Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CRUZERS MTL CDN/June and DD Vicky come to So.Cal!; Welcome Dinner Sun, April 18@Sacred Door
Topic Started: Apr 15 2010, 08:19 AM (1,112 Views)
Joanie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
<::: Good Morning, Peeps!

Don't know if there is anyone here that is within striking distance of the 'Sacred Door', but Cruzers June (MTL CDN) and her DD, Vicky, are arriving in So.Cal. from Canada this coming Sunday, April 18 (heading to Catalina Tuesday for a Wednesday IWS Tour) - yes, it's short notice, but we want to Welcome them (June's 2nd visit, Vicky's 1st) 'in style' - Cruzers will be gathering at the Sacred Door at 5:15ish for :clk: 'Photo Ops' and then adjourn to the iconic Harbor House directly across Pacific Coast Hwy for :v8v: dinner and :clink: revelry :```: !
I sent out a few emails yesterday to some Cruzers that live locally (and for whom I have direct email addys) and there has been a great response .... can you join us?

Would love to see you! Please RSVP right here!

Guest List:
1) MTL CDN/ June
2) Vicky (June's DD)
3) Joanie
4) Manu/Scott
5) margiew/Margie
6) minacat/Mina
7) eagleaddict/Vera
8) Kenny (Vera's DH)
9) julesbrickell/ Julie
10) Eaglelurker/Brad
11) momkat523/Sharon
12) EagleDuo/Jann
13) MIB/Dave

(Also, don't forget the 4th Annual 'Egg Roll' on May 15th ... click on the 'Egg Roll' thread right here in this Cruzer Events Section for all the 'scoop' and the growing list of attendees so far ... up to 29 already with a month to go!! )
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jojoflys
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I am fully booked on April (mostly w**k related) - I can't get to any Cruzer events! :'(

Sending everyone :Hugs: - please take lots of :clk:

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I can't go very far away from SB area at the moment.

Joanie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
<::: Breaking news! <:::
The Welcome to SoCal Party for June and Vicky is still on for tonight as planned (see above)!

The guest list has changed slightly .... Vina and Tom as well as Vera and Kenny are now unable to attend but kudos :)^ to Katie/LakeMaryEagleWatcher and Wes for making the trek south after JUST late last night arriving back from Mississippi and to Cathie/BigBird who has had myriad health struggles over the last year that she is still combatting - she has been missed and could use some of that famous Cruzer MoJo! (((GH)))

Here is the updated guest list:

1) MTL CDN/ June
2) Vicky (June's DD)
3) Joanie
4) Manu/Scott
5) margiew/Margie
6) minacat/Mina
7) LakeMaryEagleWatcher/Katie
8) Wes (Katie's DH)
9) julesbrickell/ Julie
10) Eaglelurker/Brad
11) momkat523/Sharon
12) EagleDuo/Jann
13) MIB/Dave
14) BigBird/Cathie
15) Roger (Cathie's SO)

Anyone else? C'ya later!
:}^

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Wishing everyone a great time tonight - looking forward to meeting June and Vicky when they come to the Ventura area.
I posted some pics (under the SB Zoo/Dinner title) of the new youngsters at the SB Zoo - just to give you a preview.

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
waiting for reports and :clk:

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
harpo516,Apr 18 2010
08:28 PM
waiting for reports and :clk:

I ditto Deb's quote!

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sorry ya'll had to wait so long to see any pictures from last night. Since there were so many cameras getting a group shot last night, I didn't have them take one with my camera, but I did get a few pictures from dinner. I can't believe I didn't get a single shot of Katie, Mina or Dave! I did get one of Joanie, but it wasn't very good, so I opted not to show it.

Posted Image Guests of honor, June/MTL CDN & DD Vicky

Posted Image Wes, Sharon/Momkat523, Brad/eaglelurker & Julie/julesbrickell

Posted Image Cathie/bigbird, Dave's back, Sharon/Momkat523, Brad/eaglelurker & Julie/julesbrickell, June/MTL CDN & DD Vicky, Margie/margiew, Scott/Manu

Posted Image Roger & Cathie/bigbird

Posted Image Scott/Manu & Vicky looking at the celebrity picture wall

(all clickables)

Joanie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:clk: OK, peeps ... here is some more proof positive that Cruzers have a ball when they gather together! The first two are self-explanatory .... the traditional Sacred Door pictures since it was Vicky's first time!

Posted Image

From left front: Jann/EagleDuo/ED Blue; Katie/LakeMaryEagleWatcher staggered behind; June/MTL CDN in blue tee; Joanie staggered behind; Vicky/Kaleefa (June's DD) in the center; Margie/margiew; Julie/julesbrickell. From left back row: Brad/Eaglelurker; Wes (Katie's DH); Sharon/momkat523; Dave/EagleDuo/MIB/Tiger
We met up with Mina/minacat and Cathie/BigBird and her SO, Roger across the street at the Harbor House Cafe.
Posted Image

Shot through June and Vicky, here is Scott/Manu doing photog duties with multiple cams.
Posted Image

From left, Julie (julesbrickell on the forum) next to our two Guests of Honor, June (MTL CDN) and her DD Vicky all the way from Pointe Claire Quebec Canada (which is about 20 miles west of Montreal) who will have their IWS Tour this week!
Posted Image

Beanie Eagle wasn't really buying this ... not exactly what he was anticipating in the way of a 'beverage' but I put him on the wagon until the Egg Roll!
Posted Image

This is a toast :clink: promised to Leigh and Chris who as recent ex-locals were not able to join us as they have in the past... Leigh recently retired and they have relocated to an island in British Columbia from where she is lurking (Hi, Leigh! :}^ ) and watching the nests.
Posted Image

A few more to follow ....

Joanie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:clk: 'Group shots' to follow starting with Katie and Wes (shot through and from behind June and Vicky) It's great that the Harbor House 'indulges' us (they don't take reservations) by 'holding' the 'stage area' for us if I give them a heads up to stop seating folks there a couple of hours before our arrival. It permits a bit of 'semi'-privacy so we can mingle if we wish but we are limited in space to stand back to effectively take 'group' photos... I've tried using a 'wide-angle' lens in the past but not so flattering :D
Posted Image

From left:Sharon, Brad, Julie, June, Vicky and a piece of Margie...
Posted Image

EagleDuo Dave and Jann on their Anniversary Eve!
Posted Image

From left: the back of Katie's head, Wes, Sharon, Brad, Julie, June, Vicky, Dave
Posted Image

Front and Center: Roger and Cathie with Mina in the back at far left.
Posted Image

Taken from behind Margie, Roger was laughing so hard he was wiping tears away ... at what you ask? At Scott/Manu doing the 'banking' after the bill was delivered and realizing that he needed an advanced degree in economics for this job!
Posted Image

Th, th, that's all Folks! (Until the next time.) :}^

Hope you can join the next Cruzer Gathering as we re-group May 15 to celebrate the 2010 Hatching Season at the Fourth Annual EggRoll and welcome distant Cruzers from the East Coast .... Deb/Harpo, Gary/EagleScout, Carole/NatureGal, Jeanne/jeannec, Elaine/ElaineRuth! Please, if you haven't already, check out the Egg Roll Event page right here in the Events thread and let me know you are coming!

silveregal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Great pictures Thanks Joanie. :><: :><: :**:

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Terrific pics Joanie - what a wonderful and happy Cruzer get together and more to come! Whoopee!
I posted a question to those going to the zoo under the zoo and dinner heading - need some feedback from everyone.

dory
Advanced Member
Awww! How fun! Can't wait till Friday.
Dory

« Previous Topic · A-49 Cruzers' Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply