Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday August 15, 2006; Daily Observations etc.
Topic Started: Aug 15 2006, 05:16 AM (4,019 Views)
cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to the early birds and everyone else who joins in later! I thought I'd start the thread today, haven't done it in awhile. The cardinals woke me up this morning before dawn with their concert.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning - I'm out of bed and made it to work - it's trying to rain here! but the sun is to come out later and back up to high 80's! Just signed on so need to get to the nest .....
Offline Profile Goto Top

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
cdn-cdn, did you say cardinals? where do you live? I went to Ohio to visit relatives and could not wait to see a cardinal.. but after a week, none appeared.
I joke about it being the state bird of Ohio but there are none in the state.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning all my peeps! Today is my last day at work. I'm excited beyond repair. Hopefully Miss thang will be excited for me and show up today!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
what kind of work Debi?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I was baby sitting my 3 year old granddaughter yesterday and missed out on all the fun talk... had heard about the eagle in the water and how lucky someone came along.. did not know it was taken to Ojai Raptors.. learn something every day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning Early Birds......and Everyone-else that will soon be joining us.

The camera came on at 6:33AM PDT.................and once again............we see an empty nest.

Come'on Family...show yourselves..........Debi/HulaBird, and the rest of us, would love to see you, at your home.

Enjoy your last day at work HulaBird............:D

Online Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Have a great last day HulaBird!!

The sun shining behind the nest --- boo hoo the empty nest! Oh well - I'm keeping it on!

I'm from Ohio and there are Cardinals - I swear! I live in NY now - and I see them once in a while here!

Again, I was dismayed to learn how many fledglings to do not survive! That's just hard to comprehend! But I know that Cruz is doing her thing and growing stronger and more capable by the moment!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
..........................Early Morning at the Nest....................

Posted Image Posted Image
#1...Taken at 6:55AM.................................................#2...Taken at 7:00AM.

Posted Image Posted Image
#3...Taken at 7:05AM..................................................#4...Taken at 7:30AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Sukieryan
Advanced Member
:mellow:
good morning everyone....Gosh its a pretty morning at the nest. Wish we would have some nest guests today but looks like they are loving their new found freedom too much. I don't know if its just me or what but It feels "fallish in the air " here on the nest coast. Copperward...did you receive my E-mail?? Hope you are around today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Congratulations, Debi/Hulabird!! :D
Now you can spend more time cuddling with your 'babies'! :wub:

p.s. Told my Dad about your offer and he is amazed :o and thrilled! :D
Online Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Ojailala, I live in Ontario. We have a forest behind our house, and cardinals like forest edges, so we have a lot of them around. They are here year-round. I love to hear the cardinal concert in the early spring when the males begin to establish their territories. They are the first to come to our feeders in the morning and the last birds there in the evening. Right now the baby birds have started to come to the feeder on their own. I can tell that they are babies because their feathers are all mottled and they flutter their wings differently compared to the adults. Last summer we got some photos of a parent cardinal feeding a newly-fledged baby. When I did the backyard bird count in the winter we had 5 males (possibly 6) and 4 females here at the same time. They were hungry because it was a snowy day. I think they are my favourite backyard birds, but I do love them all. Cardinals can have more than one "brood" in a year. I think that is what they are up to now with their pre-dawn singing.

Offline Profile Goto Top

helen b.
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Copperwyrd -

Noticed your letter to editor in the News Press this morning about the animals at the rodeo - I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

I was more surprised that your letter got in the paper. I have sent a couple of notes regarding #49 and the work that IWS is doing, and they haven't seen fit to put them in. I'm on the growing list of subscribers contemplating cancelling, but then I would miss good items like the one you sent in.

Good job, Susan.

Helen
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning forum friends. Nobody home at the nest...maybe a visit is in store for later today.

Congratulations H-Bird, hope your last day at work is a good one and you leave loaded down with accolades and retirement gifts.

I retired this year on Feb 28th and have never looked back..it's a wonderful condition to be in. My husband will retire on Nov 1st and we're moving to Big Bear, Calif to live in the mountains and count eagles from Nov to April....there's a migrating flock that winters there!

This post will also be a test to see if I got an avatar under my screen name. Couldn't find a beagle in the pre-set list, and lack the technical skills to put in one of my own pictures, so hope the dog and woof appear.

Have a great day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yes it took me a bit to figure out the avatar thing - I didn't even know what they were until 2 days ago!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic