his scars to Sharky, his friend snorted:

"Me no understand you think is right whip. You know how is... can never be right."

”I don’t think it is right; it is only common occurrence. I understood, in eleven years at sea, that there are some things I can’t change… on a big ship with many people. And I hate the Navy boatswain who had done it to me, too. This is why I am now with the privateers and not with the Navy. At least here nobody gets flogged without a really big reason. And on the fishing ship I’ll have some day, there will be no cat at all!” he added on a resolute tone.

It seemed these words sank finally in Sharky’s mind. He smiled strangely and said:

"Aye, Neru... Me is stay... for one purpose. Me hope is soon. But first me need... much wood. And whetstone. For good many harpoon... many target around..."

”If revenge against the Spanish is why you are staying on this ship, then you made a good choice, my friend! And we are here to fight by your side,” Neil answered with a friendly smile.

He wasn’t as stupid as to not understand the other hidden possibility. But he hoped that Sharky would never be in the position to know first-hand the British discipline system. He was a good guy, even if a little bit odd, and doing well his job. But he didn’t doubt that Sharky’s harpoons might turn into the spear of destiny for any human target wielding a nine-tailed cat in his direction.

[align=center] - THE END - [/align]

[align=center] This post has been written by ELENA[/align]
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fate's Hand · Next Topic »
Locked Topic