Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Twin Rocks Eagle's Nest 2008/2009; Egg ... cellent Adventures!
Topic Started: Mar 7 2009, 12:33 AM (1,023 Views)
Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
As you know All Eagles All The Time 2008/2009 is an Archival/History in Videos and Still captures showing the various stages throughout the year in the lives of the Eagles on the Twin Rocks Nest on Catalina Island.

The eagles started their Nestorations in December 2008, when sticks were brought to the nest.

This camera is currently offline, but through the IWS Catalina Updates we have been kept informed re what is happening at this nest.

As Dr.Sharpe was unable to go to the mainland to fix the cam they were checking the nest from their only observation spot at Long Point and on February 24th, 2009 it was observed that K-17 was in the incubating position ... their first egg had been laid!

So here we are ... onto the next important stage ... Eggs and Incubation.

Once the camera is back online ... any Videos and Stills posted on this thread .. will have been selected .. as their favourites ... by the members who have captured them on Nest Watch.
You can see more videos, and still pictures, by visiting the Daily Observations thread. Also known as Nest Watch

Again we ask you not to post comments in this thread. VIEWING ONLY PLEASE! This will enable faster viewing by Dr. Peter Sharpe and the IWS Team ... for record purposes .... and also for members and visitors to the forum.

Capturers are asked to wait until Cumbrian or EDblue (Eagle Duo) posts the first thread of each day before oosting or reserving a space for your videos and/or captures of the day to keep continuity to the archives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
CONGRATULATIONS K-33 & K-17 ~ 1st EGG

:clk: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 :clk:

Eagle Guy: We have not been able to go to the mainland to fix the Twin Rocks (TR) camera so we have been checking the nest from our only observation spot at Long Point. Yesterday, the female was in incubating posture, so it appears they have their first egg. I don't think we will be able to see the egg(s) from the camera vantage point, but I'll check that out when I can.

...............................................Posted Image
............................................................. TR Nest

(Picture courtesy of Dr. Sharpe )

(Click on thumbnail to see full size)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
MARCH UPDATES RE K-33 & K-17

:clk: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 :clk:

Dr. Sharpe/Pete: I've had a busy week chasing the eagles around and trying to find nests. As of the last update, only Two Harbors and Twin Rocks had laid eggs.

The TR birds were still incubating an unknown number of eggs as of yesterday.

:clk: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 :clk:

Steff: I have checked Twin Rocks (TR) a few times this week always finding one of the adults sitting on the nest. We will not know how many eggs they have until we fix the camera equipment on the mainland; even then we might no be able to tell since we do not really have a complete view of the nest.

Posted Image
Adult incubating last Saturday.

:clk: Thursday, March 19, 2009 :clk:

Steff: I have checked Twin Rocks (TR) nest a couple of times this week and they seem to be doing ok. I always find an adult incubating there so they must have at least one egg.

:clk: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 :clk:

Steff: Twin Rocks still has/have their egg/eggs.
Pete went to check on the TR cam this week, unfortunately, it looks like we may have to replace a lot of the equipment before it goes back on-line.
The Long Point observation spot is the best view we have right now.

.........Posted Image
Nest from the Long Point observation site

[Any pictures courtesy of Dr. Sharpe, Steffani and/or the IWS crew)
(Click on thumbnails to see full size)

For complete update, pictures and videos, click on the dates
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
APRIL UPDATES RE K-33 & K-17

:clk: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 :clk:

Steff:The Twin Rocks (TR) egg/s is/are due for hatching this week. I have been checking them every other day but nothing yet. Itís too bad we have such a limited view of that nest.
Hereís a picture I took yesterday where one of the adults is incubating at the nest and the other one is roosting right below.

Posted Image

[Any pictures courtesy of Dr. Sharpe, Steffani and/or the IWS crew)
(Click on thumbnails to see full size)

For complete update, pictures and videos, click on the dates

Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Class of 2009 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic