Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sound?; Does this site have sound?
Topic Started: Jun 7 2006, 11:00 AM (1,625 Views)
CMR
Can someone please tell me if this site is supposed to have sound?

Thank you
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I asked the same question. I am not hearing anything...even with myvolume turned all the way up. I'm getting excited!! It's getting closer to mid-day on the island!! :rolleyes: :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

NinjaShirpa
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
The equipment installed to provide the video feed from the island can support an audio feed too, but at this time we do not have a microphone installed at the nest site. As we learn from this installation and plan for possible future enhancements Iím sure that the powers that be will be considering the audio component. I should note that this installation was planned and installed in quick order due to the fact that the eaglet is only expected to be on the nest for 10-12 weeks and we wanted to begin providing this feed as soon as possible.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Raptorman
Advanced Member
Thanks David. Sound is nice but getting even the video beats the hell out of the braille method. This is a learning curve for all live video cams but sure is going to provide a great deal of new info and confirmation of previously held knowledge. Are you planning on posting measurements and other data. Thanks Bill :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Idahogrl
Unregistered

Raptorman,Jun 7 2006
02:06 PM
Thanks David. Sound is nice but getting even the video beats the hell out of the braille method. This is a learning curve for all live video cams but sure is going to provide a great deal of new info and confirmation of previously held knowledge. Are you planning on posting measurements and other data. Thanks Bill :)

Raptorman - are you all over the place? nice pic by the way
Goto Top

BTR
Unregistered

NinjaShirpa,Jun 7 2006
12:06 PM
As we learn from this installation and plan for possible future enhancements...

More bandwidth for the viewers - or a slower framerate on the cam's video feed program so the server can keep up (sending less info). I've got a good connection and the feed cannot keep up when you have a load of veiwers. A prime example would be the release after the tagging this afternoon back into the nest. It went like this --> I see the bag - freeze/unfreeze - he was out and the climber was standing there - freeze/unfreeze - the bird is alone. Would have liked to see the intial reaction between the two.
Goto Top

Loverofchicks
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
where as I miss sound I really am grateful that I have gotten to see an extraordinary event. to sit in an eagle nest and actually hold and play with an eaglet. what a job. Than you so very much!!!! I love to see all the happenings now if the momma and papa would just come back and reasure our little bit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Amen to that!!!! And here I was kicking my 'puter!!!!!
I got to see (or not) the same things as you. Let's just hope they have a video of the entire thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Eaglet Banding Event · Next Topic »
Locked Topic