Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nest Watch Monday, October 12, 2009; Even TH eagles need a day off now & then
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 11:00 PM (1,744 Views)
Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
PLEASE READ

The fledglings have started to explore .. away from their nests .. so Season 2008/2009 is over.

The adults will soon return to their nests and start bringing in lots of sticks/fluff for nestorations and a new Season .. 2009/2010 .. will begin.

The Nest Observations/Nest Watch thread remains open ... as long as there are cameras .. which are operational .. to watch.

Remember you can still post about anything that you see happening on the nests ... but here are just a few Gentle Reminders about posting on this thread. ( Helps to save time when reading through it).

It is the CHANNEL ISLANDS NESTS ONLY ... either on or off camera ... that we post our observations/comments about.

It is important to know the NEST you are observing ... so please put the Initials at the start of your post ...

. . .PH = Pelican Harbor
. . .TH = Two Harbors
. . .WE = West End

These nests are all in California ... so it's PDT ... on this coast.

We prefer that the Quote Button is not used on this thread ... and if you must use it ... because you are referring to something on a previous page ... then take TEXT only ... never captures or video.

Thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pelagicbirder
Advanced Member
PH 7:08am
MT nest

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
PH--just put up cam and empty nest.

(don't know what I could have missed)

jessica
Advanced Member
Good morning John,

Yes, there is an MT nest at PH, but at least we are not hearing sounds of hikers, boaters, gunshots, etc! However, it is a holiday weekend, and there may still be activity out there later today. Here's the good weather news: We will get our first rain of the season today! Will also rain tomorrow. Thank you for wathching, I will be gone at work most of the day.

Jess

jessica
Advanced Member
Good morning Patti,

All you missed this morning were beautiful small bird songs - I have been watching since dawn.

Looking forward to rain for us!

Jess

jessica
Advanced Member
On the PH nest that is, as it is the only one I watch for now.

Jess

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
PH--I think I heard an eagle calling in the distance...right after hearing what sounded like gulls calling, but may not have been gulls. 8:03 a.m.

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi Jess, I have a long appt this afternoon and will have other things to do soon, too. :(

jessica
Advanced Member
I hear those distant calls as well - sounds like gulls, but ?

Jess

jessica
Advanced Member
Gotta go NOW!!

Bye, have a wonderful day>>>

Jess

ChickieBaby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
11:25am - Overcast, empty nests at PH, TH and WE.

11:06am at TH - Little birdie flitted through and landed briefly--perched on a stick at right:
Posted Image

Earlier--9:55-9:57am at WE--mysterious, sort-of puffy bird(?) spent a few moments on the rock, then disappeared over the front.
Posted Image Posted Image

Ed.: WE cam went bad while I was posting--Wildearth link says " broadcast no longer exists", and the slo-mo is showing the correct date, but not refreshing...

ChickieBaby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
WE - Slo-mo cam is refreshing now.

brianor
Advanced Member
11:55 All cams working, all nests empty

JoJo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
PH 1.16
Looks like things might be getting a little wet here. ??

ChickieBaby
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
TH - Bird trilling close to the mike.

Ed.: I think it's on Mom's rock...

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nest Observations · Next Topic »
Add Reply