Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Breaking News!; Summary for the biologists and others.
Topic Started: Jul 17 2008, 06:45 PM (23,741 Views)
Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
The 'Breaking News' thread was requested by Anibird/Annie ... to assist the biologists on a day that has a lot of pages in NW ... so they will know that something more unusual ... or different to the norm ... has occurred on the nests ... and will be able to come here to find out quickly what they need to know.

This is a Pinned and Closed thread that only the Mod Squad will post into. But it is not a Daily thread.

If and when something unusual occurs at any of the nests ... a moderator will post into this thread just the simple facts of what occurred ... but it will hopefully assist the biologists to get the gist of what happened on that particular day at whatever nest ... much faster than having to read through all the Nest Observation's pages.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
At 3:13pm today ... July 17/08 ... at the WE Nest another juvie eaglet landed and was constantly being chased off by an adult and the WE eaglets themselves.

Information starts at Page 19.

The eaglet was a Catalina bird with orange wing blings. It kept returning to the nest.

Here is the link to all the videos on the AEATT WE Nest: Banding Day to Fledging Thread ... that shows you all the action.

Stranger on the Nest - Another Juvie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
First Egg laid today, February 17/09, on the Two Harbors Nest by K-82.

Around 4:07pm ... Page 10.
Posted Image

First sight of the egg at 4:45pm ... Page 13.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Second egg at TH ... February 21st 2009 ... unsure when laid ... noticed by NW observers at 6:17am

Capture by cdn-cdn.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
1st Egg laid today, February 25, 2009, on the Pelican Harbor Nest by K26 at 2:22pm.

:<<>>: Video by EDblue :<<>>: Laying an Egg in the Wind
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
2nd egg laid today, February 28, 2009, on the Pelican Harbor nest by K26 at 5:31pm

:<<>>: Video by EDblue :<<>>: PH - K26 Lays Her 2nd Egg of 2009

Observations on NW begin here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...post&p=16181483
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
1st Egg laid today, February 28th, 2009 on the West End Nest by Wray ... around 5:29pm.

:<<>>: Video by Cumbrian :<<>>: First Egg at West End
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
No Confirmation of this ... as yet!

We suspect that a 2nd Egg was laid yesterday, March 3, 2009 on the West End Nest by Wray ... around 6:00pm - 6:01pm.

:<<>>: Video by Cumbrian :<<>>: Did Wray just deliver her 2nd Egg?

:<<>>: * Slideshow by MTL CDN :<<>>: WE Second Egg Laid?

Observations on NW ... with captures ... begin here http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...pic=3667&st=240

* Photobucket slideshow ... please do not edit post
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Red Letter Day ......

~ Historic day at Two Harbors ~ First Natural Hatchling ... spotted around 7:59am/8:00am

:^: Video by Paula eaglet momster :^: Two Harbors First Natural Hatch

:^: Video by Glo :^: TH historic hatch

:clk: First capture by Naturegal :clk:
Posted Image

:clk: First capture by cdn-cdn :clk:
Posted Image

Observations on NW re first sightings of the chick .. with captures ... begin here .... http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...opic=3760&st=45
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Another Red Letter Day .. for the TH Nest!

Second Natural Hatchling ... spotted at 7:00am today.

:^: Video byTrishRG :^: TH First look at 2nd chick

:clk: First capture by asparky :clk:
Posted Image

:clk: First capture by cdn-cdn :clk:
Posted Image

The oldest and strongest chick on the left, plus a bobbly weaker head on the right

Observations on NW re first sightings of the chick .. with captures ... begin here .... http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...opic=3772&st=15
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
First Chick at PH ... Spotted at 7:03pm tonight.

:^: Video by cdn-cdn :^: First view of the first PH chick *

:^: Video by EDblue :^: Welcome PH Chicklet

Comments & Observations on NW begin here at the end of Page 26: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...post&p=16181483

* Photobucket video ... do not edit post
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sad News .... the PH Nest has lost their chick.

It is uncertain how ... or when ... the chick died.

The observers in Nest Watch did not see the chick at all this morning ... and there were no feedings.

Then this afternoon observers saw ... what appeared to be ... the body being removed from the bowl and placed at the side.

The adults have continued to incubate the second egg that is still in the bowl.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
First Hatchling For The WE Nest!

Heard ... & possibly spotted ... around 1:21pm today.

:^: Video by Cumbrian :^: First Glimpse of WE Chick?

:^: Video by Lori :^: Dad & Chick

:clk: Capture by Cumbrian :clk:
Posted Image

:clk: Capture by Lori :clk:
Posted Image
Chick in front of K-01
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Unconfirmed ~ but the Second Egg at the PH nest MAY have hatched.

This was posted in NW this afternoon

Eagle Guy,Apr 7 2009
03:34 PM

Based upon their behavior today, I would guess that a chick hatched at the Pelican Harbor nest around 10:30 am. That is when the male finally settled back down into the nest bowl after about an hour of jumping around. I'd give the chick about 6-8 hours to start poking its head up for some food. Of course I can't be sure there is a chick until we see one. I'm taking a day off at home, but have had the cameras up all day.

West End also appears to have a chick hidden away, although I haven't seen it either.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
It's Official .... and Confirmed .... PH NEST Second Egg has Hatched!

:^: Video by Sierra :^: ZOOM!!

Whilst observations and commentary etc have been on-going all day ... start at Page 30 for actual sightings of the newest addition to the Pelican Harbor Family.

* Photobucket video ... please do not edit post
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nest Observations · Next Topic »
Locked Topic