Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2010 Cruzer Plans For CA Travel-IWS Tours; Helping Cruzers Meet Up in 2010!
Topic Started: Jan 29 2010, 07:16 AM (4,952 Views)
harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yes - spring is not all that far away! I'm slowly putting together my thoughts for my CA visit! SO I felt it would be good to open a 2010 topic where folks can share their plans as they formulate them AND share info.

Maybe this will help Cruzers sort out dates, make a few plans, have a few dinners and visits!

As always, we're looking forward to our visit with fellow Cruzers and our tour - yes it's not our first tour but each and every time we see so many new things, share different experiences and meet even more Cruzers (and get to see a bit of CA along the way)

So let's get started .......
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
OK - so very early plans are looking like we'll be in CA the week of 5/17

We're thinking about maybe a sacred door dinner on Sat 5/15 - if folks are interested - maybe we can make that happen.

Then we'd like to pop up to Ventura/Ojai/Santa Barbara area the end of that week - maybe a picnic? dinner at SB like last year ?

Open to any suggestions - thoughts - etc.

Now here's the deal:

ES will be with me the first weekend but has to return home to work :(

BUT I will have a special travel partner with me - Carole/Naturegal! :**: :**:

We're also hoping to meet up with ER and her DD as well as Michele while we're in CA since they'll be in the area the same week :88: (a couple more Cruzers that I've not yet met!)

So any thoughts as to possible brunch/dinner/picnic/have a drink together things - would be great and would help us firm final plans.

I'm so excited ..... :soar: :soar:

chiquita
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hey Deb...Ah, a photo of Avalon over on the Forum...how did you know my thoughts are already in Avalon mode. DH and I were just discussing our spring trip to Avalon last night and here today you say you are thinking about mid May. Although, we have made no reservations that is the time frame we are looking at. Guess you remember last year when we had it all set up and then DH had a medical problem and we had to cancel. Hope there are no suprises this year and we get to the island.

Chiquita

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
yes I remember........ :X: this year's the year :P

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
harpo516,Jan 29 2010
08:57 AM
yes I remember........  :X:   this year's the year  :P

I'd love to try to make one or more of the gatherings Deb! In Santa Barbara, we could probably get the room on the side at Cody's. We use this one for our dinners every other Friday for our Model A club. This way we wouldn't have to be in the main restaurant! And we can get separate bills for each person or couple there. Just an idea! ( cody's cafe)

My tour is scheduled for April 24th. I'm looking forward to it! :D Bringing a friend who is a pilot & his girlfriend. They love eagles so I'm hoping to get them hooked into IWS! :D

Sorry .. had to remove the commercial link.

silveregal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:}^ Due to my spring break here I have to go in March so going to stay in the Long Beach area this year, 12th - 15th then to Catalina on afternoon of 15th my tour is on the 16th back to long beach on the 19th fly home 20th.
Hope to meet up with any eagle lovers in the area. :)^ <:::

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
hey barb can you talk to them for '11 and advise that spring break should be more in the "spring" to help us get to visit again..... :<:: enjoy the eagles (and an extra hug to Pimu) <3

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
talked to carole this AM and things are starting to come together - we may have one more big surprise to announce toooooooo but working out details! :<::

Can't wait to see some cruzers and eagles - CA here we come! :88: :88: :88: :88:

Vynah Bird
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:}^ We still have a trip to Catalina we won year before last! Don't know if we're going to make it this year either, but we definitely want to be notified of any get-togethers of Cruzers in Orange County and Santa Barbara/Ventura/Ojai. <:::

silveregal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
harpo516,Jan 29 2010
07:18 PM
hey barb can you talk to them for '11 and advise that spring break should be more in the "spring" to help us get to visit again..... :<:: enjoy the eagles (and an extra hug to Pimu) <3

I hear ya Deb. :D

Michele
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi Deb....I'm getting totally excited about the trip to Catalina. Our tour is scheduled for May 18th.....and I'm hoping that we can connect many times while in Catalina....can't wait!!!

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
me too michele :><:

you know barb - when ES heads to NM next year (yes for another hike) maybe I'll have to come the first few days and have a visit with ya :<::

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
real rough plans ---
get to CA on 5/14 site see
maybe cruzer dinner at sacred door a 5/15 ??
off to Catalina 5/16
tour 5/17
see michele er 5/18
back to mainland 5/19
up to ventura/ojai/santa barbara area - cruzer dinner on that fri?
fly home sat

all very rought plans right now - still working out details and will let all know updated thoughts as we progress......

we are so excited to be making another CA visit to catch up with friends - see folks we have not yet had an opportunity to meet and just have fun - oh yeah - and eagles - lots of eagles

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi, Guys. Starting to make our plans, too. Booked a room at the Portofino for DD and myself. Leaving LB on 10 am ferry on the 17th. That should give us plenty of time to meet up with Harpo, Carole and anyone else who can make it! As Michele has already noted, our tour is on the 18th and we're taking Ferry back on the 20th. Should be able to hit some of the shops we missed last time!! We'll be happy to piggyback on any of Harpo's get-together plans. Just say where and when and send complete addresses for MapQuest.
Hmmmmm, we won't have a printer so if I can get those plans, address, etc emailed to me, I can then print them out here.
We will have to be back at LAX hotel by Sat. evening as we have an early flight on Sun.
Well, that's as clear as mud to me, but it covers the ground! :}^

silveregal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
harpo516,Jan 31 2010
07:23 AM
me too michele :><:

you know barb - when ES heads to NM next year (yes for another hike) maybe I'll have to come the first few days and have a visit with ya :<::

:)^ :lol: :><: :Hugs: :**:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · A-49 Cruzers' Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply