Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ozzie is coming to town!; Feb. 15th at Lake Casitas, Ojai
Topic Started: Feb 3 2011, 07:35 AM (3,298 Views)
Topa Topa Hikers
Advanced Member
Ozzie is visiting her sister Karen in Ventura and will be at Lake Casitas Tuesday
Feb. 15th. She has invited everyone for a very relaxing time of birding, hiking
and lunch to follow at a local Mexican Food restaraunt in Ojai.

Time to be determined.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bette
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'll be there!!!!!

SheilaSB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hiker - keep us posted - want to try to get away from work if I can for part of the day - the later in the day the better for me.

Topa Topa Hikers
Advanced Member
Okey Dokey,
I'm just the messenger :soar:
but I'll post over here what I know. <:::

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
We were talking about the Mexican Food at the local cafe at the lake... I think a potluck would be more relaxing in our 'usual' area... wouldn't take that much to throw together... the cafe is taxed with help at lunch... but if that is what majority wants..maybe we could let them know ahead of time we are coming... all this is just food for thought... I love our picnic area... and is close to eagle trees and we could watch with binnoculars... easy hike...hope they are there...Kim at raptors said they were there friday with sticks...

bette
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Bringing this over FYI -
Cathy/Topa posted this on the IWS Chat forum yesterday AM -
"Ozzi,
Suza said she saw the two eagles at the lake Friday working on their nest.
They were flying in a tall tree with large sticks. I know where the tree is now.
Can't wait to go stalk the lake eagles. :soar: :soar: :clk: "

bette
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Just read your post Linda and adding my two cents -
I know there will be some walking involved with getting to the nest
area - I will go with the majority.
I just want to see Cruzers <3 and Eagles :<<o>>: and eat, of course. :lol:

lakemaryeaglewatcher
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I might be able to come but have to factor in driving in rush hour traffic to arrive in a timely manner. Also depends on weather. Bringing food would be a complication for me but maybe could get some fresh strawberries. Would love to see :<<o>>: :<<o>>: and Cruzers. :D

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Looking forward to the gathering at the Lake! I can't participate in a potluck because of my work schedule on Monday, but it will be great to see Ozzie and all the other Cruzers, no matter how we end up feeding ourselves. :**: :**: :**:

Is there a headcount and start time posted somewhere?

summer818
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
My vote is taking Bob and Kathy to beautiful Boccali's. The mexican cafe may not be able to handle a group, but we know Boccali's can. :pacing:

Doesn't open till 4:00pm - boo hoo!

How about the Mexican Cafe at the Lake? We need a headcount so maybe we can warn them...you individually order at the window, and they bring it out...lots of birds, ducks, racoons, and squirrels.

Topa Topa Hikers
Advanced Member
Lake Casitas Picnic

Location Lake Casitas Ojai, CA USA

Tuesday, February 15 10:00am :ok: - 2:00pm

Created By Ozzie on FB

summer818
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Topa, we're gonna meet at the 'picnic' area, but are gonna have lunch at the Casitas Cafe, Linda is going to talk to them tomorrow. A lot of people don't have time to make anything, and most just want to have a hike, talk and then head over for lunch.

The time has been changed, 10:00am till .....around 2:00pm or so.

However, if some want to bring their own lunch, they're welcome, and we can all eat on the deck overlooking the lake.

Topa Topa Hikers
Advanced Member
Purrrfect, It sounds like you & lala have it all under control.

Eggcellent. Posted Image

It's a work day for me.
I will be able to meet at the
picnic sight with the beagle 10 am ish . :P :}^

Sorry, I can't stay for lunch. I love the lake restaraunt, you'll have a blast. :Yum:

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I see we don't have a head count??? Guessing 10 to 15 ????

sandie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Lala I wouldn't miss the chance to see Ozzie. Bette and I are planning to come but I'd like a ride inside the gate and maybe she does too. Eating at the lake cafe sounds fun too. Can't wait to see the eagles. Are they building a nest or taking over one and improving it?

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · A-49 Cruzers' Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply