Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Welcome MTL CDN/June & DD to Ventura; April 23, 2010
Topic Started: Apr 14 2010, 02:20 PM (2,242 Views)
Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
June (MTL CDN) is coming to California for her IWS tour with her DD, Vicky. She's hoping to meet as many Cruzers as possible. To help make that happen, we are bringing her up to the Ventura area on April 23rd. We'll be staying at Eagle Central (aka Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ventura).

Now we need to know who would be able to get together with them either in the afternoon or the evening. Please let us know here if you'll be able to attend during the day or evening or both. Thanks!

More details to come.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
The 23rd is a workday for me, but I might be able to make an evening meet somewhere after 6:30 or so. I've not met June or Vicky and would love to...

jojoflys
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
So sorry - I won't be able to meet June & Vicky. :(

I hope your tour & visit are spectacular!

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'lll be there Friday sometime to see you guys and then dinner ??? The Crab Shack or Aloha Steak House are nearby.. Crab Shack more reasonable.... but we can visit at Eagle Central for awhile... or you could run into Ojai for a few hours and then to Eagle Central... ?? So little time... If they want to see the Lake, I have a pass on my car and can seat 7... could at least show them the 10 heron nests and maybe get lucky with an eagle... I'm free after 1:00...

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
JoJoFlys, so sorry you won't get to meet June & Vicky. I will miss seeing you & your beautiful smile too!

Linda, a trip to the lake to see the heron's nests sounds wonderful.....especially with the possible hope of seeing the eagle! :X: We plan on taking a leisurely drive up the coast, so 1pm sounds perfect!

I'll talk to June about her preference for dinner and post it here. Can we make reservations at either of those places or is it first come first serve basis? I'd suggest setting the time for 7 or 7:30 to give working Cruzers & those from Santa Barbara time to get there. :X: It will also give us time to enjoy the manager's reception at Eagle Central before dinner. :D

Kathie, hope the dinner plans work for you. I know they'd love to meet you too! :X:

edit: After talking with June, we have decided on the Aloha Steakhouse in Ventura, 364 S California Street.

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Maybe...would sure like to meet June. I can't make plans very far in advance at the moment so will have to see. AND...I have jury duty next week starting on Monday!

teacherlady
Advanced Member
I'd love to meet June and Vicky. I'm available that afternoon or evening! Instead of Eagle Central, I think we need to call it "Party Central."

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Aloha Steakhouse sounds good for DH (Roger) and I - although I haven't told him yet - I also saw on the chat forum or somewhere (trying to keep up with so many) interest is being expressed in visiting the Ojai Raptor Rescue Center - just another idea. Don't know if there would be enough time for both Lake Casitas and the Center. Looking forward to meeting June and Vicky - I have not met either one yet. Thanks Jann & Dave for bringing them up closer to us, but then again I believe the two of you are ready for any excuse for a Cruzer gettogether. rofl rofl rofl :><: :><: :><:

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Awwwww....thanks, Sheila! :) Glad to hear you & Roger will be at the Aloha Steakhouse! :><:

I never even thought about the Ojai Raptor Center! That is a super idea too! :)^ We're not doing a potluck at the lake this time, so there might be time to do both....depending on what is involved in seeing the heron nests at the lake. What do you think, Linda? Would we be too crazy to try to do both?

Regan, I'm so glad you're gonna be there! Always happy to see you! :><:

Peppermint, I know your very busy right now, but I hope you'll be able to make it to at least one of the things. :X:

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Here's an update of the plans for the 23rd:

1:30pm - Meet at the gate of Lake Casitas for a guided tour by Ojailala to see the 5 heron nests with hopes of a sighting of the new local bald eagle(s). :X:

??? - Possibly a tour of the Ojai Raptor Center

7:30pm - Dinner at Aloha Steakhouse in Ventura, 364 S California Street.

Confirmed:
Bea (Dinner)
Dave/Tiger/MIB
Dory (Dinner)
Helen (Dinner)
Jann/EDblue
June/MTL CDN
Kathie/iggle (Dinner)
Linda/Ojailala
Regan/Teacherlady
Sheila & Roger (Dinner)
Vicky/June's DD

Maybe:
Cathy/Topa Topa Hikers (Lake Casitas)
Minacat/Mina (Dinner)

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Put me on the list for the Aloha dinner - one of my favorite restaurants! I appreciate the later timeframe & hope everybody else doesn't starve before then. Wish I could take the day off and do the Lake adventure too but my co-workers are already :wacko: at all the 'eagle stuff' I do! :rolleyes: :D

Can't wait to meet June & Vicki and to catch up with some other Cruzer buddies too!

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Eagle Duo,Apr 17 2010
07:51 AM
Awwwww....thanks, Sheila! :)  Glad to hear you & Roger will be at the Aloha Steakhouse!  :><:

I never even thought about the Ojai Raptor Center!  That is a super idea too!  :)^  We're not doing a potluck at the lake this time, so there might be time to do both....depending on what is involved in seeing the heron nests at the lake.  What do you think, Linda?  Would we be too crazy to try to do both?

Regan, I'm so glad you're gonna be there!  Always happy to see you! :><:

Peppermint, I know your very busy right now, but I hope you'll be able to make it to at least one of the things.  :X:

This is the story on the Ojai Raptor faciity... the new one, where I have been working, and the one that will be great for visiting... has NO BIRDS yet... 5 flight cages in various stages of readiness... only the rat house is running full steam ahead... and the dove and pigeon cages...the birds of prey are at Kim's home here in Oak View.. very small and not too visitor friendly... Kim has a full time job and not at home during the day... she feeds birds before and after work... in another month or two we can include this as a stop for visitors as it is beautiful.... I could at least show you the new grounds and a distant hawk nest...

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sadly, I will not be able to attend any of the Ojai/Ventura events. After 7 weeks in hospital and rehab facility for pneumonia, Richard's 90 yr old mother is being released to come home on Friday. Although she's doing extremely well...finally....I don't feel I can abandon them her first day/night back home. I KNOW you'll all have a great time and I'll catch you the next time around!

helen b.
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Plan on me being at the Aloha Steakhouse. Anyone need a ride, or can I hitch a ride with anyone?

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Excited about seeing the heron nests... one tree has ten nests at least and another has one... those are in the main parking lot... if we are allowed to drive in further we can see another stand of trees with another 5 plus nests.... I know there are babies because Summer and I found a half of a blue shell on the grass under one nest.... so they will be busy feeding.... they close a back gate when it has been raining as many people get stuck in the mud... but it might be open tomorrow...

Edit: This is a few hours later and I can see with binnoculars that cars are allowed through the gate now..... best place for eagle spotting.... :)^

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · A-49 Cruzers' Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply