Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Pelican Harbor Eagle's Nest 2008/2009; Here a Chick/There a Chick! Chicks Lost!
Topic Started: Apr 3 2009, 06:36 PM (6,074 Views)
Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
As you know All Eagles All The Time 2008/2009 is an Archival/History in Videos and Still captures showing the various stages throughout the year in the lives of the Eagles on the Pelican Harbor Nest on Santa Cruz Island.

We have followed them through the Nestorations and then onto the Eggs/Incubation stage and now we have finally reached the most exciting stage the Hatching of the Chicks and their Early Development...... so this is where we will put the Chicks and their Development stages ... because that leads us into eaglets and fledglings.

As you know all these Videos and Stills have been selected .. as their favourites ... by the members who have captured them on Nest Watch.
You can see more videos and still pictures by visiting the Daily Observations thread. Also known as Nest Watch.

Again we ask you not to post comments in this thread Viewing Only Please. This will enable faster viewing by Dr. Peter Sharpe and the IWS Team ... for record purposes ... and also for Members and visitors to the forum.

We do however welcome comments, about any of the eagles, or the different stages, in the Daily Nest Watch or Chat threads. Thank You.

Capturers are asked to wait until Cumbrian or EDblue (Eagle Duo) posts the first thread of each day before posting or reserving a space for your videos and/or captures of the day to keep continuity to the archives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
HAPPY HATCHDAY - CHICK #1

April 3, 2009

:<<>>: Video by cdn-cdn :<<>>:
My First View of the Chick *

:<<>>: Videos by EDblue :<<>>:
Is This Our Chicklet's Peeps?
Welcome PH Chicklet!

:<<>>: Videos by Patti :<<>>:
We Have A Chick!
We Have A Chick! *

For complete details and captures of the day, go to: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...topic=3794&st=0

* Photobucket video - do not edit post
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

April 3, 2009

K10 arrives at 7:02pm for a switch, giving us our only view of the chicklet today.
Posted Image Posted Image

Compare just under the dark stick sticking up in the middle between these 2 captures
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

April 3, 2009

....................K-10 arrives to Switch with K-26 ... Boy! Does she have a surprise for him!

...........Hello! ............................................................................. I'M A DAD AGAIN!

.......................................................................................... Hey little fella! I'm your Dad!

......................... Congratulations K-10 and K-26 ~ Welcome Chick #1
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lori
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

April 3, 2009

:```: The newest addition to K10 & K26's family. :```:
... Chick #1 hatches April 3, 2009 ...:^:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

April 3, 2009

This is the only screen cap of the many that I took where the chick is sort-of visible. Under K-10's beak is a wide stick that is pointing to 2:00. In the angle of the stick is the chick's head. It is not there in my other screen caps, that's how I know it is the chick since I did see it bobbing up and down in real time. This screen cap is from 7:02:50 pm.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

pamwillie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

April 3, 2009

PH - 7:10 - 7:13 -
7:10 - 26 on nest -
Posted Image
7:11 - 10 arrives...
Posted Image
7:12 -
Posted Image
7:13 - 10 flies off and mom settles back over nest
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

:<<>>: Videos by EDblue :<<>>:
PH Dad Brings a Fish
Peed-a-Boo Chicklet
PH - K26 Returns to the Nest

:<<>>: Videos by Harpo :<<>>:
K26 feeding Chicklet *
More of K26 feeding Chicklet *

:<<>>: Slideshow by MTL CDN :<<>>:
Chick Tumbles Mom Rescues *

:<<>>: Video by Naturegal :<<>>:
PH - Mom Preens & Stretches & Bobble Wobbles *

:<<>>: Videos by Patti :<<>>:
K-26 & Chick -- Day Two ~ 8:25 a.m.
K-26 Takes a Break to Call Somebody
Switching Places at 12:35 - strong little eaglet watches
Looks Like Feeding Time~K10 With Fish at 12:55pm
Attempting to Feed Fish at 4:58pm ~ Mom Keeps Trying
Try, Try Again***K-26 attempts to feed at 5:35pm

For complete details and captures of the day, go to: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/i...?showtopic=3800

* Photobucket video - do not edit post
Offline Profile Goto Top

cdn-cdn
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

Parent switch K-26 was back from her break very quickly, at 6:42 am. She even did a leap-frog over K-10 to get to the other side. K-26 moved a stick around and when that didn't work she just got her beak up very close to the nest bowl. K-10 gave in and got up from incubating. He sure didn't have much of a turn.

Posted Image

K-10 brought in a fish >>: for K-26, what a good dad. 6:56 am He did a jump over mom to get to the other side. Littlest eaglet pops up its head, last two pictures. <3 :^: <3

Posted Image Posted Image Welcome to the world, little one! :^: <3

Feeding at 4:27 pm. First K-26 pulled off a piece of the fish in front of the nest bowl. Next she seemed to soften it in her beak. I thought she was eating it herself, but then she started to feed the eaglet without returning to get more fish, so she must have kept the fish in her beak and just chewed it up a bit so that the eaglet could eat it. The eaglet was reaching well and was holding its head steady to receive the food.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChickieBaby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

Little one is seen bobbing around - 9:51-9:55am
Posted Image
10:27am - Hi, Mom!
Posted Image

Eaglet, egg, and the 12:35pm parent switch
Posted Image
3:25pm - Eaglet supervises as K-10 tends to the bowl
Posted Image

A backwards feeding at 5:36-5:38pm
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
At 6:08pm, they tried it again the simple way:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

Dad gets to know his new chicklet............................... Checks on the other egg

Switch to K-26

....................Mom encouraging the new chick to eat ... but it may not be ready yet.

...................................It may also be the angle that Mom is trying from too!

......Good Night K-26 ... new :^: and egg ..... Maybe there will be a new hatchling tomorrow. :X:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

K10 brings a fish to the nest shortly before 7am

Holding the fish up to show K26

Bringing the fish to the front of the nest

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lori
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

Here I am!! ...............................................................................................testing the chick?

"Hi Dad!"

Mom patiently tries to feed the wee one but doesn't seem to be having much success.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Naturegal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

PH-K-26 returns at 6:40. It's not that I don't trust you dear, I just want to check on our new chicklet ^"^

Mom's attempt at feeding little one. I think the chicklet did get some food even though it fell
backwards and then forwards. Chick did peep :<:: . K-26 is really a good Mom :wub:

Offline Profile Goto Top

pamwillie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!

April 4, 2009

1:27 - dad and chick -

3:43 - 10 on nest - big smile - egg intact...
Posted Image

5:36 - mom, the chick and the egg ............................................ 5:37 -

6:09 -mom feeding her chick - second egg is still intact ........................................ 6:10 -

6:13 -...................................................................................... 6:42 - mom, chick & egg <3 <3 <3

7 pm - 26 - bedtime story...
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Class of 2009 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic