Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Just read your bio .... and wanted to say ........; A to Z Biography Comments.
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 07:16 PM (27,680 Views)
Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Moved to the Forum Members' Biographies A to D section.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

catzsong
Advanced Member
Hi Peppermint!
I lived in Carp from 1984-90, then in SB from 90-99. I lived on 3rd St, right down the road from THE SPOT!!! my favorite burger joint! I've always loved Carpinteria. I moved there to be closer to my sisters - they both lived there for quite a number of years. Small world :-)
Catzsong
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Copperwyrd, I found the link to your business web page in your profile and I paid it a visit. WOW! I am sooooo impressed. Your work is absolutely beautiful and I have never seen anything like it!! And I can't believe that one of pieces is called "First Flight"
My favorite is Ilume 4' x 4'. I may have misspelled that.
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much I liked what you do!! :o

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
We don't have eagles in Hawaii. We have a certain kind of owl here but I've never seen one. I've never seen a bald eagle in person. I would love to go to the mainland next season to have a tour of the island with Dr Sharpe. That'll be money well spent.

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
catzsong,Jul 23 2006
05:20 PM
Hi!
I'm Cathy Stettler from Los Osos, CA (south end of Morro Bay).  Native Californian who has migrated from San Diego to the Central Coast.  I love it here - the birding is great!
That's all for now!
Catzsong :D

Hi Cathy, I used to live in LO, MB, SLO, and GC. What a beautiful area! Do you see any Bald Eagles there? I never did but wasn't looking for them when I lived there. When I first moved there from Virginia, I worked for Morris and Dee Insurance. The rest of the time I was a Correctional Officer at California Men's Colony. From there I moved to Napa and ultimately landed in Hawaii. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live here (low pay, gallon of milk costs $8.00, houses (condos) start at $300K, pay is crap, beaches have all been confiscated by the homeless, ice (crystal meth) capital of the world, seriously not the paradise portrayed in the brochures.)

harpo516
Unregistered

Hey - I'm Deb - originally from Ohio; moved to New York (Long Island) 19 years ago. Have two very grown children and an ASM for a Boy Scout Troop locally. As a matter of fact, my husband starts a 64 mile back pack trek at the boy scout ranch in NM - my son and I fly this coming weekend to NM for a week's vacation and then we'll be meeting my hubby when he comes of the trail (but he doesn't know it)!!! We love nature and the outdoors - and my husband is an Eagle Scout!
Quote Post Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

Harpo: What is ASM? I assume your husband is at Philmont Ranch? My son went to Philmont two summers ago....truly the highlight of his scouting years. He became an Eagle Scout in November 2004, achieving it one month before he turned 18.

Catzong: I love Carpinteria, too...it's changed a lot in the 24 years I've lived here. Frankly, I preferred it when it was a small funky little beach town that nobody noticed much....sigh. You are in a beautiful area too....my ex lived in Los Osos while going to school at Cal Poly a lifetime ago. I love to go up to Morro Bay to escape sometimes...is the Harbor Hut still there?? Had the most exquisite Paella there once....yummmmm!

harpo516
Unregistered

Peppermint: Asst. Scoutmaster of a Boy Scout Troop here on Long Island - 19 of them to be exact. As a matter of fact, they leave Sunday for a week upstate at summer camp (but I'll be in New Mexico this year) My husband was at Philmont 3 years ago with a trek - this is his 2nd and he's planning 3rd next year!

I've only seen an eagle nest at the space center in FL (many years ago) and 2 in captivity! They are HUGE! And of course eagles represent much in mine and my husband's lives. I also have 8 nieces/nephews/and in-law nieces/nephews currently serving in the military - 1 in Iraq and that symbol has come to mean even more to all of us!!!

So to have this opportunity to observe this life and see 49 in his true setting - WOW. I can't wait until next year - I'm hooked!

And thanks to you all - what fun I've had reading the discussions! What good people!
Quote Post Goto Top

skellis
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cambria -it is my second favorite (Yosemite is my favorite) place in California (moonstone beach is delightful). There is a great fish restaurant across from the beach I think it is the Sea Chest which Cruz would love.

skellis

mitaine1
Advanced Member
Louise from Montreal, Quebec. Anyone else speaking French on this forum? :D

Bea
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Mitaine, had 4 years of french way back in school in Germany. Sorry to say I don't remember much at all. How about German?

mitaine1
Advanced Member
Studied German for 1 year but too difficult! ;)

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Bea, wie gehts?
I spent 4 years in Germany (then West). The first was in Aschaffenburg, not far from your home. Our first son was born there. Then we moved to Bad Tolz, about 35 miles south of Munich. What a beautiful area!
We went over with 0 children and returned with 3 boys between 2 yr-10 mos. and 9 weeks old! I'm telling you it's the water over there! :lol:
We came home in Nov. 1964 but I still dream in German occasionally.
Unfortunatly, I haven't had anyone to speak with since returning and you know what they say, "If you don't use it, you lose it"!
Wiedersehn (sp)
Elaine

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Mitaine, I can read French, studied it in school right up through university. However, in those days they didn't stress speaking French so much, so I'm not very good at that part. However, I did survive very well on a couple of anniversary trips to Paris. That's because I knew I'd never see the people I spoke French to again, so I didn't care how bad I was!!

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hulabird, thank you for the link about Lil. That sure does look like him on the video. You can just see him going, "I think I can! I think I can! Big and Mom and Dad can do it, so can I!" It looked like he was aiming for something to fly to. I avoid that forum because it takes ages to wade through everything.

Cockney2: Loved your pictures of the hummer! We saw some really different hummingbirds in Trinidad at the Asa Wright Nature Centre. It is a place where birders from all over the world go to see the tropical birds. We have ruby-throated ones visiting our backyard feeders. Did the man tell you what kind yours was?

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · All About Us Who Watch · Next Topic »
Add Reply