Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Video Of Eaglet Removal From Nest; not the official version
Topic Started: Jun 8 2006, 07:30 AM (2,668 Views)
thumper
Here is a video I did of the removal of the young one you can look at until the official video is up. I captured what I could between screen freezes and pieced it together to make this. I missed when he was measuring the nest and some of the other stuff that happend due too the screen freezing but you might find it interesting if you missed it live some have already seen it on the infotec site :) :) :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7r74qbDlM
Offline Profile Goto Top

bambeeson2
Thumper...that may not be the "official" video, but it is mighty professional! GREAT JOB! I had to be away yesterday, so missied the event live...your video made me feel like I didn't miss a thing! Thanks so much for posting. Becki
Offline Profile Goto Top

PamSan
Thumper, your video was EXCELLENT!!!! GREAT JOB, thoroughly enjoyed it, especially my own running commentary (Dude, what are you doin' here????.....I'm sooooo gonna bite you!!!...You must be jokin', your not gonna stuff me in THAT bag are you???...And from the biologist...HI EVERYONE when he waves to us and here, this is how big this eagles nest is, let me get right in the middle so you can picture just how grand it really is) Thanks so much for posting it for all of us eagle watchers!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Traci
Unregistered

The video was awesome thank you!! I was at work so missed it but I am so happy to be able to see it now.
Goto Top

tbbsharyn
What a great video. He was one brave man. The way he was handling that baby was sonderful. Since I breed Parrots I know babies that age can bite and I am sure a bite by an eaglet has got to be rough. What a great job for him and for you Thumper.

Thanks for sharing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I wish my web-name was Thumper....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you for the incredible video.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cheral
Great video Thumper! When I started watching that day, Jim the biologist, had his hard hat laying in the middle of the nest and I wasn't sure what was going on. Too bad the video (on your computer) froze so much when he replaced it in the nest, especially when he held it out to the camera as if to say "Say hello to all your fans....you are an extra special Eaglet!".
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:P Great video Thumper. I could watch it over and over AND OVER again!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thumper, thank you so much! I missed most of that due to picture freezing up, too. And I loved your musical selections! :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Thank You, The "instant reply" was as good as the real time. I injoys BOTH. And will be able to show people what I have been talking about. You daMAN!!

Steve
Goto Top

Linda
Unregistered

Awesome.

We missed the first half of the banding event - came home and found a man in the nest.

Thanks for a great video.
Goto Top

copperwyrd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thumper,

Thank you! for allowing us to view the event in the nest!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Eaglet Banding Event · Next Topic »
Locked Topic