Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sunday, August 20; observation
Topic Started: Aug 20 2006, 05:07 AM (2,075 Views)
harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I get up this morning only to find all the fun I missed after heading to bed last night! WOW - you guys do carry on! I love it - just wish I was a night owl and could stay up a bit later....... we might get the sun first here on the east coast, but you guys get the FUN last on the west coast - I'M SO JEALOUS! But it is interesting reading in the morning! Love the photos and certainly the avatars!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emma Rose
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sure is quiet on the nestern front this a.m.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning, all! B) Cam is up....clear, quiet and still. Great pictures of the hawk on the nest yesterday, Cumbrien!

Good news! All the pictures Dave and I couldn't see last night are now visible. Hope it's that way for everyone else! :D

Jann
Offline Profile Goto Top

Emma Rose
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Ostrich, we see you there. Talk to us. We want to see if you have a new avatar. An adorable new avatar, in fact.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to all: quiet at the nest. Just a quick check in....got some looky loos coming to look at the house in a bit, so got to finish cleaning up.

I'll check back later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Bixby Good luck - do you ever watch that "sell your house" on TV! My hubby laughs but when our time comes, I'm gonna strip the house bare and leave 1 chair and small table and tell the potential buyers we're minimists!! and look how BIG our house is! It works on TV!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
8:30AM PDT Good Morning Everyone!

This feels sooooo strange. I am normally up and on the computer, waiting for the nest to appear and.....also to see if any of the family are at their home, by 6:15AM.

Today I woke at the same time, funny how you get an inbuilt alarm clock, but had to force myself to roll over and not get up for another hour and half! But I have willed myself to take more time away from the screen whilst it is still up and running.

So there is still no-one home at the nest.

Bixby........I can see BIXBY this morning in all the posts! You did everything right...well done you...and Photobucket obviously had a glitch and was playing with everyone's head!
He is adorable....give him a rub behind the ears and a kiss on his nose from me too. I love dogs.
I love all animals really but Dogs and Tigers are favourite.

This post started at 8:15AM so I better stop before I have to change the time again.(Had to show hubby all the Bixbys that had appeared).
Offline Profile Goto Top

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cumbrian and Hulabird.. No, you didn't scare me off.. I scared myself off.. I got so involved with the computer that I taught myself how to e-mail pictures so I spent the afternoon sending photos to all the relatives back east.. I have not given up and am trying to figure out how to make my pictures smaller I will be at work today until 2:00 but will try again when I get home.. Anyone that wants to come say hi today or wednesdays, I work at Tottenham Court, an English Tea Room and Gift Shop... we have a great piano player on Sundays named "Bob", with one "o"
242 E. Ojai Ave... come say hi. Linda
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nancy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning everyone...Wow and the computer class still continued last night. Great I finally saw Bixby..what a cutie not sure of my kitties would like him though. Nice pic, Hulabird, of hubby. We certainly learned a lot yesterday. Thanks for the bird ID from Dr Sharpe. I thought about it all night and it was bugging me. I like the challenge of identifying but sometimes it is difficult. I really needed a close-up. Beautiful day up here in Northern California. I will check back later and maybe you will see some more photos :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nancy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Ok Now I would like to introduce you to my friends:
Buddy that I sit for when his Mom and Dad are away. My kitties: Oreo, Bandit and the old guy Whiskers 17 years old! Enjoy and I hope they aren't too big. Thanks Cumbrian for introducing me to this. Like I said you have created a monster :P

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning! It's still overcast here & nice and very COOL. Edit: I just noticed all the posts I missed last night. I stay logged on until I turn off the pc, but does not mean I'm reading/viewing. Now we know it was a Red-tail hawk on the E-Branch! I usually see them from above--the underside--high up. A few years ago a big hawk was sitting on our telephone pole with a mockingbird under it's talon and the mother mockingbird was having a fit. It's pretty awful; it's a bird eat bird world. A young girl & her mom were on horseback and we were chatting on the street-- then that scene on the telephone pole. I was wishing the little girl didn't have to see it..since I wasn't too thrilled with it either. This is why I have nothing against crows...they all do it around here. When Cruz was hungry, I was happy to see her food arrive. She changed me.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Larma16
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning all... I spent the day yesterday in and around Ventura harbor... we watched the harbor seals playing near all the boats it was fun. I missed all the postings from yesterday so had to play catch up this am. Wonderful pictures by everyone.

Although yesterday was a beautiful day we didn't see any of the islands. :( I have seen them before even been to one or two. But now I have a special reason for seeing them...our little girl. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Great photographs Nancy........how do your lovely kitties get on with Buddy when he comes to stay? Or do you go to his house?

Patti, see you are having fun too with your flying eagle .....cool!

Linda......I am sure Debi is still willing to help you, and so are we, when you are ready to resize your photos.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Nancy: Great photos! I know I'm a little nuts about my pet "family" - the companionship is priceless! Luv 'em; luv 'em!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Love your pics Nancy! Since we are all experts now, lets have a show and tell day. Here's Lulu and Tigger (silky terriers) and Akebono (100 lb australian shepherd) giving dad a hint. Unfortunately Lulu is waiting for me at the rainbow bridge now. She was the love of my life. Besides Woody of course. :)

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic