Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2007; Kayaks have arrived!!
Topic Started: Jan 16 2007, 05:35 AM (3,987 Views)
Hikers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning Cruzers,
Dr. Sharpes kayaks are packed up on his truck and ready to go eagle researching!!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...opic=654&st=480
Love the color sunrise..

Daily Extended Forecast for January 16, 2007 :tic:
Provided by Astrology.com
A question that has been burning a hole in your mind will ignite a mental fire today -- it's time to get an answer. So how should you go about getting your query addressed? Skip the sweet talk and don't beat around the bush -- go right to the source and ask what you want to know, point blank. This person will be momentarily shocked by your boldness, but will be secretly thrilled that you care. It's flattering to be the source of gossip.

Weather from across Cruzneyland :flk: :flk:
Current conditions as of 4:51 am PST
Fair
Feels Like: 49
Barometer: 30.22 in and falling
Humidity: 14%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 1
Wind: NNW 20 mph
Sunrise: 7:03 am
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

Good Morning, eagleholics!
Another brisk morning. A good day for bean soup and cornbread!

Drive safely and stay warm.....except for Hulabird & Ozzie; you two stay cool! So glad we got to meet both of you. I'm still in amazement of the bonds that are being made.....all because of one bird, Cruz!

Hurray for the First Family & especially Cruz! :><:

Naturegal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

Great pics from Dr. Sharpe, love the colour of the kayaks.

Tesoro mom just left nest and I missed the capture. Still can't decide if there is a chick as I have not seen any feeding going on or either parent bringing food to the nest. Perhaps my timing is bad.

Naturegal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Tesoro nest........................
Posted Image

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good morning, everybody! Well, K10 and K26 must be off on another holiday before they have to settle down. Can't blame them at all. Once the egg arrives it will be non-stop work for them.

Thank you for the picture of the Tesoro eagle, Naturegal.

OM has posted an update on the adult whooping cranes who are now in Florida. The whooping crane First Family has been seen in a residential area which has a lake in the centre of all the houses. The parents and chick have been seen at the back of the yards, nibbling away in flower beds and under bird feeders. It may sound neat but it is actually very dangerous for them because all three seem to be acclimatised to humans and their structures. I fear for them.

The kayaks are a great colour! Thanks for the link to Dr. Sharpe's pictures, OjaiHikers.

Posted Image

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning ....first chance to get on and say that Wray is at the WE nest ... then Dianna arrived and they have been very close to each other with no problems ... now Dianna has gone up top or flown off... Wray on her own at nest!

No one home at SC or TH ....

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I just took one picture.

Posted Image

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
good morning - I am just about awake! who knew that sitting at a hospital for hours on end could drain you so much! we are both tired! ANYWAY - the surgery seems to have gone well - my BIL will be there this morning - and of course my boss is having a cow that I was not in yesterday and that I had the nerve to think I needed to be at the hospital! Oh well - I've worked here 18 years. You'd think I'd be entitled to a little give and take! In my next life - I want to be the boss!

thanks for all the captures - I probably will be mostly lurking this AM at least so I can play catch up!

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sun just starting to hit the rocks below the nest .... gives them a golden glow.

Wray just suddenly spun around at 7:43AM and took off ..... no chance of a capture there! When they decide to go ..... THEY GO! :<<>>:

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Scrub Jay at SC nest ...front branch .... preening!

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm sorry - I didn't mean to mislead anyone on my last post of last night - everything is fine with my family, Kevin, Toot, and her family - what I was referring to is where I work in the Skilled Nursing Facility re crisis and sadness - the crisis came when one resident (male) hit a female resident in the face late yesterday afternoon - this person has hit others as well - the problem is all of the psychiatric hospitals in SB and Oxnard/Ventura have closed - the closest ones are 4-5 hours away and it is difficult to get anyone transported out of the area. Many people think if a person is given medications it will calm them but meds don't help with certain diagnosis - the sadness came because one of the four Brothers we took in from the SB Old Mission Infirmary died yesterday. Didn't mean to alarm anyone - these kind of things are a part of my everyday life at work - many of us become very attached to the residents and families and often attend the memorial services given for them.

I haven't read any of the other posts this am - will do so later but wanted to give this web site - it doesn't help IWS with getting money but there are some really unique gifts at this site - I bought my tall "eagle" travel cup at the Oregon Zoo & found this company puts their web site on the rubber on the bottom of the cup.
It's American Expeditions:
http://www.AmericanExpedition.US

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
WE nest ...Early Morning ....

Posted Image Posted Image
Wray is sitting on the nest when the Cam comes on ....................Starts to vocalise!
I really thought someone was coming here .................................False alarm!

Starts to move the sticks .................................................Not the couch again ...PLEASE!
Still moving sticks around .....................................Well looky here ......It's Dianna!

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Part :<<>>: :<<>>:

Look how close they are to each other ....................NO PROBLEMS TODAY!

..........................................................................I love the intensity in Dianna's eye here

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Part :<<>>: :<<>>: :<<>>:

Dianna has, since the last shot, gone Up Top! .............................. Stretching to see further!
After this shot ...Wray suddenly spun around and took off to the right .....The last capture is a 'Just Because' moment ..... the sun hitting the rocks .... they look beautiful!

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Great captures, Cumbrian! :<<>>: :><: :<<>>: Isn't it amazing how well the 'girls' can get along one day and not another? Maybe #01 had a talk with Dianna? :<<>>: :<<>>: Glad to see them cooperating today!

Will help out with captures and videos whenever I can, but will be in & out most of the day.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nest Observations · Next Topic »
Add Reply