Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Different View Of Nest; Wider shot of nest from different angle
Topic Started: Jul 9 2006, 05:17 PM (2,138 Views)
Eagle Guy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I've just put a photo of the nest from the water to give you a better idea of the tree structure at http://www.iws.org/SCZ%20eagles/PH%20nest%20from%20water.jpg. This photo was taken at about a 90 degree angle to the right of the video view. I think the bird is out on the small branch in the upper right corner when it disappears to the right. When it is to the left or off the front of the nest, there are a lot of small branches that Jim was actually able to stand on and walk across, so they can easily support the eaglet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CarolAnn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you so very much! This really helps give us some perspective on the nest and it's surroundings!! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:o Thanks so much for posting this picture. Yep, it sure looks like #49 has a BIG playground for his wing exercises! He is extremely active...more so than the Maine eaglets and the Saanich eaglets too? Is he overly active, or is this common among the eaglets that you've studied? I also wonder if he's more active because he has been alone and very eager to "get on" with his life? Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!! B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:unsure: I'm not sure when this photo was taken of the nest site, but since there are biologists out on the island daily, I'm wondering if periodic photos could be taken while the fledging process is taking place, or is that still too risky to get any where near the vicinity during fledging? I certainly wouldn't want to jeopardize #49. I think he's going to be an amazing eagle to track over his lifetime! ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you Peter for taking the time to post the photograph.
The eaglet certainly has a beautiful area to discover once he fully fledges.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jeanette
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:) With the new view from the water, it certainly looks like a big wonderful World just waiting for him. Thank you Peter. Jeanette
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you so very much for the photo of the nest area. It is reassuring to know that #49 is actually quite close to his nest. Thank you also for this wonderful learning opportunity in having the eagle cam available for everyone to watch. I can't believe the learning curve that I've been on! It has been terrific. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

catzsong
Advanced Member
I just now had a chance to download the picture - fabulous!! It's wonderful to see the different perspective. I was amazed to see how much the tree to the left is leaning - hard to tell which tree the nest is actually on top of. Thanks so much for posting this photo!

catzsong :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

beth
Thank You so much I'v been watching so long when I lost site of him I began to worry but I know he is watched very close, i had to take some time off from watching to download some Pictures of my new grandbaby she was born 2 mos early lol figures babies have a mind of their own she was suppost to wait until i got there next month in MI , but thanks so much for all the info you folks have given me now i have to find something else to watch :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Cruz Photos & Videos · Next Topic »
Locked Topic