Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
A Special Thank You; Something special for someone special...
Topic Started: Aug 25 2006, 10:14 AM (1,230 Views)
Eagle D
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Today is a monumental day.

Not only is this my 500th post on this board, it also marks the end of the first month of our fundraiser. We are so, so close to meeting out original goal and mere words alone cannot express my gratitude to all of you for giving and being a part of this effort. I'll have more on the fundraiser and the raffle later.

I would like to take a moment and look back over the last few months, and thank someone in particular from this forum. This person has been known as the queen of video capturing and still posting. Together with her husband they worked their fingers to the bone for all of us. It was awfully convenient to get up and see what you may have missed on the nest when Cruz and her parents were still hanging around. It was, I am sure, also something that allowed the IWS Crew time to concentrate on other things, knowing that the stills from the nest would be here along with their captions and that Cruz was being watched by more than them. Indeed we were all watching Cruz, but no one, outside of the IWS was watching more than Cumbrian.

Roy and Pat, from all of us, I just wanted to thank you for all you have done.

For all the special moments you saved for us, for all the video tributes you've made for us, for everything you've done, for your steadfast dedication to this group I am pleased to be able to make this announcement.

On behalf of the IWS, Dr Sharpe, The A49 Cruzers and Myself, I am pleased to announced that arrangements have been made for both of you to recieve a tour of the IWS Facilities on Catalina whenever you can get down here for a visit. This is a standing invitation for the both of you and just our way of saying thank you for your special and unique involvement.

Enjoy it, you've earned it!!!

Darrell B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Troth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
YEAH!!! I am so glad this was done. YES!!! I thought in the back of my mind that if I win the tour I am giving it to the Cumbrians. But this is the best ever. THANK YOU CUMBRIANS, we love you. I ditto everything wonderful that anyone has ever said about you.

Thank you Darrel, IWS and Peter for making this happen, awesome.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Kudos and Congratulations to the Cumbrians! A well deserved tribute!! Thank you for everything!
Offline Profile Goto Top

firstmateccc
This brought tears to my eyes. A well deserved tribute to our wonderful Cumbrian!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

A terrific idea! Bravo Roy and Pat!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sukieryan
Advanced Member
:D :D :D :D :wub: CONGRATULATIONS to the CUMBRIANS!!! I'm so happy that you received the tour on Catalina.....Your videos and pictures were exceptional and made our forum so much fun, I know you must have been a big help to the IWS team...Thank you Darrel and Peter for doing this for these two most deserving people... Sukie
Offline Profile Goto Top

CarolAnn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Wow - this is great!! I echo the sentiments of Eagle D. I became so dependent on the Cumbrians for their photos, videos, the postings - humorous, witty, heartwarming! And those clever, funny photo captions!! :D

Thank you IWS, Dr. Sharpe and Darrell for arranging this special, well-deserved acknowledgment to the Cumbrians for all they have meant to this forum, the people here, the eaglets and eagles and especially A-49 Cruz! :)

Thank you, Cumbrians!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Teddy_Neal
Unregistered

Congratulations, Cumbrian!
Goto Top

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
News worth waiting for..what an honor.. hope you two can come soon.. maybe in October????
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bea
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
This is so great!! Super!! I am so happy for Pat and Roy.
I know there were many times when I was unable to watch the nest, and I always felt consoled by the thought that Pat and Roy are watching and capturing videos and stills for me and all of us to see. Not to mention the special video tributes they put together for us all.

They have been the heart of this forum.

Thank you so much IWS, Dr. Sharpe and Darrell for this wonderful present to the Cumbrians!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH CUMBRIANS!!! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I second everything everyone has said here. I relied on Cumbrian's pictures quite a bit to keep updated with A-49. I didn't panic so much if I missed something because Cumbrian would capture every momentus event for us. Thank you, Cumbrians, and congratulations!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lou
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Congratulations Cumbrians! It is a well-deserved honor for your devotion and dedication to this forum, the IWS and web cam watching! The value that your picture captures of the nest added to the forum is immeasurable. :) :) :) :wub: :) :) :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I whole heartedly agree - with the time difference (and work) and life in general, I always knew I could count on updated info and great photos from Cumbrians and sometimes (being in boy scouts) those who do so much (and not for gain or acknowledgement) are oft overlooked and maybe underappreciated! We've all said a thousand times - thank you!

But this is truly a well deservied THANK YOU!

And as everyone else said, a thousand thanks to Darrell and Peter and all at Iws - - -

And from me to everyone on these threads, thank you also. What an experience this has truly been (and continues to be)..... :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

skellis
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Congratulations Cumbrians:

Pat you really deserve this, and when you come down I for one would like to take you to dinner (I am probably not alone in this) so let us know when you are coming and I'll bet there will be a party.) :D

skellis
Offline Profile Goto Top

mizqueen
Advanced Member
No one deserves it more. You two have been shining lights on this forum. The computer knowledge (and your willingness to share it!) is awesome. Do come down and see our beautiful islands. We visited your island last fall and were in both Nainamo and Cheimanthus, as my MIL is heavily into murals. I can't wait to get back to B.C., but Santa Cruz and Catalina are wonderful in a different way. Congratulations! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic