Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tech Help; Answers to all your technical questions
Topic Started: Aug 21 2006, 06:45 PM (39,768 Views)
ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
INDEX

. . . Adding Your Signature to Your Post
. . . How to Install a Basic Avatar
. . . How to Install an Avatar that Exceed the 25kb Allowed

CAMSTUDIO
. . . Adjusting Video Quality in CamStudio

JUSTIN TV VIDEOS
. . . How to HIGHLIGHT a Justin TV Video

MISCELLANEOUS
. . . Adding a GOOGLE Toolbar
. . . Recordable CD's and Re-Recordable CD's
. . . Making Animations
. . . How to CUT, COPY and PASTE
. . . To Help Navigate the Various Threads Using Windows or Tabs
. . . To Open Mulitple Web Pages at the Same Time Without Tabs

NEOKAST
. . . How to Make a Shortcut Icon

PHOTOBUCKET
. . . How to Post Photographs Using PhotoBucket ** Updated Information added January 2011.

. . . Bringing Multiple Photos from PhotoBucket to Forum
. . . Bringing Multiple Photos from PhotoBucket to Forum in New PhotoBucket (11/17/10)
. . . Uploading to PhotoBucket Tip
. . . Organizing Photo Files in PhotoBucket
. . . Quick & Easy Settings for PhotoBucket Thumbnails

PICASA
. . . Getting Started
. . . Picasa3 - Getting Started
. . . Uploading Pictures to Web Albums
. . . How to Add Pictures to an Existing Album
. . . How to Delete Pictures from an Existing Album
. . . How to Pick & Choose Pictures to Put in Your Album
. . . Finishing Touches

PICTURES and/or CAPTURES
. . . How to Post Pictures/Captures
. . . How to Resize Pictures
. . . How to do Screen Captures (Stills and Videos)
. . . How to Get a Time Stamp on Your Videos and Pictures
. . . How to do Screen Captures of TH & WE Nests for MAC Users

POSTING on the FORUM
. . . Changing Font Size (for PC)
. . . Colorizing Text (for PC)
. . . Colorizing Text for MAC/SAFARI
. . . Closing Tags/Codes (on a PC)
. . . Closing Tags/Codes (on a MAC)
. . . How to 'Go Back & Colorize Text' on a MAC
. . . How to Transfer a Post From One Forum Thread to Another
. . . Posting Photos Side-by-Side
. . . Posting a WMV (Video/Song) File
. . . How to do Quotes in a Post
. . . Multiple Quotes in a Single Reply #1
. . . Multiple Quotes in a Single Reply #2
. . . How to Edit Your Posted Messages
. . . Linking to a Posted Message
. . . How to Make a Graphic a Clickable Link

SNAGIT
. . . How to Capture a Video using the SnagIt Screen Capture & Sharing Program
. . . Complete the SnagIt Profile
. . . Capture Tips for SnagIt
. . . SnagIt Hints & Tips
. . . Adjusting Audio Setting in SnagIt
. . . Time-stamping Picture & Video Captures in SnagIt

WEBSHOTS
. . . How to Post Pictures on the Forum Using Webshots

WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER (WMM)
. . . How to Use WMM for PC's (Basics)
. . . Adding Titles on WMM
. . . How to Create Different Video Text Banners in WMM

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAY (WMP)
. . . WMM Tip
. . . Keeping the WMP Always Visible
. . . Adjusting Brightness on WMP
. . . How to brighten the Santa Cruz nest on a Mac
. . . Making a 'Favorite Places' Link from WMP Links

YOUTUBE
. . . How to Upload Your Video to YouTube
. . .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
RESIZING PICTURES

Sometimes your pictures are too big and Photobucket either won't accept them or you'll get a half gray picture. In this case you'll have to resize the picture.

You can use whatever digital image manipulation software you feel comfy with. I reccommend Fast Stone. Its really nice and easy to use. Here's the link to download it.

http://www.download.com/FastStone-Image-Vi...ml?tag=toprated

After you install the program, open it and find your picture. Once you see it as a thumbnail in the program, double click on it.

