Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sunday, August 27, 2006; Observations, etc.
Topic Started: Aug 27 2006, 05:45 AM (1,842 Views)
harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning - boy I missed a lot yesterday!! Took forever to read 'em all but I persisted! Cam is up and really foggy - of course its very overcast and raining here in the east. Hope all have a great day - will check in later.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to the early birds, especially you, Harpo, the east-coaster!! :) I'm going back to check the late-night posts. I hope to see everyone here later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning everyone! Harpo, I love your avatar. Is that clipped from the picture I posted of the "future Big and Lil"? It was especially fitting when you were telling Darrell to get up and give us the announcement. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaMiMoBa Mom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning all! The nest looks almost too quiet and still today. I hardly can even see a leaf/branch moving. Maybe Cruz will make a quick "fly by" and show off her digs to her eagle pals? One can hope, right? :unsure:

I read that Danny Bonaduce (Bonadouche_ Hula) :lol: :lol: presented the video award. I'm just wondering if those who saw it could give us a brief overview of what was said? Did they show any clips from the video? Was Dr. Sharpe, David, etc...mentioned? Was anything mentioned about the first successful hatching on Santa Cruz? Thanks in advance...any information would be greatly appreciated.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sandie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:D Well, here I am back again! I haven't even read the past posts <_< I am amazed we still have the camera on the nest. What's up with that? I thought after school, for sure we'd lose the camera. Have Miss Cruz come back?
It has been a horendous week or so. I got some horrible virus/sinus infection/strep throat. Been taking pills and finally starting to feel better.
I am supposed to start back to school Monday. I am excited to go back. Just hope the old body supports this decision!
Been packing/unpacking for so long it seems like something is wrong to not be doing it! I still have dishes to clean and shelves to wipe down before using them. Got the pantry and refrigerator done and restocked. Shows how much "stuff" I have. Good Grief!!!
When I came back to my apt there was a BAT hanging from my bedroom window. It was dead and I called animal control. They came and took it away. There was also a couple of dead birds around the complex. Sure gave me the creeps to come back in after seeing that.
I did not know there is a seperate line you have to call for dead birds. It's the west nile virus line. Animal Control no longer handles those because of the virus. The things you learn!
Hope everyone is well and not too empty nesting it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Oh Sandie you poor thing. What a nightmare. We're planning on getting our house tented soon. I had no idea you had to go through all that. I might have to just let the termites win.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cumbrian, I just sent you a PM
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nancy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Well good morning all...Wow I thought I was up late :blink: but I guess I should have known Hulabird and Darrell would shut the forum down. Those party animals :D Glad to know that all is well and I hope you all have a good day. I will be in and out doing those blasted errands hopefully I will get my 3 mile walk in at some point. Enjoy all
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
9:15 AM PDT. Good Morning Everyone.

Just caught up with all the posts from yesterday..and today. Welcome back sandie, sorry you have been sick... and how horrible having to deal with the dead Bat and then the Birds....

Welcome back Woolf, hope you had a great vacation and thank you.

Well Bee looks like you are more of a poster now than a lurker...that's great...as has been said many times we love to get to know all the newbies. Have you been over to the Who are you/where from thread? I know you gave us quite a bit of your Bio last night, but it will get lost in the Daily News so if you would like to put it on there too that would be wonderful...thanks in advance.

Welcome too, to any other newbies who haven't been acknowledged yet here, there or anywhere-else on the forum. We would all love to get to know more about you all. So please post..just say "Hi".

Would also love to hear more about the rewards show....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning everybody!

Mesowest reports 67 degrees with 90% relative humidity at 9 a.m. on Santa Cruz Island. Another beautiful day, I think~~

I am losing track of the posts--am so far behind--I have to admit. This is why I don't comment much--because I haven't caught up in days. :(

I'm back to watching for more raptors and have found a great site with audio clips--which helps me to some degree. I'm trying to learn more on the side and it takes time, but worth it.

I read off a new site (to me) yesterday that an eagle can see a fish from as far off as one mile. Think I need to go back and start rereading information so that this time it will sink in. :lol:

Hope y'all have a great Sunday!
Offline Profile Goto Top

woolf2b
Advanced Member
No response to my quest for volunteer info on the channel islands. In particular with bird restoration. I know of a few opportunities on SRI but was wondering if there are any volunteer positions with the IWS. Once again it would be for the future, but planning is essential.
I will be contacting the IWS too. Thanks.

Thank you for the welcome back, Cumbrian.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
HulaBird, Have replied to your PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I don't know if they have any volunteer programs. I think it would probably be best to call IWS directly. Or better yet, post a question to Dr Sharpe on the "What are your questions" thread. I'd be interested to know.

Sandie, I forgot to say before that I hope you're feeling better. We missed you while you were gone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bixby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning to all....checking in a bit late, almost time to say good afternoon!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Mornin Bixby and everybody.

I just posted a new tutorial on how to do screen shot/videos. Its over on the Tech help thread under the What are your questions section.

Here's a quick link:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/index.php?

Offline Profile Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Nest Observations ~ June/August 2006 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic