Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Brackenwood. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I'll teach you Flash
Topic Started: Jun 9 2008, 09:04 PM (883 Views)
chluaid
Member Avatar
Bitey's Daddy
Admin
well OK maybe not in person, but almost!
If you're new here (or even if you're not) and want to learn Flash, check out my free intro chapter from my upcoming how-to Flash Animation eBook. This chapter introduces you to Flash CS3 and walks you through creating a simple but effective bit of frame-by-frame animation.

More info? Click image:

Posted Image

Go straight to the brand new BiteyCastle Academy page? Click this:
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Adzy-2k6
Member Avatar
The source of all Evil :P
Ive just read the chapter. a lot of it I already knew, but you show it in a more interesting hands on approach from other authors and it will be helpful for people who are not too accustomed to flash. i might actually buy the full book when its available :P

chluaid
Member Avatar
Bitey's Daddy
Admin
awesome. Thanks for the feedback :)

PlasticCup
Member Avatar
Holding your soft drinks
I don't care if it sucks. I will buy. :bing:

chluaid
Member Avatar
Bitey's Daddy
Admin
:lol:
Hopefully it won't suck and you won't regret your purchase!

faceofdoomness
Member Avatar
Brackenwood Lightweight
D:

I really wanted to learn how to effectively use my flash! I can only make buttons and import my claymation videos into flash format and compress it...

I'm really interested in this. I really want to know how to properly use flash. *goes to read*

PlasticCup
Member Avatar
Holding your soft drinks
You know, instead of writing it all out, why don't you make a video tutorial?

That way, you can show using fullscreen video instead of small pics, and you can give examples immediately. And also, we can hear your voice and feel that much closer to you :bing:

Rubberhead
Member Avatar
Fatscat Kittycat
Great initiative Adam, and a good way to make some extra money. You should make sure this gets posted on Newgrounds. :fpbls:

crumb
Rufum Ru Sudily!
this is brilliant adam! a real biteys beginners guide

i disagree with the person that said video tutorial, although i i find stuff easier to understand in video form or image form
having it as a book always seems i dunno, more personal. plus you can look back when you want. Plus you have diagrams there.

this is a great idea!
although i dont really like buying things i cant hold. :( (Unless OF COURSE the subject you are teaching is extremely of interest)
but the dvd/s ill be happy to buy.

ps: THANKS FOR THE FREE-NESS

chluaid
Member Avatar
Bitey's Daddy
Admin
crumb
Jun 10 2008, 07:11 AM
this is a great idea!
although i dont really like buying things i cant hold. :(

you could print it out :bing:

Anyways, glad you liked it and yeah I've got enough video on my to-do list so I won't be recording this. Besides, if you forget say where the onionskin tool is, who wants to trawl through a video searching for it? With a book, you just look over the table of contents and flick right to the page ;)

Don't worry PlasticCup, there's plenty of video with my lovely voice in the works :P

Rubberhead

Great initiative Adam, and a good way to make some extra money. You should make sure this gets posted on Newgrounds. fspit_2.gif

That crossed my mind too.. when it's completely finished, I'll post links on my NG blog.

crumb
Rufum Ru Sudily!
edit: You know what. i give up trying to make sense.

sorry. After 2 attempts at writing something that i am proud of i leave this messege as 'spam'

edit:
actually ill summarise.

1. i dont like ebooks but i wouldnt say no straight away. (paper lost, files lost. lost in a world of ) (BUT: depends on what you're writing about.......... go to number 4)

2. i hate swf 2 video

3. money breaking open my stomach for dvds

4. How much will the full ebook cost?

that was about it, HAPPY INVISIBLE PEOPLE? NO SPAM HERE. NO SPAM. NO SPAM HERE CHOPPER

chluaid
Member Avatar
Bitey's Daddy
Admin
crumb
Jun 10 2008, 07:29 AM
4. How much will the full ebook cost?

me on blog

I know youíre wondering what the sale price will be for the remainder of the book, but so am I. Iím still undecided but letís say I want it to be less expensive than a standard Flash Animation book in bookstores, but I also wonít sell it short. I guess itíll be between  $20 and $40 so if youíre interested, stick around.

crumb
Rufum Ru Sudily!
quotes hurt the flesh

ill stick around

Master Rade
Member Avatar
The Sexy Latino Supremeo
Discounts for members perhaps :bfoot: :fpbls:

Troll-Sniper
Member Avatar
Brackenwood Lightweight
Ty for this piece of info :D . I knew some of the stuff already but I also learnt some new shortcuts and how to make GIF-mations. Soo..... WhenS the next one going to up??

chluaid
Member Avatar
Bitey's Daddy
Admin
next one is about the tools in Flash and will be up soon :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Application Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply