Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Brandy Source. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Brandy throwing shade at Whitney?
Topic Started: Sep 22 2010, 11:47 PM (2,271 Views)
Sailor Moon
Member Avatar
ẞ ★ PLATINUM ⑧
Those Whitney fans are a mess! They say that Brandy was upset with Rodney, because she felt he gave Whitney some of "her sound" on the 'My love is your love' album. Ever since that incident, Brandy has kind of backed away from Whitney and kept throwing shade at her.

Quote:

If you go back and watch Brandy's MTV interview during her NSN era, she did not want to acknowledge Whitney. Mtv asked her who inspired her, and she started naming Celine, and all of these other singers, and then she finally said "I still love Whitney" (but hesitantly). I found out about that Rodney thing from a reliable source

any truth to this??

also they keep throwing shade at Brandy all the time on Whitneys message board and they say how Monica is such a better person and always praises Whitney, but we all know that Mojica never praised Brandy until we made her do it through twitter!

here's another interview where Brandy threw "shade" at Whitney by leaving her out (this one is more recent)

Quote:

Over the years youve worked with some divas. You did Cinderella with Whitney Houston and Double Platinum with Diana Ross --
She was my favorite.

Diana Ross?
Yes.

Why?
She was just so interesting to me. She was so fabulous. I remember having a conversation with her because you know the whole rumor about her having to be called Miss Ross. I think thats so amazing! I love that! So, I go to her and said, I just want you to know that Im going to be calling you Miss Ross. She was like, No, honey. You dont have to call me Miss Ross. You can call me Diana. I was like, No, you know you want me to call you Miss Ross! But she was open to me calling her Diana. I called her Miss Ross the whole time, and I think she loved that I respected her enough to call her Miss Ross.

What was she like on the set?
I loved how she did her lines. She wouldnt read the script. She would have her lines playing in her walkman. She would go over the lines in her ear. Then wed get on set, and she would know all of her lines, and I was just so amazed. What I liked was whatever she wanted she said in a way that was so kind, but she still got what she wanted.

Do you keep in touch?
Ive seen her here and there, but I dont have her phone number of anything! Im mad about that. If her son Evan can call her, why cant I? She does have a cell phone because I every time I see her shes on it.

And what about Whitney? You grew up idolizing her. What are your thoughts of her today?
Her voice is the best voice in the whole world. You know what? Nobody really knows. Nobody has walked in her shoes. We dont know what shes been through. For her to be as brave as shes been to come back time after time and really try, we should applaud her for that. There will never be another Whitney Houston in life.
Online Profile Quote ^^^

Sailor Moon
Member Avatar
ẞ ★ PLATINUM ⑧
what do y'all think? they have beef??
Online Profile Quote ^^^

PerfectlyHuman
ẞ ★
ONCE again... WHERE is the shade??

Because she said Diana Ross was her favorite Diva??? Ugh...
Offline Profile Quote ^^^

*DYK*
ẞ ★ PLATINUM
Brandy tweeted telling people to buy Whitney album when it came out last year & she has said a couple times how much she loves Whitney lol in recent years.. People be REACHING Looking for Shade even when there is SUN & LIGHT all around!
Online Profile Quote ^^^

Deleted User
Deleted User

iLoveBran
Sep 22 2010, 11:48 PM
what do y'all think? they have beef??

well read her last comment about her in that Out interview
kinda sums it up
Quote ^^^

Sailor Moon
Member Avatar
ẞ ★ PLATINUM ⑧
Monroe
Sep 23 2010, 04:51 AM
Brandy tweeted telling people to buy Whitney album when it came out last year & she has said a couple times how much she loves Whitney lol in recent years.. People be REACHING Looking for Shade even when there is SUN & LIGHT all around!

rite? but here's what they said to this...

Quote:

Brandy is just a sometimey person and is no different than the sometimey fans that post on this board. Recall how she was shouting Whitney out on twitter when it was announced that she would be debuting at #1 with 300k+, something like, "go get my idol's CD." rofl

Brandy is just sometimey period.

Online Profile Quote ^^^

young
Unregistered

some of your gorls must be fucking BURNT as hell cuz u STAY reaching for shade...wtf is this? :blink:
Quote ^^^

Daniel.Washington
Member Avatar
ẞ ★
Posted Image

Never Say Never came out in 1998 (Summer)

My Love Is Your Love came out in 1999 (Fall) around the time Mariah's #1s came out (I believed they released the same day/Whitney came in at #14/I believe)

Flash forward 2007/2008 when Ray Jay was doing Whitney (Brandy and her family were having dinner with her)
Posted Image

It's no shade. Brandy's beef with Porky Jerkins

Posted Image

is over him not giving his all on Human. I believe (and this is just me) that Human was almost done or nearly done when Porky stepped in and told Brandy we'll create another Full Moon. He didn't give Brandy

Posted Image

his all so she don't use is weight watchers ass anymore.

That is all

Posted Image

Nor
Unregistered

Are you fucking serious?
Quote ^^^

XXXO
Member Avatar
ẞ ★ GOLD
:lol:

TruMusicFan
ẞ ★
why would she? and then be in Whitney's face? Ray J is obvisouly close with Whitney and the whole family is, were they on a private jet recently? Well like a year or so ago

Lewzair
ẞ ★ PLATINUM ③
TruMusicFan
Sep 23 2010, 01:29 PM
why would she? and then be in Whitney's face? Ray J is obvisouly close with Whitney and the whole family is, were they on a private jet recently? Well like a year or so ago

look who crawled underneath dem rocks

did u come out yet ? lol

TruMusicFan
ẞ ★
Lewzair
Sep 23 2010, 01:31 PM
TruMusicFan
Sep 23 2010, 01:29 PM

look who crawled underneath dem rocks

did u come out yet ? lol

lmao hello... i never was closeted, every male on this site is obviously gay

Drizzle
Member Avatar
ẞ ★ GOLD
:rolleyes:

JBD
ẞ ★
Whitney is Brandy's idol! Ch...
Online Profile Quote ^^^

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forever Brandy · Next Topic »