Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Saturday, August 19; observations
Topic Started: Aug 19 2006, 05:38 AM (2,953 Views)
ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
The cam is up this morning - very foggy, and no sign of A49 :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning - it's so funny how east coasters go to bed and the posts continue for 3-4-5 pages and then in the morning when I sign on the catch up, I'm the only person signed on!!! AND I have to wait for the cam to come on! Oh well...... of to do some errands. Will check in later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
When I logged on at 6:44AM PDT this morning (a little later getting up this morning), This is what I saw!

Posted Image Posted Image
#1...Very foggy at Santa Cruz... and no one at home!................#2...Clearer in Maine....no one home.

Posted Image Posted Image
#3...Much brighter in Saanich...no one there either!............#4...15 minutes later a little less foggy but still an empty nest.

I am soooooo pleased that the 'instructions' I posted yesterday about how to use PhotoBucket to post photos to the forum was useful. I may transfer them to the Questions forum so that they don't get lost in the 'Daily News".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to all. Foggy at the nest, but the sun is starting to break through.

Cumbrian: thanks again for the great instructions regarding photobucket. I followed them and was able to get a picture of my Bixby Beagle onto the forum posts last night. Lana was asking about it too, and she was able to follow them and get a picture of a fox onto the forum posts.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning, everybody. I know what you mean, Harpo. I always have to go back and read last night's posts. The west-coast members are just getting warmed up at 8 p.m. their time while it is bedtime here! The internet is amazing in the way it links us all together. Have a great day, everyone. I'll just be checking in and out. Thank you for the group of nest photos, Cumbrian.
Ostrich, what area of the continent do you live in?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Bixby, glad to help.

I have since bumped up the 'How to post Photographs' topic in the Eagle media, Video and Photographs forum and also added the 'Step by Step' instructions/advice there too.

Also I have started a new topic in the 'What are your Questions?' forum. It is " Posting Phototgraphs/images onto Forum......Step by Step Instructions/Advice" so that anyone interested, or is new to the forum, can hopefully follow this advice and they will be able to post their own photos to share.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Teddy_Neal
Unregistered

>>"Just trying out Cumbrian's instructions for photobucket. If I did it right a picture of the real Bixby should be with this post."

Posted Image

Bixby,
Go back and look at last nights post.
Goto Top

Teddy_Neal
Unregistered

ElaineRuth,

I don't think we can reduce the size of animated gif's, at least I can't do it.

Maybe Cumbrian or Debi can help.

Sorry! :(
Goto Top

Emma Rose
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks for repeating the instructions, Cumbrian. Maybe some day I'll be brave enough to try. There sure are some great pictures on this forum. Does this technique only work on forums or do you think it would work on IM?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning~~Up close and personal---Geez--didn't expect it to be so big.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emma Rose
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Well, yes, but I would call it magnificent! Looks like she is on her way to exercise class.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Emma Rose, I'm surprised that it worked, that I could post a photo. The size is a problem--wonder if thumbnail is really thumbnail? That would be too small. Where is the Mama Bear? The one that is just right?

Emma, I had to print Cumbrian's instructions and had them right in front of me...that made it simple. Otherwise, I don't think I could have done it properly. Sorry about the large size, though.

This is my first photo post...try it, Emma!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emma Rose
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Did you size it, Patti? Cumbrian said 3-4 inches and not to use the thumbnail.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Emma, I was kind of flustered since the first time I've done it, but I don't recall an option to size it. I used Photobucket. There was the original website thumbnail and I clicked to enlarge the thumbnail and saved it to my pc Raptors file.

When I went into Photobucket and clicked on Browse---the saved photo title appeared out of my Raptor file. It kind of threw me...like there it was, right there in front of me. ??? All I did was click on that link and it entered it into the Photobucket program. It is easy, but the only thing seems to be the sizing issue.

I don't think there is a Mama Bear size to my photo. The thumbnail was small--and this is the size it opened up to when I clicked to enlarge it off the original website--then saved it to my pc files.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Patti. It looks great. Magnificent in fact....knew you could do it.

What you could do if you want to try is go back into photobucket...do not upload the photo again..just find the photo and follow the instuctions to get to the message board page but this time click on the thumbnail size, bring it over and do a post and preview it, to bring the photo up. That way you can see the difference in size. I believe if you click on the thumbnail it will enlarge it to original size when you view it.

You then have a choice of clicking Add Reply to repost or just deleteing the post altogether.

But this way it gives you some options and practice.

The only reason I do not use the Thumbnail size is because I capture from the screen at the lower resolution and the thumbnail size would be too small.

Hope this helps.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic