Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, August 25, 2006; Observations, etc.
Topic Started: Aug 25 2006, 05:36 AM (1,787 Views)
Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning and TGIF! No camera yet, but I'll start the day anyways. Hope ya'll have a great day! B)

Jann
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
6:47AM PDT. Camera on.....Looks a bit foggy at the nest........and guess what....There is no-one at home!

Hi, there Jann..Where's all the East coasters this morning?

Have a busy day today, so cannot check back until later this afternoon.

Keep an Eagle Eye open............See you all later! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yes, that lovely 'Marine Layer' that helps keep temps from soaring quite so fast. I love it....wish our's hadn't burned off already.

Don't know if this is where I should post this or not, so I'll post it here and if ya'll think it needs to go someplace else, please let me know and I'll move it if necessary. I was surfing last night and found this interesting video on bald eagles in Homer, Alaska. Looks like this is the place you wanna go if you want to be guaranteed to see them. Incredible!

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1636708
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning forum friends! I am moving slowly this morning. We had a rainstorm last night and I didn't get much sleep. The nest looks forlorn in the fog this morning. I'll check out the video link, EagleDuo.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I've seen that before and its really cool to watch but I don't think that lady is doing the right thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tasha
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Poo....I cant download flash player on the work computer..access denied
Offline Profile Goto Top

ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
We need a nice overcast cool day on the island, one that might make A49 decide to pass by and land on her favorite pinecone branch instead of hiding out in the shade - or someone needs to climb up there and leave one of those huge fish. LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning~~the fog is all the way up to my house this a.m. and we're usually above the fog line.

Mesowest reports 62 degrees with 100% relative humidity on Santa Cruz Island at 7 a.m.

Back to a.m. chores, but wanted to check in.

Edit--just opened up to the nest and it looks overcast there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Troth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Morning everyone~

It was way foggy coming in this morning, to tell the truth I can't remember the last time I saw Santa Cruz Island. The fog lays between the islands and the mainland on the ocean most of the day. It burns off here and there but stays on the water.

I will try to check out the video, EagleDuo

Darrel, we are still waiting for the "news"

HAPPY TGIF all
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
NY checking in and saying Good Morning to all! Went to take hubby to train and discovered flat tire - on my brand new car (6 weeks) that I already had to replace an expensive tire (2 weeks) on. And it's that brand new replacement tire that was flat - BIG nail! Oh well - TGIF and what time does the party start!

I got 2 more DVD's so I've sent 1 to my sister in law and passing 1 around here at work and when my scout troop starts in a couple weeks, I'll pass 1 around there! SUCK 'EM ALL IN!!

cdn-cdn: Sorry about the storm - ours last night went just east but more predicted for today/tomorrow!

OK gotta check the nest and get to work - will check in later!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
That was an incredible video, Dave and Jann. Wow...so many eagles, even more than the crows we had in Sylmar--and that's saying a lot.

In a few short years, there will be no need for funding eagles on our Channel Islands, if nature takes her course. I hope I'm around to see them hanging out on the mainland. One of our info pages mentions there are 60 eagles on the Islands now--and if you add 14-15 to that yearly, it adds up. When our guys reach breeding age, watch out! :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hikers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Eagle Duo, Thanks for sharing the video. I think every town has an eccentric animal lover like " Eagle Lady ". Ojai has many! If it helped the bald eagles to stay alive during the Alaskan winters, I would be throwing them fish too. I would be letting them stay in my house!! I'm a bit eccentric myself, some times my own humane society. We are fortunate to live in a country that has a humane society and projects like the IWS. My son lives in Jerusalem, Israel, not too much money for a humane society there, only security. What BIG hearts projects like IWS have! I have been really enjoying all the posts, everyday from all of you steady observers. The eaglets are my online pets, while I'm at work. They are so much fun, all of them. Have a good day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

catzsong
Advanced Member
Good morning. Overcast morning here on the Central Coast. Hopefully the sun will appear at some point since it's my day off!! Hope everyone has a great day :D
ttfn
catzsong
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
whatever sun we had here in ny is now gone and it's pouring!! (and thundering) So now if a ray of sun would reach out to the nest - I'd be good!
Offline Profile Goto Top

CarolAnn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Patti,Aug 25 2006
07:34 AM
Good Morning~~the fog is all the way up to my house this a.m. and we're usually above the fog line.

We could have used a fog horn just to get to the end our street this morning. :( Hopefully this will burn off soon. I'm the type that needs the sun out and shining! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic