Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Pictures From The Nest.....; climber's photos taken during capture
Topic Started: Jun 10 2006, 05:32 PM (9,497 Views)
Foxglove
Hello again!

The above link will take you to an online site where you can view and download pictures from this weeks banding/marking event. There are several folders of eagle pictures I have opened access to and that you are welcome to look at, but this weeks pictures are in a folder labeled "Santa Cruz Island Bald Eagle #49". I have left them full size and at full quality. These images are for your enjoyment and for educational use only. View and download freely but do not distribute or sell. Also, please give proper photo credit (photo by J. Spickler, E.A.R.C.) when appropriate.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions. I would also love to know when pictures get used for educational or interpretive purposes.

Jim C. Spickler
Senior Biologist
Eco-Ascension Research and Consulting
P.O. Box 202, Arcata, CA 95518
spickler@northcoast.com
Offline Profile Goto Top

Madison99
Unregistered

Hi Jim,

I just looked at your slideshow and it was phenomenal. I have to say that I can't believe how high the nest is. The pictures that show the view from the nest to the ground were breathtaking, to say the least. Do you have to climb that high often? You are certainly braver than I am. Thanks so much for giving us your point of view...hahaha. Thanks from Toronto, Canada.
Goto Top

Anibird
Advanced Member
Wow! Those were incredible photos. Thanks so much for sharing them!

Annie Little
Offline Profile Goto Top

skyeblu
looked at your pictures and all I can say is wow they are all great shots thank you for sharing them with us
Offline Profile Goto Top

maggiemoo
Advanced Member
Floxglove, thank you for sharing all three albums. I enjoyed viewing them all. Wisconsin and Alaska were also beautiful settings that the eagles chose to nest. You have the best job ever!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Naturegal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi Jim:

Your photos are breathtaking. Not only did you get such great pics of the eaglet and nest, but you captured the beauty of the surrounding area. This is a whole new perspective for all of us and you are to be commended on the great work you are doing. I really envy you.

Thanks again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
All of the photos are incredible, Jim--from the three nesting sites. It does appear that the Santa Cruz nest is older than the other two. Would that be your opinion? It was amazing how large the chicks appear to be in your boat photos! Wow!
Offline Profile Goto Top

belbe
Unregistered

I too am impressed with the photos. I am also impressed with the trees that are able to hold those nests! There also appears to be rocks and dirt in the nest construction, is that true?

Thanks again!

Barb
Goto Top

amalphia
Advanced Member
Much gratitude for posting the link to your photos, Jim! They're all wonderful to look at and bring even more of an appreciation of Eagles and their nests, along with more kudos to/for he who climbs into such places for the sake of the Eagles!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
http:/photos.yahoo.com/earc@sbcglobal.net

Quote:

The above link will take you to an online site where you can view and download pictures from this weeks banding/marking event.

Fantastic!! What a different prospective! On the Cam, it appeared to me that there were other trees very close to the nest. But your photos show that is not so. The nest appears quite isolated.
And to finally see the pine cones up close .... great!
Thanks for sharing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

A Few Days ago there was a link to a 7 minute replay of the R & R How do I find it again.

Steve91360
Goto Top

amalphia
Advanced Member
Steve91360.... Is this the link you are looking for?

http://www.iws.org/SCZ%20eagles/2006%20Video.html

Here's another one done by a private poster, not IWS.org:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7r74qbDlM
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

That's them THANK YOU SO MUCH

Steve
Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:huh: Wo! These photos really show what an amazing feat it was to climb to that nest! The webcam makes it look soooo easy...I thought I could do that! :lol: :lol: Now I've been returned to reality!! Yes, there are only a select few that are skilled to do what you do and I thank you for taking the time to be willing to share your talents and expertise with those of us living miles away sitting at our computers!! :unsure: I viewed your other two albums as well...these eagles know how to pick some of the most scenic spots on this Earth, don't they! You can't put a price on their real estate...their nest locations are absolutely...PRICELESS! :P :P Also loved the many upclose shots of the eaglets! They make me laugh...they are so cute with their beaks wide open like they're telling you a thing or two...mantling as if thy're saying, "Don't mess with me...who do you think you are coming to my house when my parents aren't around, huh??"

Thank you for doing what you do...I wish I could just tag along on these fantastic adventures!! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mrs. C
A MILLION THANK UUUUUU's COULD NEVER BE ENOUGH. :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

U MADE THIS POSSIBLE AND ALL OF U ARE AMAZZZZZZING :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Eaglet Banding Event · Next Topic »
Locked Topic