Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chat - Sunday, March 18th, 2018; Good morning!
Topic Started: Mar 18 2018, 07:52 AM (143 Views)
Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

Sad thing this morning for us is that a rock pigeon was being chased by a crow & went straight into our 4'x8' living room window (blinds closed, window dirty) & broke our window & died. :( It sounded like a shotgun going off & I was scared for a bit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

catM
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning, all.

Hi, Jill. :}^

Sorry to hear about your window. We have birds fly into our windows all the time. Fortunately, no broken windows - yet. You are right, it does sound like a gunshot at times.
Edited by catM, Mar 18 2018, 09:59 AM.

catM
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I have been working on doing a special plaque for oldest daughter's birthday. She will be 52 in June. 52 in the field I used to work in is called a "Calendar Round" - sort of like a century in the way we count years. I decided to do a Maya Long Count glyph for her. It is very time consuming! :D

I need to start working on dinner. I hope everyone has a great evening.

marshaz
Advanced Member
Good Sunday Afternoon Chat Friends.

Hi Jill and catM!

Jill, that is sad. Sending you some hugs today. Did the window shatter into a million pieces or just have big cracks? Poor little bird, too, trying to get away from the crow.

CatM, that sounds like something very special for your daughter's birthday. <3

Well, we had our usual Sunday Morning schedule of church then shopping, but when we got home, I had a headache. I feel much better now.

Edited by marshaz, Mar 18 2018, 01:37 PM.

lakemaryeaglewatcher
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Afternoon

Haven't been around much. Still sick with this URI. Had to go get some more cough medicine. That did me in. Time for a nap even though I didn't get up until 11:00. :o Don't think I've ever stayed in bed that long.

Hope to feel better tomorrow. Have a good day.

chiquita
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good afternoon..

Marsha...I am doing well...thanks for asking.

Jill...Our kitchen windows are nine feet in length an are countertop to ceiling high..we have had many birds fly into these windows... it usually leaves a "ghost image" on the window. It is a terrible sound.

Carol...Thinking of you.

Chiquita
Edited by chiquita, Mar 18 2018, 08:41 PM.

sandie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:^: Hi Chiquita :}^ Glad to see you here!

Carol i'm so thrilled that god awful woman was finally put in her place. Praise those women that helped you!!See things can be done when people get together and get behind what is right. Are you going to be able to get to your procedure next week? I hear there is more snow headed your way.

Katie sorry you are still sick in bed. So many people have gotten sick and has not been able to get rid of this awful stuff. just hangs on and on.
Sorry was it you or Cat that lost their window. I think Cat said there were a lot of birds that hit her window but not broke them. That is too bad either way. I'm surprised more large crows don't go after my little birdies around here!

I found a place to look at at the beach close to where I used to live. I was so excited and thrilled cause it was close to my budget. I was right on time actually early! I had to use the rest room and I called the owner and told her I had to leave to use the bathroom and she offered me the use of the bathroom in the unit. So naturally I said of course. Then she offered to hold Akeelah's leash. Instantly I knew there was going to be an issue when she said we don't allow pets. I informed her Akeelah was my service dog. Went in and used the bathroom and when I came out she said I have bad news we can't accept any animals on the property. I looked over my shoulder at the cat sitting in front of the door on the opposite side of the pathway. She had the audacity to tell me Oh that's my mothers cat....HELLO? What the heck???? I was told a long time ago not to take Akeelah with me when I go to look at places. I thought that was deceptive and I wouldn't do that. That would just cause trouble down the line. Don't need that!!! So back to square one again. :boohoo:

sunnyland7
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Beautiful sunny, blue sky day :*:
I got out today!!!!!!! to service, Then to the Western Nights Spring covered dish dance
( I only did one dance) But it was nice to be there / On way home stopped at MCR and
had a nice visit with a birder friend and saw my eagle fly over / Came home and fell asleep /

Jillers - So frightening!!!! OH WOW!!!!

CatM - Such a nice project :)^

Marshaz - Feel better :Hugs:

EagleWatcher -Hope you feel better soon too :X:

Chiquita - WOW!!!! What a window!!!! Thanks for caring!!!! Thursday a little
scary! I'll either still be here or Over there!!!!!!!
Rest Well!!!! 2bed 2bed 2bed 2bed
Sandie - How did you sneak in here???? Prayers something will show up soon
Edited by sunnyland7, Mar 18 2018, 04:57 PM.

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi Katie, Chiquita, Sandie, and Carol. :}^

Sandie, that sounded so hopeful! You're right about that woman having nerve to tell you "No pets" and then you see her Mother's cat. THAT TAKES NERVE! I know it's easy for me to say don't give up hope, but we're all rooting for you, just like we did for Carol.

Carol, yes, and even the sun came out for some of you East Coasters, today. :*: :><:

Katie, don't push it. Your body will tell you when it's ready to move. Just be patient.

Chiquita, hasn't it been cold? Right now, it's really chilly outside, well chilly for San Diego.

« Previous Topic · Daily Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply