Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Fyi - Photos Of Cruz
Topic Started: Oct 7 2006, 01:28 PM (4,287 Views)
ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I am passing on an email from Jim Spickler - in case folks want to see them again or missed them back in June and would like to see some wonderful shots of A49 and the nest.

Jim has put his photos of A49 that were taken on banding day back up on his Yahoo photo page link, at

Jim Spickler's A49 Photos

A couple of people had asked about these a while back, as I have one of them as my desktop background. Jim is going to keep these up until the end of the year on the site.

He has also added a panorama shot taken from the nest, so you can get a Cruz-eye view of the island.

Thanks very much Jim!
Offline Profile Goto Top

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Doesn't Cruz look so pathetic there with her new wingblings?? Not the majestic beauty she has become! Thanks for posting that link, Ostrich.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Those are fantastic! I remember a lot of them, but there did seem to be some I hadn't seen before. I also looked at his albums of Alaska bald eaglets and Wisconsin/Minnesota eaglets. So many great shots, it's overwhelming! Thanks, Jim, for sharing all of these albums with us, especially the Cruz pics!!!

Yes, Patti, she has changed so much since that day and matured into a regal beauty!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks Jim and Ostrich. Wonderful memories of that exciting day......up close and personal with our favourite girl.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hikers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
What were you doing on banding day??? I rememeber rushing home from an appointment and my husband thought I would never go back to work again. I think the way Chris sent them, we can order all kids of Cruz stuff. I use shutterfly and order cups, calenders and books, of my grandchildren.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hikers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Oh, It was Jim, not Chris
Offline Profile Goto Top

ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Is it just me or does the person in photo DSCN0436 in the Alaska eagle album look a lot like Dr. Sharpe? :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hulabird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks Ostrich. I downloaded them to my desktop
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Banding day is when I first saw Cruz. Didn't have any grandkids that day, so was surfing and found a link about the nest and followed it. Jim was in the nest waiting for Cruz to be returned. I was instantly mezmerized! :o I didn't move from my computer til it was over. I did take time to call Dave at work and tell him what was going on. Took several short clips of it to show him when he got home. One thing led to another and I found this forum and began reading it daily, as did Dave. Don't know why we waited til August to join. Probably reluctant because of all the bickering on the 'dark side'. But we did join and the rest, as they say, is history. :D

Not just you, Ostrich, Dave & I both agree it looks like Dr. Sharpe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Those Minn./Wisconsin chicks are feisty, aren't they??? :o
Offline Profile Goto Top

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Oh, yes.... there is only one Dr. Sharpe. His hat is as famous as the Indiana Jones hat!! What I enjoyed was the 2 little heads popping out of the bags 'enjoying' the breeze. :lol:

Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

kljinusa
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I signed up on the discussion board June 8th the day after banding day. I had done a bit of lurking beforehand on the discussion board, but I had been watching the nest since the Ventura Office of Ed sponsored cam came up.

I know a lot of people have watched multiple cams, like Saaitch.. But this was the only cam I was interested in as it's my National Park and the Channel Islands are very dear to my heart.

Thanks for posting the photos of that day, I was just thrilled on that day...

Karen
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nancy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Those photos are fantastic! You really see how big the nests are and the eaglets themselves are precious. That pinecone branch is very large. It always looks so flimsy in our camera view. Thanks for sharing that site with us.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ostrich2
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
peppermint,Oct 7 2006
02:52 PM
Doesn't Cruz look so pathetic there with her new wingblings?? Not the majestic beauty she has become!  Thanks for posting that link, Ostrich.

I wouldn't say pathetic! I think A49 looks beautiful in all those pictures. She's nearly full grown and although she still has a lot of learning to do to fly, she is still very regal.

DSC_3502 is my favorite.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

Thank you for the link, Ostrich. I had viewed them months ago, but not sure I saved the link...this time I will. Great photos.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cruz Photos & Videos · Next Topic »
Locked Topic