Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Santa Barbara Zoo - Dinner; Friday May 21 - Anyone Interested
Topic Started: Apr 6 2010, 12:33 PM (7,458 Views)
harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
As I stated before, Carole/Jeanne and I are planning to be in the Ojai/SB area the end of our week in CA.

We'd love to meet up with folks and visit the SB zoo during the day maybe on Fri 5/21 and maybe do another dinner like last year! That was such great fun and great chance to see everyone!

We'll be at Eagle Central but can get to where we need to be with some guidance :)

Thoughts?

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
And if anyone wants a tour of the Jean-Michel Costeau office in town I'll need to know. Best if it's during working hours I believe.

I'm up for dinner somewhere. Cody's? I can reserve the room if it's available, but of course, everyone else would want to go there. :P

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm all over the Zoo on Friday.... along with a picnic that can be figured out later..

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm up for the zoo trip for Friday, May 21st for sure. Do we have a picnic at Casitas scheduled? Or Boccali's? I don't want to miss anything - or anyone who is in the area that weekend!

The Cousteau tour sounds interesting too Jill. Tell us more about it...

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
So can we do Jill's tour and zoo on same day?
I liked the place we went to last year for dinner - on the water - upstairs! (can't remember name hmmm) Endless Summer - was that it?

Boccali's - is that where we went in Ojai area? I liked that too - we could do that on Thurs if folks are available???

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
harpo516,Apr 6 2010
05:48 PM
So can we do Jill's tour and zoo on same day?

I guess it depends on if you can fit in a short tour. I should ask Sandra if it'll take a half hour or ? And if any time of day will work! :D

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I just go an EM that the two new Masai giraffes Betty Lou and Audrey are coming out of quarentine on April 15th - they are having a special event for volunteers - too bad it's a work day for me - just maybe I need to take some time off - this doesn't happen everyday.

I'm game for Endless Summer again too and Boccali's as well - we had a great time - Boccali's has such a beautiful outdoors setting and I just loooovvve eating near the ocean anytime - coming from the Midwest, but having been here in SB longer than I lived in the Midwest still can't get enough of dining near the ocean.

Maybe both Jills offer and the zoo can be covered the same day - zoo now has some adorable 4 month old Capybara's and now 2 new giraffes and lots more.

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sheila, I think the out of towners would like to eat near the water with the views too.. maybe we can do it earlier this year as we will already be in SB from early on in the day...
I could take some to see the SB Mission too... thats a must see.....and great views of town...

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sheila, so happy we have new giraffes!!!!! and Bald Eagle and Island Fox :)^

bette
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm up for anything in SB that is decided upon.
I preplanned, and already have the day off at both jobs.
I'm just another eager eagleholic Cruzer. :lol:

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
This is the response I got from Sandra at Jean-Michel Cousteau's office today-
"No time is really better than another, so maybe we can talk the day before and
if you know when you'd like to come by we can schedule, otherwise you could
probably just come by.
Tour might be a half hour since I'll probably introduce them to the
staff/team but it is just an office with some cool artifacts and equipment,
so...
How many people do you think will want to come?"

So right now I know Bette & Deb are interested. So as others let me know I'll put you on the list.

Does anyone know what time you plan to hit town here on May 21st?

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
bette,Apr 7 2010
10:36 PM
I'm up for anything in SB that is decided upon.
I preplanned, and already have the day off at both jobs.
I'm just another eager eagleholic Cruzer.  :lol:

That's me too! :D

Jill - I'd be interested in the Cousteau office tour. Sounds interesting and it won't take long, leaving lots of time to admire the critters at the zoo. I'm dying to see the Capybaras!!!

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
well if deb is interested so is Jeanne and carole - we're all in the same car :)

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
harpo516,Apr 9 2010
05:52 PM
well if deb is interested so is Jeanne and carole - we're all in the same car :)

So that's 5 so far for the Jean-Michel Costeau office tour-
Bette, Deb, Carole, Jeanne & Kathie! :D

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
So I'd think maybe:

Jill tour in the AM

then off to the zoo - lunch at zoo
(how long spend at zoo - maybe a little time for Carole/Jeanne to have a look around SB before we do dinner?)

dinner at that place we ate at last year??

Boy it's 4/15 already - we'll be in CA before you know it!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · A-49 Cruzers' Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply