Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Two Harbors Eagle's Nest 2008; Banding Day to Fledging!
Topic Started: May 27 2008, 01:01 AM (11,169 Views)
Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
As You know All Eagles All The Time 2007/2008 is an Archival/History in Videos and Still captures showing the various stages throughout the year in the lives of the Eagles on the Two Harbors Nest. on Catalina Island

We have followed them through the Nestorations and then onto the Eggs/Incubation stage. Next was the exciting stage of Hatching and Fostering their Chick and following his/her Early Development in Here a Chick! There a Chick! .... Now we have reached Banding Day .... where the eaglet will get her ‘wing blings’ .... and start on the journey to become a fledgling.

In this topic we will also cover Branching ... although there are no actual tree branches on this nest to branch to, there are rocks around the edge of the nest that the eagllet may use instead .... and the final stage of Fledging. This will be both a joyous and sad time for us all .... we will be sorry to see her leave the nest .... but we will wish K-83 God Speed and Safe Journeys when that time finally happens.

As you know all these Videos and Stills have been selected .. as their favourites .. by the members who have captured them on Nest Watch. You can see more videos and still pictures by visiting the Daily Observations thread. Also known as Nest Watch.

Again we ask that you not post comments in this thread Viewing Only Please. This will enable faster viewing by Dr. Peter Sharpe and the IWS Team ... for record purposes ... and also for Members and visitors to the forum.

We do however welcome comments, about any of the eagles, or the different stages, in the Daily Nest Watch or Chat threads. Thank You.

Capturers are asked to wait until Cumbrian or EDblue (Eagle Duo) posts the first thread of each day before oosting or reserving a space for your videos and/or captures of the day to keep continuity to the archives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
STAR (K-83)

Hatch Date ............. Wingbling Number ........ Fledge Date
April 2/08 ...................... K-83 ( F).............. ... June 21/08 @ 4:56p.m.

Unofficial Name: Star
Posted Image

^"^ Catalina Update: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 ^"^

Banding Day at TH Nest: Tuesday, May 27th, 2008
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
TODAY I GOT MY WINGBLINGS!

May 27, 2008

:<<>>: Videos by Cumbrian :<<>>:
Part 1: Banding at TH Nest - Removal of Eaglet/Star
Part 2: Banding at TH Nest - Return of Star/K-83

:<<>>: Video by Harpo516 :<<>>:
Star Meet Peter! TH Banding *

:<<>>: Video by Trish :<<>>:
Star Looking Dazed *

For complete details and captures of the day, go to: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...?showtopic=2615

* Photobucket video - do not edit post
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

May 27, 2008

Posted Image Posted Image
............................Peter Sharpe slowly approaches Star .. who has been sound asleep

.................................................................Gently folds in the wings

......................Ready to make the descent down to the rest of the team waiting below.

...........................................Posted Image
............................................................ Beautiful Star.

We think this is Jim Spickler ... the tree climbing guy ... at SC ... aka Foxglove.

...........................................Posted Image
......................................................................... Meet K-83
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

May 27, 2008

TH Banding - Star

We see the Stand By message which is a signal that they are working on cam so that means they are at the nest! Peter slowly comes into view as he makes his way to the TH nest and he slowly moves some sticks, sits just a the edge, moves more sticks, slides a bit further in - takes some photos of Star and the surrounding landscape! (probably those IWS folks) :)^

The whole time Star is sleeping - no clue as to who is knocking at the door - Peter very quietly and patiently makes his way to the side of the eaglet and reaches out - quickly pulling Star to his side, holding the talons so as not to get scratched, tucking the wings in gently, getting a better grasp and then slowly climbs out of the nest to the waiting IWS crew to begin the check up and blinging!

Peter makes a quick stop at the cam so we can all get a really nice close up shot of Peepers - I mean Star <3 and the nest is MT for a bit while the work commences and much to our surprise, it would appear that Jim is going to return Star to the nest! Every so gently he walks out with Star carefully tucked up, setting her/him down on the nest and talking, keeping his hand on Star's back until he is sure there will be no running/jumping!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trishrg
Unregistered

May 27, 2008

TH Banding - Star

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

May 27, 2008

Dr. Sharpe approaches Star slowly and calmly. He brings a crooked stick (on the left side on the rock) to hold behind Star in case the eaglet looks like it might jump away. Star, however, remains perfectly calm until the last moment. Maybe this eaglet remembers Dr. Sharpe from being in the IWS facility.

This looks like Jim Spickler who is gently placing Star back in the nest. He stays for a bit to make sure the eaglet is calm.

Such beautiful sparkly diamonds at the nest - our dancing Star really is a star! <3 ^"^ <3 :spotlight:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING USED TO THE WINGBLING!

May 28, 2008

:<<>>: Video by Trish :<<>>:
In Your Face *

For complete details and captures of the day, go to: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...?showtopic=2624

* Photobucket video - do not edit post
Offline Profile Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

May 28, 2008

Here's the drop and grab or grab and gone ----- you can see the adult's tail fading into the distance above Star behind the nest

and then you gotta work off that itty bitty lunch

Offline Profile Goto Top

scraps
Advanced Member

May 28, 2008

10:30am... sigh... what is this thing on my back?...

.......................................watching, waiting, resting...
....................................Posted Image

...after the brief visit by parent... Star tours the nest and settles back down in the fish-watching nook...

Offline Profile Goto Top

JudyB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

May 28, 2008

Star is eight weeks old today - and was taking it fairly easy most of the day.

The first two pictures show of her - or maybe his - new wing bling:

A bit of looking around and a stretch:

And the late afternoon light was quite amazing! I think supper arrived in the last picture:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trishrg
Unregistered

May 28, 2008

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
ROCK STAR!

May 29, 2008

Sorry, No Videos Today

For complete details and captures of the day, go to: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...?showtopic=2633
Offline Profile Goto Top

scraps
Advanced Member
ROCK STAR!

May 29, 2008

10:11am Star has a poop-shot, then winger-hops across the nest

K-83/Star hanging out waiting for fish deliveries...few and far between today...
........................................Posted Image

Plenty of wingercize entertainment today...

..................................................................Hmmm..nestover bits?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
><'> CATCH OF THE DAY! >>:

May 30, 2008

:<<>>: Videos by Cumbrian :<<>>:
Our Rock Star/K-83
Star wakes up from a nap!
Supper Time at the TH Nest

For complete details and captures of the day, go to: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...?showtopic=2642
Offline Profile Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Class of 2008 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic