Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LEMONWOOD EAGLETS FLEDGE PARTY; Celebrate Skye & Spirit with them!
Topic Started: Jul 9 2008, 06:24 AM (4,150 Views)
Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:```: :```: :```: FLEDGE PARTY TIME! :```: :```: :```:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ^"^ July 18th ^"^ ^"^ 1pm to 2:30pm ^"^
:soar: Open to All Cruzers! :soar: The More the Merrier! :soar:

We are in the process of planning a fledge party for the LEMONWOOD EAGLETS on July 18th and hope that lots of Cruzers can come to celebrate Spirit & Skye with them at their school in Oxnard. We had a great time last year with the Lemonwood Eagle Squad and look forward to meeting the members of the Lemonwood Eaglets! I've had the pleasure of talking to the class several times this year via teacherlady's cell phone and look forward to meeting all of them in person! If you're interested in coming, please contact me via e-mail and let me know so I can add you to the list.

To see pictures & videos from last year's fledge party, go
HERE!

Please Note: This is a school function, so there is an age restriction.

Those that are coming:

CarolAnn/Carol
Eagle Duo (Dave & Jann)
iggle/Kathie
Janna
Minacat/Mina
Sara Oh/Sara
Topa Topa Hikers/Cathy
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jkr55
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks, Jann.

You mentioned an age restriction. Could you elaborate on that?

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I don't remember the exact restrictions. We'll have to wait to hear from teacherlady for those. I just remember last year that Sheila & Roger couldn't come because their grandchildren were visiting and were too young to participate.

Lemonwood Eaglets
Advanced Member
We are excited :**: :**: :**: that so many people want to come to our Fledge Party. We are sorry, :'( but we can't have other children come to our class because of safety :rolleyes: and liability issues. We hope that all of you are still able to come so we can meet you. :Hugs: <3 <3 <3

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I think you have to be 18 or over. It's a school district policy.

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Jann - You can take the :X: off my name for the Fledge Party - I got the day off so I'll be there! Is there a posting somewhere else that explains exactly where we are meeting? Thanks...

jkr55
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm a definite negative. I'm not leaving my 14-year-old home alone all those hours. It's funny, because she passes all the time for a high school senior. :P

I hope everyone else has a grand time celebrating the fledging of our mini-Cruzers!

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm sorry to hear that, Janice. We'll miss you....but I do understand. Will you be able to come to the party that night for teacherlady's retirement? Looks like it's probably going to be at Joe's Crab Shack in Ventura.

Kathie, glad to hear you can make it. :><: Took off the crossed fingers next to your name!

We hadn't posted it yet, but I'm pretty sure we'll be meeting in front of the school about 12:45pm and go into the school together at 1pm like we did last year.

Lemonwood Elementary School
2200 Carnegie Ct
Oxnard, CA 93033
(805) 487-7583

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks, Jann :)^ - see you there! Dinner for Regan sounds good too - did I miss that posting somewhere too? Seems like I spend an awful lot of time trying to find things on the forum. :hair:

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
The 'Fledge Party' for teacherlady's retirement hasn't been posted yet cuz the plans are still being worked on. All we know for sure is that it's gonna be on July 18th.....probably at Joe's Crab Shack. If someone would like to head this up, I would really really appreciate it....preferably someone from (or near) the Ventura area. I have my hands full with my grandchildren here, but it's something we don't wanna miss! We've already made plans to stay overnight at Eagle Central (Country Inn & Suites of Ventura for those who don't know) so we can be there. We'll have Christopher & Leyla with us too for those that have expressed an interest in meeting them.

teacherlady
Advanced Member
I've talked to Jann, and have asked her to cancel the Retirement/Fledge party for me. I know how verrrrry busy everyone is, and do not want to add one more thing for her, or anyone else to do.

But, the Lemonwood Eaglet Fledge party is still on Friday afternoon. They are so excited. I think this rates right up there with Christmas. Can't wait for you and them to meet!

Larma16
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:}^ Wish I could make it that day but I have a Dr appointment in Pismo Beach. the other way... :'( Would love to see everyone again and meet the kids.

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Regan -

Too bad we can't send you off in style but at least we'll see you at the Fledge Party!

Kathie/iggle

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi Everyone,
We (Roger,DH, Austin, Sierra, and of course, me) just got in last night about midnight from our trip to pick up Austin and Sierra from Ft Leonard Wood, Mo - will put more info and pics in family photos later - all together we traveled 4616 miles in 8 days - crazy I know.
Am sorry to hear the fledge party at Joe's isn't going to happen July 18th - was all set to bring Sierra and Austin - they remember being there last year and meeting so many wonderful eagleholics - was hoping they could meet Jann and Dave's grandchildren as well - does anyone want to go there to eat anyway?
This is the 1st chance I could have to get on the computer as the kids have been using it - am looking forward to seeing pics from the Lemonwood Eaglets Fledge party for all who can attend.

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
SheilaSB - The Fledge Party is still on; it was Techerlady's retirement dinner at Joe's that got cancelled. See Jann's post at the top of this thread for details on the Fledge Party.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Classroom Connections · Next Topic »
Add Reply