This will open it up in full screen. You can move your mouse to any edge of the screen and be able do many things with your picture but the resize tool is on the left. Move your mouse to the left edge of the screen and a menu will open. Select resize. I usually select the % button and go to 50%. But you may want to experiment.

After that save the file and re-upload it into photobucket.

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
How to POST PHOTOGRAPHS

Step 1. What you need to know.

Before you can post into this forum you have to put your photos into a host web page. Most host sites have free service. We use http://s101.photobucket.com/ but there are others you can use. Check Google or with your internet provider who may have a service or can help you.
Once you have registered etc on the host web site just follow their instructions. They have tools/tips there to help too. Basically you load your photos from your computer onto the host site chosen, clicking on Image (chosen file). Your aim is to get a [ IMG] code for message boards which you can then copy and paste into this site's video and photos forum. ( The same way as you would post a message).
The codes will come up and if you want to add any descriptions/text you put this underneath the codes. Preview Post first and when you scroll up the page, you will see your photos plus any text you added. If you are happy with what you see then press the Add Reply button and this submits them to the forum (just like the observations forum).

Keep your images small 3" - 4" in width to prevent un-necessary sideways scrolling and for faster loading.

It is a little tricky at first but I'm sure you will soon get the hang of it (we did).
Perhaps try with just 1 photograph first to see if it works.

How to Use PHOTOBUCKET
Step 2. This is what I do...at Photobucket....Step by Step, ( Hopefully making Step 1 above more understandable)

Register onto Photobucket...or any other web hosting site.
Upload your photos..you select the number and then Image (Choose File)
Then click submit.
When the photos are uploaded it will tell you and you then scroll down and then you select which ones you want and put a check in the small box.
I do not take the URI/Tag/IMG code from under these photos.....I scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Generate HTML and IMG Code.
The next page that comes up, scroll down to the bottom of the page to IMG images for Message Boards (Do not select Thumbnails even though it is marked recommended in red)
Highlight and right click over it and copy this IMG.
Log out.
Come to the forum and start your post and paste the IMG ...THEN PREVIEW first otherwise the photo will not show only the code will appear.
Post any comments/captions etc and then press Add Reply.

Sounds complicated?......If I can do it You can do it!

Just Another Step....this time regarding LARGE Photographs.
I am adding a further step so that if anyone has a large photograph, or a photo that appeared larger when they posted it, they can use the thumbnails instead and then follow the instructions below.

What you do is go back into photobucket... for the photo that appeared larger in the post... do not upload the photo again..just find the photo and follow the instuctions to get to the message board page but this time click on the thumbnail size, make sure it is the one for MESSAGE BOARDS, bring it over and do a post and preview it, to bring the photo up. That way you can see the difference in size. I believe if you click on the thumbnail it will enlarge it to original size when you view it.

You then have a choice of clicking Add Reply to repost or just deleteing the post altogether.

For the large photograph that you are uploading for the first time.. you simply follow the original instructions but use thumbnails instead.

The only reason I do not use the Thumbnail size is because I capture from the screen at the lower resolution and the thumbnail size would be too small.

VISUAL RECAP OF STEPS AT PHOTOBUCKET

Are the photos now showing on Photobucket? There should be a small box under the photo.

Posted Image .................. Posted Image
This is how your photos should look when they are uploaded. When you select one ..you check the small box and it will get surrounded by red.

Do this for all the photos you want on that page. If there are others on another page you will have to get to them later. One page cancels out the other.

Now go to the bottom of the page and click on Generate HTML and IMG code
Posted Image
This will take you to the next page ...... scroll down to either the Thumbnails or the Message Board IMG code/s.
Posted Image

Now you need to highlight over this/these code/s, inside the box, and copy them. To do this you position your cursor at the start of the text, or in this case the codes, and then hold the left mouse button down and move the cursor across to highlight the codes. Photobucket has changed here a little ... if you have more than 1 code... you will have to scroll down the box whilst you are highlighting the codes. Make sure you have ALL the codes for the number of photos you have selected
Release the left mouse button ... make sure the pointer is on the highlighted text (Blue). Press the right mouse button down and a dialogue box comes up ... select copy.
.... log out of Photobucket .... come over to the forum and paste.

Hopefully when you PREVIEW your post, the photos will be there.

I apologise if you already know how to copy and paste.... but I am just covering everything here.

Good Luck!

UPDATED INFORMATION ... JANUARY 2011

Open a Photobucket account.

If you are going to be capturing from the EagleCams, then make separate albums for each nest. Easier to keep track of your pictures.

Open the selected Album .. Click on Album Options .. on the drop down menu click on Upload photos and videos.

BEFORE you continue .. select the size for your photo.
Click on Customize your upload options .. it will say loading .. and a page will open with the sizes.
Go to the Web Size area .. Choose either 320x240 or 640x480 .. and then at the bottom of the page click on Save.
You are now ready to upload your pictures.

If you have multiple captures use the Bulk Uploader at the right side of the page that has now opened.
Click on Try it now and that will take you to where you have your captures.
Select/click on the ones you want .. they will show below .. then click on upload.
Once they have been uploaded your selected album page will appear and you can now take the IMG codes.
Simply place your cursor over the pictures and click the small box beneath the picture. Do this with all the pictures you want to post.
Then go to the bottom of the page and click on Choose action .. on the drop down menu click on Generate link codes for selected .. it will say loading .. and a page will open with the codes.
You want to take the codes under IMG for bulletin boards & forums.
Take the Full size .. just click your cursor over the codes and it will say copied.

Now bring them over to the forum to post. Just right click on the mouse and the codes will appear.

For single captures. Click on Album options .. then Upload photos and videos.
Click on the Green rectangle .. Select Photos and videos .. select your picture .. and then click on Select.

The next page will advise Upload completed .. but you may have to Save and continue to the album .. just follow the instructions on screen.

Same step applies to get the code as for the bulk captures .. but this time you can take the IMG code beneath that photo .. click and it will copy the code.

Follow the same steps to post on the forum.

REMEMBER ... NEVER DELETE A PHOTO from any of your Albums on Photobucket .. because that will delete them from the forum.

Photobucket is the hosting site .. and even though the photo is on the forum ... it will be lost if you delete ... or even move a picture from one album to another.

So ... leave well alone!

You can always add another Album!

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Now that you all have a good idea of how to post photographs to the forum, through Photobucket or another web host of your choice, here are some more hints re transferring them from one forum to another which may help you.

How to transfer from one Forum thread to another
For anyone who wants to leave an original photograph in the Daily Observations thread BUT may also want to post the same photograph into the new thread/topic that ElaineRuth has started in Eagle Media...videos and photographs...Family Pix.

Simply go to your original post, where you first posted the photograph.
Click on EDIT.
This will take you to the original post before submission.
Simply click onto the IMG code, like you did at Photobucket.....Highlight..right click and copy.
Click on the Submit Modified Post. (Doesn't matter if you have not changed anything).
Then go over to the Eagle Media forum and post/paste into the Family Pix topic....don't forget to PREVIEW Post.

Anyone that hasn't copied anything-else since your last photo submission, AND haven't closed down the computer during this time, should still have the IMG code present and can just go straight to the Family Pix topic.

NOTE: This does not work for PhotoBucket videos. In fact, editing anything in your post that has a PhotoBucket video in it, will make the link useless! If you must edit a post that contains a PhotoBucket video, you MUST repost the original link from PhotoBucket.

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Some members may be confused about where to store the photographs for Photobucket to find them.

You can actually put your photos onto your desktop and Photobucket will pick them up from there, they don't have to be in any special file/folder, but you can make a file/folder and put them in there so that you know where they are, so that when you come to choose you can select the correct one.

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
HOW TO DO SCREEN CAPTURES (Stills and Videos)

I use Fraps (there are probably many others but I don't know what they are). You can download and use the program for free at http://www.fraps.com . If you use the free version, there will be a watermark on your images and videos. The paid version is $37.

This program is childs play to use. Meaning EXTREMELY easy.

One you install it, open the program. You'll want to do a little configuration. I have created a folder on my desktop called Eagle Shots and that's where I told Fraps to store my screen shots and videos. I think by default it stores them in the my pictures and my videos folders. You can leave the default. I just find it easier to have them on my desktop.

So in the program interface, on the movies tab, where it says "Folder to save movies in", either leave it at the default and make a note of where that is so you can find your clips or click on change and point it to where ever you want to save to. Do the same on the Screenshots tab.

Next, back on the Movies tab, I have mine configured with the following options: Hotkey default is F9, full size, 50fps (frames per second), Record sound is checked, detect best sound.

On the Screenshots tab, my configuration is hotkey F10 (default), jpg, and both boxes are unchecked.

Now you're all set. Whenever you want to record whats on your screen as a video, press F9 (don't forget to press it again when you're through or else your hard drive will fill up right away).

When you want to do a still, press F10.

Then when you want to post it, put your stills on photobucket as described by Cumbrian above.

Posting videos requires an extra step so I'll cover that in my next post.

Please address any questions on this in the daily observations and I'll either clarify it there or edit this post to include the answer to your question. That way it keeps this thread relatively clean so the info you need is easier to find.

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cumbrian,Aug 22 2006
11:35 AM
Some members may be confused about where to store the photographs for Photobucket to find them.

You can actually put your photos onto your desktop and Photobucket will pick them up from there, they don't have to be in any special file/folder, but you can make a file/folder and put them in there so that you know where they are, so that when you come to choose you can select the correct one.

Hi Pat,
one question I have: if the photo is uploaded to PhotoBucket from the desktop (or wherever) and you later move that photo to another folder, is that when you get that old "photo moved or deleted" message?? Because if it is, the desktop could fill up pretty fast.

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I am transferring this from Friday, September 22nd, Daily Observations Thread as I think the information may be helpful to the members with PC's, that are trying to capture screen shots.

Quote:

Bea, Great screen capture of the Adult visiting the nest on Thursday. How did you capture it? Did you use Windows Media Player? Just wondering for all the other members who have PC's.
We have an Apple/Mac, so use an entirely different program.

Quote:

Cumbrian, I take the screenshot thru a freeware called MW Snap3. It is really easy to use. PC users can download it here

http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I have just purchased SnagIt Screen Capture & Sharing and love it. They have a good online question and answer section--plus a free telephone tech support service.

It's $40 per year, but I had been needing to create PDF files for my mom's affairs--and this program does this also. I nearly died when I saw I had created a PDF out of a WordPad document I decided to "capture." When I accidentally discovered I could create PDF's with one click, that sold me on the product.

SnagIt offers a 30-day free trial period. Saturday afternoon I was overwhelmed by it--and by yesterday, Sunday, I knew I would purchase it. I was able to easily get rid of the blank Windows Media Player image after going into their online tech help section and modifying that response a bit. SnagIt explained this is a common problem with many screen capture programs...and I reset something in my Windows Media Player to correct it.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp?CMP=KgoogleS2

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Patti, thanks for the testimonial. I love how your screen shots look. I'm going to go check it out now. You know we need the best stuff with nestovations coming up soon!

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
ADDING GOOGLE TOOLBAR
Here are instructions for adding the Google toolbar which adds Translate this page feature for translating a web page to English.

1. Do a GoodSearch for Google toolbar
2. Click on the Google Toolbar with the address “toolbar.google.com”
3. Click on “Download Google Toolbar”
4. Click on “Run” in the popup window
5. Click on “Run” in the Security Warning popup window
6. Unselect “Set Google as default search in Internet Explorer and notify me of changes” – GoodSearch should be your default search engine.
7. Click on “Agree & Continue”
8. Select “Disable PageRank” unless you want to use all features of the Google Toolbar options and don’t mind having Google collect information on you at their whim.
9. Click on “Finish”
10. On the right end of your new Google toolbar will be a “Settings” button. Click on it and then click on “Options”
11. “Features” is the first tab, unselect everything there unless there is something you really want to use. Most of the features are unnecessary or already built into the latest browsers. Note there is a “Translate Menu” but it is only for translating from English to other languages.
12. Go to the “Buttons” tab and unselect all buttons unless there is one you really want to use. It wouldn’t hurt to use “Google Maps” and “Google Earth” if you have it installed.
13. Go to the “More” tab and unselect all options. Most things here are built into the browser.
14. Now reboot the computer and then go to Hulabird's video on Observations Friday, September 22, 2006 page 1.
15. Right click anywhere on the page and in the drop down menu go down to the “Google Search” – “Page Info” – “Translate Page to English”

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
BRINGING MULTIPLE PHOTOS FROM PHOTOBUCKET TO FORUM
Here is the information for bringing more than one photograph, I think the maximum number at one time is 10, from Photobucket and posting them onto the forum side by side.

At Photobucket after you have uploaded, and then selected your photos to be posted, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click onto Generate HTML and IMG code.

Next page, scroll down to the bottom and take the IMG for message boards. All the photos codes will be in the box.Highlight and right click over it and copy the IMGs. Log Out.

On the forum paste the photos..the codes will come in singularly but may overlap onto a second line. [IMG] should start and finish the code for each photograph.

I normally count down two photos..codes..and then press enter. This gives me the space for any captions etc. Continue counting and spacing every two photos until all accounted for.

POSTING PHOTOS SIDE BY SIDE
To post them side by side. Place the cursor at the end of the first photo's code [/IMG]. Hit the space bar twice, to give you a little distance between the photos, then press the delete key. This will bring the second photo's code [IMG] up alongside the first photo's code on the second line.

Press Preview and check that the photos are now side by side.
Then just repeat for the remaining photos.
If something is not right it could be because one of the [IMG] codes has been deleted during the posting. Then you just Add Reply to post them.

Just practice with a previous photo that you have already posted but delete before pressing Add Reply.

Good Luck.

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Coming Soon- Backing up your important data. This must be done because your hard drive can and will fail at the most inopportune time.

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
UPLOADING to PHOTOBUCKET TIP
Here is another tip when you are uploading your photos at Photobucket.

I always upload my photos into Photobucket in REVERSE ORDER and SELECT THEM that way too and MOST TIMES the codes are then in the first to last order when you post them. Go Figure!

Also you may be able to retype in the code if it gets erased during the post.

Hope this helps.

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Eagle Duo,Sep 25 2006
09:01 PM
Here are instructions for adding the Google toolbar which adds Translate this page feature for translating a web page to english.

1. Do a GoodSearch for Google toolbar
2. Click on the Google Toolbar with the address “toolbar.google.com”
3. Click on “Download Google Toolbar”
4. Click on “Run” in the popup window
5. Click on “Run” in the Security Warning popup window
6. Unselect “Set Google as default search in Internet Explorer and notify me of changes” – GoodSearch should be your default search engine.
7. Click on “Agree & Continue”
8. Select “Disable PageRank” unless you want to use all features of the Google Toolbar options and don’t mind having Google collect information on you at their whim.
9. Click on “Finish”
10. On the right end of your new Google toolbar will be a “Settings” button. Click on it and then click on “Options”
11. “Features” is the first tab, unselect everything there unless there is something you really want to use. Most of the features are unnecessary or already built into the latest browsers. Note there is a “Translate Menu” but it is only for translating from English to other languages.
12. Go to the “Buttons” tab and unselect all buttons unless there is one you really want to use. It wouldn’t hurt to use “Google Maps” and “Google Earth” if you have it installed.
13. Go to the “More” tab and unselect all options. Most things here are built into the browser.
14. Now reboot the computer and then go to Hulabirds video on Observations Friday, September 22, 2006 page 1.
15. Right click anywhere on the page and in the drop down menu go down to the “Google Search” – “Page Info” – “Translate Page to English”

Hi Dave,
I printed out your instructions and followed them to a 'tee' but when I right-click, the drop down menu does not have anything that says 'Google' at all.
Help?

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · What are your questions? · Next Topic »
Add Reply