Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Video From Tomorrow
Topic Started: Jun 6 2006, 11:17 AM (4,326 Views)
Anibird
Advanced Member
Hi all,

We will try and get the video of the climber getting the chick tomorrow in case you miss it. It is unlikely we will have video of the actual banding, but we will try and take some pictures and post them up soon!

~Annie Little, MSRP Bird Biologist
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you so much! I will be eagerly awaiting the news of this little one's physical exam:
Is it a male or female?
How much does it weigh?
Length of eaglet?
Is his growth curve on track?
Tell me everything PLEASE! I think I'm turning into a closet Eagle biologist!!! What an amazing job you all have! Such excitement!! :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

bambeeson2
Thanks...that will be really cool! Good job you're all doing out there with that little guy...even if he has no siblings, and inexperienced parents, it's nice to know he's got all of you on his side!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Does he have a name yet, or should we start a Name the Eagle thread?

Might be fun.
Goto Top

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I've named him "Liberty" because I'm sure that he will take his first flight
on the 4th of July. If not, He is still my "Liberty". Even a female eagle
would be proud to be called Liberty.
Offline Profile Goto Top

catlady
How are the parents going to react to their chick being removed and then replaced? Are the parents likely to attack? Will they remember their own experience of being banded?
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie
Thank you Anibird! Will be anxiously waiting today!
Offline Profile Goto Top

VonBon
Anibird...thank you to you and your crew for the info and forthcoming video of "little one's" banding today. It is an exciting day for all of eagle watchers and we look forward to the next big event in "little one's" days when the fledgling day occurs. Real heart stealers these eaglets are to us addicted ealge watchers!
Offline Profile Goto Top

VonBon
Anibird....do we have any sort of time frame when this banding event might take place today????????
Offline Profile Goto Top

NinjaShirpa
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
We've been informally calling the eaglet "DD." Thatís short for DD-Free, recognition that his/her hatching was free from the effects of DDT/DDE.
Offline Profile Goto Top

petra
Advanced Member
hello everyone

i like the name liberty very much....

it's for a male or female.....

yes beautiful name for a beautiful bird......

bye bye

petra :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anibird
Advanced Member
Hi all,

The banding should take place around 12 pm Pacific Daylight Savings Time Zone (PDT) or GMT -7. The biologists are likely near the site now as I see the adults flying by and the eaglet is vocalizing alot. Stay tuned!

-Annie Little, MSRP Bird Biologist
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Is everybody getting excited??? I can hardly contain myself! :lol: :unsure:
Offline Profile Goto Top

NinjaShirpa
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Can someone who was there please describe how the biologist was able to climb the tree and enter the nest? From the video feed it simply looked like he walked up and stepped into the nest. I understand that the tree is 40-80 feet tall and there did not appear to be any substantial branches below that would support a fully grown person as they climbed up and around the nest in the crown of that tree.

Thanks in advance,
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvEagles:)
I would love to hear all the details about that too! And where are the parents right now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Eaglet Banding Event · Next Topic »
Locked Topic