Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
IWS Catalina Tours - 2011; IWS NAC Tours by Cruzers
Topic Started: Jan 11 2011, 11:48 PM (2,870 Views)
Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Another Eagle year has come and gone and the first of many IWS tours will be taking place soon.

Please use this thread to share your experience and photos of your IWS tour!

Every Cruzer sees and experiences something different when they visit Catalina and IWS and it's great to hear about and "see" the fun!

So if you are one of the 2010 NAC winners now claiming your IWS tour, when you get home (or if you have wi fi :<:: ) - share your story & pictures! :clk:

:soar:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image
Sweet Tachi

Posted Image
Pimu

Posted Image
Hydi

Lala's photos - 2010

I can't wait to see everyone's experiences as they take their 2011 IWS Tours :**:

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
My friend and fellow-Cruzer, Donna, and I arrived at LAX on May 4. We headed for the Panda Palace for lunch and had a quick 'hello' with Joanie and Manu. Then we drove down the coast to San Diego and stayed at the Dana on the Bay Hotel. What a great hotel and so convienent to everything. From there we visited Seaworld and SD Wild Animal Safari. Also shopped and visited with a friend of Donna. I have pix and videos of all, of course.
On Sunday, May 8th , we drove up to Long Beach and got the ferry to Catalina.

Catalina 5/10/2011

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Ela...our/2011-05-10/

IWS Tour 5/10/2011

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Ela...%20Tour%202011/

We left Catalina on Fri. the 13th and drove to Universal City. There we stayed at another great hotel, The Sportsmen Lodge. It has been there for quite a while and was a favorite for movie stars, etc. They supplied free transportation to Universal Studies which is where we went on Sat. the 14th. We upgraded our tickets to VIP and was sooooo glad we did. I wouldn't recommend going there any other way. Got lots of pix and videos there, too.

On Sunday, the 15th, we drove to Lakewood to meet up with Margie and Trish for lunch. It was sooooo good to see them again and I didn't realize till I was uploading photos, that we talked so much we forget to take any photos!!
My lunch was delicious!!! At least for the first couple hours. Then things went downhill. After lunch Donna and I drove up to Ventura where we stayed at my favorite hotel up there, The Crowne Plaza. The photos start to get a little scarce at this point and I wound up in the ER on Thurs. morning. They said, 'food poisoning' and gave me great care.
Fri. was spent just hydrating. Sat. my CA Cousin took us on a Mystery Train Ride for brunch (small amount chicken breast) and Sun. afternoon we drove up to Lala/Linda's and met up with Iggle/Kathie there. Lots of Lurve!! I was so unhappy to have missed the Fri. dinner at Yolanda's. (I think it was Fri. I lost a day somewhere).

Casitas 5/22/2011

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Ela...A%202011-05-22/

At 6 PM, we left Linda and Kathie, drove down the mountain and headed back to LA to return the car. Got there just as the sun was setting.
We were both sorry to be leaving and I felt so guilty that Donna spent most of the last week sitting in the hotel room with me. But we plan to return again next year and hopefully I will stay out of the ER then.

KareninSoCali
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
ER...I believe that pic that you asked "What are these?" is ice plant.

KareninSoCali
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
The 2nd link take us to a login page for your photos. Or is it just me? LOL!

Naturegal
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Elaine - Just wonderful :)^ I so enjoyed your photos.

ElaineRuth
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
KareninSoCali,Jun 6 2011
06:34 PM
The 2nd link take us to a login page for your photos.  Or is it just me?  LOL!

Sorry!!! I fixed it. That has the photos of Steffi, etc. Try again.

cindyzinaz
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Karen, agree about the ice plants...and the log in page :) couldn't see the IWS tour. Elaine, sorry you were sick, but in spite of it, great pictures!

KareninSoCali
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
ER...that worked, thanks! Great pics! Always love seeing Steffani, Pimu and Hydi! Such beauties..all of them! And the other pics are beautiful, also! Such a pretty place is Catalina!

cindyzinaz
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:**: It was fun experiencing your visit to the girls of IWS, thank you for sharing!

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
awesome ER has posted her photos :><:

which now made me realize I didn't post mine here - phooey - oh where oh where are my links :)
I'll get them copied here - I swear :ok:

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

We flew into LAX and after a few hours of sleep at a hotel near the airport, Joanie/Scott picked us up and away we went! Quickly got ourselves to the ferry and headed to Avalon.

Turns out for a few more dollars, we could rent a condo unit with our own golf cart so after some research and inquiry by Joanie/Scott - that's what we decided to do! It was outstanding and quite fun!

As we were settling in and getting the eagle things put in place in our home away from home - an eagle flew overhead and around the corner headed up the coast! :ok: Outstanding - all saw it except Joanie :(

Click on photo above to see slideshow #1

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

After a good night of sleep zzzzzz, we met up with Steffani and away we went on our tour! Now don't think that if you've been on a couple of IWS tours, that there's not anything new to see - there's ALWAYS something new to see and experience!

We headed to SR to check on the babies who were looking mighty fine! What a hike down and back - whooeeeeee! Yes we did get a little binoculitis while scanning the coast - checking the eagles - seeing the seals!

And on our way to lunch at the Airport, we found a geocache!

click on above photo for little slideshow

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

We indeed headed to the Airport to have one of those wonderful buffalo burgers and some (note I said some - SOME even made it back to NY mmmm) of those super wonderful oatmeal cookies!

Along the way to feed Pimu/Hydi - we made a couple of stops and discovered lots of fox scat - one day I'm hoping to see the fox! :) We also saw one lone bison hanging out and lots of wonderful Catalina scenery.

Click on above image to see slideshow!

harpo516
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image

Had a great visit with Pimu and Hydi - the educational eagles of IWS! Saw our plaque of sponsorship in the Aviary which reminded me that I needed to get my 2011 sponsorship in to IWS!

AND bonus - Steff had our 2009 plaque on hand when they had replaced it with the 2010 plaque so it came home with me! AWESOME ....... another treasure to add to my Cruzer items.

Anyway - we cruised along the bumpy road headed back to Avalon after a wonderful, exciting Catalina Eagle day. ES was determined to try for another cache but instead he found a deer! rofl No the deer doesn't count

Went to have some day old spaghetti :Yum: :Yum: a hot shower and to bed!

click on above photo to view slideshow

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · A-49 Cruzers' Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply