Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, Aug 21; observations
Topic Started: Aug 21 2006, 05:30 AM (2,488 Views)
harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning all - it's 9:30 here in NY and no one is about yet! Just a quick note if no one saw, they are closing down the Vancouver camera tomorrow! They also changed their home site/ like with a clone or sister site. And who knows what's happening with their forums!

Now to a brighter note! I had a great time reading all the posts yesterday! You guys are such great fun! I had family things last couple days which kept me away from my beloved Cruzers!

Now it's work that I have to do or no pay - but I'm here!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning Harpo and Misty. I hope to see everyone else on here as the day progresses. I too just finished checking out the Saanich site. They are shutting down the camera tomorrow with a small ceremony at the site around 2:30. I don't think we will be able to see the ceremony, but people are invited to attend if they live nearby according to "Harry". Have a great day, everyone. I'm going back to check out the late night (for me) posts and pictures from yesterday. A49's nest is empty this morning. Again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yes 5:30 EST - I'm going to have leave work a little early to be sure to be home in time!! (or maybe I could be sick and just stay home)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'd heard through the grapeline that David Hancock was going to be visiting the Saanich site on Sunday to make a final confirmation that Lil and Big and parents had left for the salmon runs and the cam could be shut down - just wondering where folks saw the official announcement if one has been made?

Goodbye Big and Lil. :) :( We may see your parents next year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
it was in the posts over the weekend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to all, happy Monday. I have enjoyed looking at all the photos so much and made a happy discovery to pass on to all.

I found in a magazine a little blurb about a site called photostamps.com. For anyone who doesn't know about this site, you can go online and have a personal picture made into postage stamps. It's real easy and the steps are somewhat similar to getting a photo onto the forum site. I did so last night and in a few days I will have stamps arriving with my Bixby Beagle picture on them. This tickled me so much and I thought you might enjoy this too.

Have a great day. I'm going to have a sip of tea and read the newspaper. Check back with you in a bit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
"Frank_L"

I am glad you gals/guys are having fun in my absence. Did you see me jumping up and down, flapping my arms in the meadow?

I was there from 8 till 11:30 a.m., the neigbours, Turkey vultures and Ospreys were all present, but the Eagles are no where to be seen. It was low tide, but I did not see any BE fishing at all. Blue skies and sunshine, perfect day at the beach.

I am not sad that they are gone, I am very happy for Mom & Dad that they have sucessfully raised 2 beautiful eaglets, and that they are now soaring free over salmonland. 3 cheers to our magnificent Mom and Dad !!

This was copied to a post on Sun so.... then someone posted a time line for eagle activity - migrating/feeding/returning/etc. All of this appeared Sat/Sun on that forum and I think there was a little note if you went to Hancock site as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Bixby: I just love those flying ears!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
7:40AM PDT Good Morning Everyone. Just checking in and I see the nest is empty.
Took the following photos at 7:25AM before reading that the Saanich Cam is probably closing down.

Posted Image
Santa Cruz.........An empty nest..........but Made History, and Successfully Hatched and Fledged 1 Chick..CRUZ.
Posted Image Posted Image
Maine..Empty..Successfully Hatched/Fledged 2 Chicks...............Saanich..Empty..Successfully Hatched/Fledged 2 Chicks

Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Ostrich and Harpo, I went back into the "dark forest" as Hulabird calls the Saanich forum and I can't find what I read about the cam being shut down tomorrow. There are pages and pages!! I should have written down the page and thread when I was reading it the first time. Someone had posted that Harry (the nice man who left the eagles salmon when Lil was starving) had talked to David Hancock at the site and that was the plan. Harpo, I don't think we'll be able to see anything, but I'll be watching for sure anyway. Sorry to everybody else to be off-topic from A49's nest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Since it's going to be shut down tomorrow I'm going to be taking the opportunity to get my last looks at the nest today until next year. Hopefully both Big and Lil are on their way to the salmon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Well hopefully our nest stays on for a while and I'll only suffer one withdrawal this week instead of two - even though it may be empty, it represents so much and I love to look at it from time to time in all the different lights of the day!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cockney2
Advanced Member
Good morning everyone. Have a great Monday. Perhaps we'll be lucky and our eaglet will show up just to sit on a branch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Troth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning everyone~

Wow, it took me over an hour to catch up with all the posts over the weekend.
Loved all the photos, what a great bunch of people.

I am in agreement with Cumbrian about the cam. I am not even going to open it anymore, I know Cruz is not going to come back to that location now that she has her fly mates. I will be looking forward to the Wednesday updates and of course will still be logging in for the board chatter. It is a great forum.

I have about $12.00 in my cup at work so hopefully I will be sending in another donation this week. Yeah!!

Watched the DVD again this weekend and it gave me more ideas to add to another entry for the Hero of the Year Award.

Well I will be lurking throughout the day so have a great Monday everyone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning everybody. Read the posts about the Saanich cam closing down. Even when it's time, it's still bittersweet--the memories for those who were very attached. I never followed their forum, but did take peeks over there and it was a lovely nest site. It was a "welcoming" nest as opposed to A-49's. I once found a beautiful video (on the forum) that made me cry and cry. The song was so pretty.

Bixby, I'll check out your postage site. Sounds pretty neat! Will you let us know what you think of your stamps?

Mesowest reported 67 degrees with 83% relative humidity at 9 a.m. -- Santa Cruz Island.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic