Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
12 Step Eagle Nest Addiction Program; Getting through life without a nest cam!
Topic Started: Aug 12 2006, 09:42 PM (789 Views)
Eagle D
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Ok...I hate to say this, but I have, like I know a few of you have, a feeling that our Cruz may have paid her last visit to the nest that she grew up in, and is now spending her nights at the "Best Nestern", sorry I couldn't resist it!!! ;)

I've got a few ideas for a 12 Step program to get us through the upcoming months, until we get a new egg from our favorite couple (K-10 and K-26). You know...little things we can do to get us through.

I'd like suggestions for the 12 step program, I may run a poll for the favorites if we get enough suggestions. I've got a great one already lined up, but I'm not going to announce it just yet...not until I've got a more complete list. ;)

This is something in the name of fun, so give me your best shots and we'll see what we come up with.

Thanks, as always, for your support.

D B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
OK Darrell, you asked for suggestions.......here are some that popped into my head......don't know if this is what you are looking for but here goes..............

1) Aline, ElaineRuth or myself can post a picture of the nest, showing the early morning and the triangles for late afternoon, each day, with or without Cruz in the picture. We all have plenty of images in our collections to call on. We can start with each day for 12 days....or however many days we need...tapering off over the months until we no longer require 'the fix'.

2)Post, at least once a day, on the forum to keep in touch with other members/ friends.

3)Print off a picture of Cruz, and/or family, and carry it with you in your wallet/purse/pocket for those times you go into 'Cruz Withdrawal'.

4) Look at yourself in a mirror and say out loud " I CAN DO THIS".

5)Play 'Wind beneath my wings" or "Fly like an eagle" extend your arms and move around the room 'flying' to the music. (Make sure the rest of the family are out....and the drapes/ blinds are closed!).

6) Eat only fish! Sushi of course.

7) Tell everyone you meet about your experiences and how you are coping with the withdrawal symptoms, play on their sympathy, and then hit them up for a donation to IWS.

8) Carry binoculars and/or camera at all times and photograph anything that flies....who knows it may even be an eagle one time!

9) Keep checking on the IWS site as well as the forum, to get updates on Cruz's travels.

10) If I may be so bold to suggest you watch 'Memories' once in awhile to give yourselves a lift or to clear the tear ducts again!

That's it! Maybe gone overboard with the number of suggestions......Can't wait to see what other people suggest! :D

Offline Profile Goto Top

Nancy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Well...you could hang out at your local zoo, pitch a tent in front of the bald eagle exhibit for 12 days, slowly moving farther and farther away each day :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Joanie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm willing to sacrifice for the cause and eat sushi at least once a week! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cumbrian: I already do most of those things and I'm STILL addicted!!! I especially like #5 LOL LOL LOL. I'm thinking it would be better to do it WITH the curtains open and when the family IS at home....surely SOMEone would do an intervention at some point to help??? Or maybe they wouldn't....how sad THAT would be!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emma Rose
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Darrell, do we get to have another poll? A list of suggestions and then a vote and we can print the final list and hang in on the mirror in the bathroom?

How about adopt a b-eagle and keep it in a nest?

Okay, okay, I'll keep thinking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

skellis
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hey guys:

Been having DSL problems and having separation anxiety. I would love to have a separate thread or section of tributes for all of the videos that you guys have made. It's hard to find them, and rewatching Cruz's feedings, wingersizes and flights would help with her absence from the nest.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle D
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
skellis,Aug 13 2006
12:23 PM
Hey guys:

Been having DSL problems and having separation anxiety. I would love to have a separate thread or section of tributes for all of the videos that you guys have made. It's hard to find them, and rewatching Cruz's feedings, wingersizes and flights would help with her absence from the nest.

These can be put into the "Poems, Odes and Tributes" thread that was started a few days ago....

Cut or copy and past it into the new thread...it's there...let's use it!!!

D B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I would love to see Cumbrian post the link to "Memories" in the Odes thread....hint hint hint!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle D
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Emma Rose,Aug 13 2006
11:52 AM
Darrell, do we get to have another poll? A list of suggestions and then a vote and we can print the final list and hang in on the mirror in the bathroom?

How about adopt a b-eagle and keep it in a nest?

Okay, okay, I'll keep thinking.

If we get enough to warrant a poll, we will have a poll...let's keep the ideas coming in. ;)

D B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Wellll....we MAY need more than 12 steps....like about 100?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
peppermint,Aug 13 2006
09:46 AM
Wellll....we MAY need more than 12 steps....like about 100?

You're absolutely right Peppermint Patti (I just love your avatar). Above all, we must have a nice round number.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Joanie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I have 3 different computers that I use constantly - one at home and two at the office (one runs the accounting program and the other for Word, e-mail, photo-shop and etc) and have 3 different captured photos set as my desktop 'wall-paper' ... one of them has the very dramatic one of Cruz with wings spread atop the nest tree (the enhanced version); one is one of the IWS captures of Dad skimming just above the water with wing tips curled on the hunt for a meal for his baby girl and the third is the most recent IWS capture of Cruz soaring high with the sky as her backdrop. Each one of them helps to remind me of the amazing accomplishments of this program and why I shouldn't feel so sad when I see the empty nest (but I still do :( ). My husband added as the screen-saver at the main desk (where visitors to the Marina office can see it over the counter-top) a message (using the Marquee feature in Windows) that crawls across the screen in big letters saying 'SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BALD EAGLE!'.... it's a perfect intro when someone asks 'what does that mean?' to jiggle the mouse which brings up one of the extraordinary photos and then with one click be at the nest-cam! Now that it looks like the nest will not be visited with any frequency, I plan to set up the best photo captures as a 'slide-show' so that it rotates through - if I plan it right, it will be equivalent to a mini-Power-Point demo timed to a mini-educational opportunity. This doesn't really involve anything that could be added to a Poll but I think one of the tenets of 12-Step Programs involves substituting behaviours, and spreading the word of the benefits of this program helps to fill the void~!
Offline Profile Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Joanie: And it sounds like you are using a really good constructive substitute as well...sounds wonderful!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Did some one say adopt a b-eagle? I've got one already, and I must admit I think of Cruz whenever I hear beagle.

I like the desk top idea Joanie: I've got the picture of Cruz sitting in the nest just after she was banded and received her wing bling as my desktop
Offline Profile Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic