Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Saturday, August 26; Observations, etc.
Topic Started: Aug 26 2006, 04:31 AM (1,829 Views)
harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning all - it's rainy, rainy here! But the cooler weather is truly appreciated. I don't know how we can top yesterday's announcement re: the Cumbrian surprise :D but I'm sure we'll do our best. Again, well deserved! I read that the nest is going off earlier and earlier - hadn't even noticed! Oh my! Maybe it's the weaning way.... I'm waiting for rebuild - I would love to see from day 1. OK time for breakfast and my birdies are calling for attention so... check with you later!
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
You know I didn't even notice - all day of checking on activity/posts and reading up this morning, but yesterday's topics was Friday, August 25, 2005 - I'm in 2006 I think! :lol: I sure feel better - I'm not the only one out there who does it from time to time!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning all. It's rainy and dreary here in eastern PA. as well. We sure need the rain though!

I'm back from my trip to Pittsburgh. Great visit with my mom and all three of my kids. We went to The Pgh. Zoo, Kennywood (amusement park) and Station Square (riverfront shopping and sight seeing).

Hulabird, I passed the Mechanicsburgh exit and I beeped a "Hello!" for your parents! I hope they heard me zooming by! The other drivers thought I was nuts, but I'm used to that reaction! :P <_<

Loved the update on Wed. My mom only has dial-up, so, I had a long wait, but it was well worth it!

Gotta run!
Nancy
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to the early birds! Actually, it's not that early here any more. We've already taken the whippet for a walk and had our first cup of coffee - well, green tea for my husband. I thought you might enjoy these pictures of a very frazzled-looking female cardinal with her fledgling. They were visiting our backyard feeder.
I think she's trying to show her baby where to get its own food! Just click on photos for a close-up.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cheryl (cdn-cdn) ~ loved the pictures of the cardinals! :D That must have been so much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Did the fledgling ever get the message?

Debi (Hulabird) ~ Loved your new video of Cruz and Dad's lunch. It never ceases to amaze me how loving and patient the parents have been. It's especially amazing how great K10 & K26 did......once they figured out they had to feed their little fuzzball! :rolleyes:

harpo516,Aug 26 2006
04:34 AM
You know I didn't even notice - all day of checking on activity/posts and reading up this morning, but yesterday's topics was Friday, August 25, 2005  -  I'm in 2006 I think!  :lol:  I sure feel better - I'm not the only one out there who does it from time to time!!!

Oops! Task about blushing!!! That'll teach me to try to do something before I actually wake up! :blink: Well, maybe not, but hopefully it'll slow me down a little! :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nancy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning all from the "nestcoast"...Overcast here but the sun will make an appearance. Headed off to my parent's today for a visit and to catch up on things. Hope that you all have a good day. Thank goodness for you East Coast risers. I like having you start things off. Enjoy
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
8:20AM PDT. Well Good Morning Everyone. This is late for me.....must have been all that exciting news yesterday.......that's my excuse and I am sticking to it! :D

Our weather this morning...we are quite breezy but sunny. Yesterday was another HOT day here on the Island.

Like peppermint...haven't seen too many posts from Patti this week, hope everything is ok...my favourite Season is the Fall, mostly because of the colours.

cdn-cdn, just loved the Cardinal photos.........the parent did look frazzled...loved the final one where she is pointing her head downwards..........like it's DOWN there!

Well the nest is still empty.....it would be great if they can put the Cam on during the nest rebuilding.

Have a Wonderful Saturday, whatever you are all up to.

Is today HulaBird's garage sale? If so Good Luck with that Debi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Morning Peeps,

Well today is the big garage sale. Having a hard time getting my better half out of bed to help set up. What else is new?

Harpo, I am pretty much done with this year's nest as is our little family. But I too cannot wait for the remodelling to start. Anybody know when theat's likely to start? I'm thinking December or January. Hope we have the cameras on by then.

MaMiMoBaMom, sheesh I really missed you and am glad you're back. Your energy level delights and amazes me. One thing though, my parents live in Mercersburg :D

cdn-cdn, I love watching my backyard feeder, especially when the cardinals have their young there. The babies are so loud and insistant.

Eagle Duo, they were exceptional parents. I get misty sometimes when I think of them. Looking forward to see what next year brings.

Nancy, you need to get that one into the dictionary of cruzerisms if it isn't already there. Saw the pic of your nephew and cat. Cute kid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks Cumbrian,

I hope everbody here squeezes hard for a successful day since I'll be tithing to IWS after its over. Just think, If we make $5,000, that would put us over the top! Wishful thinking though. Even I don't have $5,000 worth of junk. Close but....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to all and happy Saturday.

H-Bird: I hope your garage sale is a great success. I'll be sending good thoughts your way all day that you make a good enough profit to offset the effort it takes to get a garage sale organized and set up.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Check with you later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
That's the amazing thing about this forum. I was thinking this morning, "Today is the day that Hulabird was going to have her garage sale." Here I am in Ontario thinking of someone in Hawaii who is having a garage sale! We are all connected in each other's thoughts on here. I love it!
EagleDuo: Yes, the cardinal babies do start to eat at the feeder on their own. The parents are always watching them from the tree and making their "chip" sound which is what they do to communicate that they are nearby (as opposed to when they are singing).
Hulabird: I really enjoyed "Part Deux". Thank you for posting it. I need to learn how to capture what is happening onscreen and make a video. Another group lesson I hope!
Offline Profile Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Happy happy Saturday!!! I've had a really busy week with work and helping a friend celebrate a birthday. Have scanned thru the posts every day, though, trying to keep up!!

Congratulations, Cumbrians!!!! I'll start cleaning my house now in anticipation of your someday visit....I would love for you to come and stay with us whenever that day comes. No need to pay bed tax at the Peppermint Inn!

cdn: I don't remember cardinals that color when I was growing up in the midwest. I've really enjoyed seeing different birds from other parts of the country/world than what we have here...I travel vicariously thru all of the photos of others.

Today is the first game of the season for my son...Cal Lutheran...so I'll be gone most of the day. The season kinda snuck up on me as in....oh NOOOO....now I remember...for the next two and half months I only have Sundays to get stuff done around here....YIKES!!

Hope y'all have a great day....hope Hulabird has a successful garage sale...I'm with whoever said they found it's more work than the rewards you get around here in this town.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you peppermint, glad to see you back..even for a short time .....Good Luck to your son on his first game this season.

With all the invitations we are receiving from you guys, it looks like we have to start planning for a longer trip than we may have first thought of, when we heard the news!

If you haven't already seen it..check out the Tributes thread...for the second part of Lunch with Dad.

HulaBird, Thank you so much for posting these two videos....hopefully you have more....Dad taught his/our girl well. Loved how she minded her manners..............No I won't say.....you all have to check it out. I will say that poor Dad near the end was in a quandry, much like any other parent, Human, Animal or Bird, To Help or Not to Help?...That was the Question. ( Apologies to Mr. William Shakespeare).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Madison99
Advanced Member
Hi Hulabird,

Good luck on your garage sale today.

Hi to everyone else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Something some folks may be interested in - the Saanich feed has been shut down, but the camera link currently has some old replay footage going of the Hornby nest. It's a bit sad looking at the Hornby female knowing that their efforts would be in vain. But it's also great seeing her again and seeing that wonderful view. For those who didn't see the Hornby nest, you can tune in at:

mms://array.galaxytelevision.net/hh001
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic