Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
How Did You Like The Video?; And what was your favorite part?
Topic Started: Aug 12 2006, 06:57 PM (1,389 Views)
Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Let's hear everyone's feedback.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I liked the way the eagles were unflustered by returning to the nest after the invasion and finding two eggs instead of one and then a baby instead of an egg. It didn't seem to bother them at all that they didn't see it hatch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
LOVE the video! Peter hanging from the helicoptor just takes my breath away...I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like...and holding precious cargo, too!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I loved Dr Sharpe's wild and dangerous ride, but was also touched by how gently he handled the chicks.

I think I was most amazed when the live chick was put back in the nest and was accepted by the adult eagles as if they had hatched it themselves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I can't find a favorite part yet, I'll have to watch it a few dozen more times. I loved the part with the 3 sweet little chicks all snuggled in and when Dr Sharpe was able to steady the little weak baby with the floppy neck's head and help with its eating. Dr Sharpe, do we have a tag number on that little angel?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Did anyone notice the footage at the very beginning where the adult eagle was shown swooping down and grabbing something off the ground? I stepped through that frame by frame and I could make out the wing tag that looked like K60 or K10. I wonder if it possibly could have been K10?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle D
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
My personal favorite was when Dr Sharpe was fostering the chick into the nest and the mom took off from the nest and buzzed him...something about seeing the protective nature, in a chick that wasn't hers that got to me.

I also liked the chicks going beak to beak...way to cool!!!

D B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
ostrich2,Aug 12 2006
06:58 PM
Did anyone notice the footage at the very beginning where the adult eagle was shown swooping down and grabbing something off the ground? I stepped through that frame by frame and I could make out the wing tag that looked like K60 or K10. I wonder if it possibly could have been K10?

Oh yeah Ostrich, give me another excuse to watch it again :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
peppermint,Aug 12 2006
05:13 PM
LOVE the video!  Peter hanging from the helicoptor just takes my breath away...I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like...and holding precious cargo, too!

He definitely brought a whole new meaning to the phrase "fear of heights" to me. I told Darrell (EagleD) that if I worked there I would only be able to take care of the ground nest. I held my breath the entire time Jim Spickler was in the nest on banding day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:( Okay, I'm soooooo jealous. I haven't received my video...YET!!!! I run down to my mailbox every day and saya quick prayer...still nothing. Help! I can't even read this thread...it's too depressing!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
MaMiMoBa Mom,Aug 13 2006
04:42 AM
:( Okay, I'm soooooo jealous. I haven't received my video...YET!!!! I run down to my mailbox every day and saya quick prayer...still nothing. Help! I can't even read this thread...it's too depressing!

When you do get it, we'll need a full report!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillyB
Loved the video - every millisecond of it - couldn't pick a "favorite" part.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
This is driving me crazy because my video hasn't arrived yet. My cheque has been processed, but the DVD has to get through the border so I hope those customs agents MOVE IT!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cockney2
Advanced Member
I have two favorites. 1. The chick having it's neck supported and fed By Dr. Sharpe. 2. The parent eagles accepting the chick even though they didn't hatch it.

!. Human beings can be grand. 2. Mother Nature is grand.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Teddy_Neal
Unregistered

I liked the 'look' the chicks give when picked up!

I'd expect to get my eyes plucked out, but Peter says the seldom do that.

I still like that 'look'!
Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic