Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2011 Fall MT Nest Party
Topic Started: Sep 3 2011, 09:58 AM (4,262 Views)
cindyzinaz
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
We're heading to Ventura, driving this trip... staying at "Eagle Central" Sept 23-26. So Sat. 24th or Sun 25th we'd love to catch up with Cruzers.

There was discussion on Chat about a restaurant in Carpinteria called Padaro Beach Grill on Santa Claus Lane. A few thought it would be a good gathering place, so perhaps the party starts there??

And right now, we also plan to drive to Dana Point for Sept 27 and 28. I know those are weekdays but, would love to catch up with anyone available for a quick lunch. We'll stay at the Dana Point Marina Inn at the harbor.

Unfortunately, because of the situation with our friend Anna, our plans could change in a flash. As of today, there is no change in her condition...still just waiting. :(

But even if we do have to back out last minute, any get together would, of course, continue, and we'd be there in spirit.

Hope we get to meet many of you soon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sandie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cindy Padaro Beach Grill is a great place. It's a bit of a drive there but not far. Maybe 20 min's is all. They have a great area for private parties. There is a hawaiian or tropic theme there. Right next to the BEACH! So must be ready for any weather. Usually our weather is Sept and Oct is better than the summer due to all the fog we have. Peppermint lives very close to there. They have terrific sweet potato fries!!! :Yum: Maybe Patti could arrange to get us a nice spot? Love love love Cruzer parties. Cant wait >O< :><:

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
It's a wonderful spot and Carpinteria is about halfway between Ventura and Santa Barbara. If people are interested, I can check it out to see if we can...or need...to reserve an area. Sandie, it has changed ownership recently so the menu seems a bit abbreviated compared to what I remember but still has salads, burgers, fish, chicken and lots of atmosphere outside on the green grass right on the beach. It shouldn't be as crowded as it was all summer.

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :party: LET'S PARTY!!! :party:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Posted Image

:<<o>>: CALLING ALL CRUZERS!!! :<<o>>:

:```: 2011 EMPTY NEST PARTY :```:
Celebrate the conclusion of another successful year for the IWS eagles!

ADDED BONUS
:}^ MEET, GREET & DINE with CINDYZINAZ on her Southern California Trip! :}^

DATE: Saturday, September 24th Don't forget to bring your :BE: and your :clk:

PLACE: PADARO BEACH GRILL On Santa Claus Lane in Carpinteria

TIME: 1pm

R.S.V.P. HERE or by sending me an e-mail

Attending:
Bette
Brad/Eaglelurker
Cindy
Dave & Jann
HelenB :X:
Iggle/Kathie :X:
Jeanette
Jillers
jkr55/Janice
JoJo/Jo (and friend)
JoJoFlys/Jo
Julie/Julesbrickle
Kate5555
Minacat
Peppermint
Sandie
Sheila & Roger
SueinLB
SusanO
Teacherlady
Troth/Teri
Vicki

:X: Possibly a surprise guest! :X:

cindyzinaz
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
peppermint,Sep 5 2011
02:21 PM
It's a wonderful spot and Carpinteria is about halfway between Ventura and Santa Barbara.  If people are interested, I can check it out to see if we can...or need...to reserve an area.  Sandie, it has changed ownership recently so the menu seems a bit abbreviated compared to what I remember but still has salads, burgers, fish, chicken and lots of atmosphere outside on the green grass right on the beach.  It shouldn't be as crowded as it was all summer.

Patti, that would be great! Or if anyone local has other ideas, I'm sure - knowing how great Cruzer get togethers always are - anything will be great! >O<

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I originally posted here that I would be able to come.. now I am looking at my book and seeing that I will be gone from the 23rd until the 25th.. :'( It is our annual Miller Girls get together...planned all year long... I am so upset about this date problem. Cindy, will you be around on the 26th???

http://www.santabarbara.com/dining/news/20...ll-opens-today/

A slideshow on the above site shows inside and out...

cindyzinaz
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
ojailala,Sep 5 2011
06:16 PM
I originally posted here that I would be able to come.. now I am looking at my book and seeing that I will be gone from the 23rd until the 25th.. :'(  It is our annual Miller Girls get together...planned all year long... I am so upset about this date problem.  Cindy, will you be around on the 26th???

http://www.santabarbara.com/dining/news/20...ll-opens-today/

A slideshow on the above site shows inside and out...

Linda, we'll be checking in on the 23rd, and checking out on the 26th so..... maybe we could do breakfast/brunch on the 26th?? We'll be driving to Dana Point that day and I think it's only a few hrs drive so..we can be somewhat flexible.

ojailala
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I would like that Cindy... breakfast near your hotel.. you will beat the rush hour traffic doing that too... I am so sorry I can't be with all of the Cruzers at the beach... rats!

peppermint
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Awwww Lala...didn't this happen last year...a Cruzer event the same weekend as your annual "girls" weekend? Thanks for the link....there are umbrellas for all of those tables if it's hot/sunny.

Please post here if you're planning to attend so I know if we need to make any group arrangements

Jeanette
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I will be there September 24 at the Padaro Beach Grill Looking forward to seeing everyone

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yeah, Jeanette! Will be great to see you again! :Hugs:

summer818
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi Jann:

I might be able to make it, I'll know very soon. :Yum:

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hope so, Vicki! :X:

iggle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
As of right now, this looks totally doable for me, but I have to add my usual disclaimer: if I don't have to work... :X:

I can't believe it's MT Nest Party time again already.... :( (for the MT nests, not the party!!!)

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yeah, Kathie! Hope that bad 4-letter word won't keep you from making the party! :X:

It is hard to believe it's that time already, isn't it?
Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · A-49 Cruzers' Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply