Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nest Watch - Tuesday, December 2, 2014; Still No Show at the PH Nest!
Topic Started: Dec 2 2014, 12:01 AM (1,377 Views)
Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
<::: PLEASE READ

The Nest Observations/Nest Watch thread remains open .. as long as there are cameras .. which are operational .. to watch.

Normally the VCOE and the IWS work on the cam equipment during the fall/winter .. so the cams may go off from time to time .. but we are normally advised by them if they are working in the area.

IWS weekly updates will probably be posted .. as in the past .. during this off season.

Just a few Gentle Reminders about posting on this thread. (Helps to save time when reading through it.)

Please remember that it is the CHANNEL ISLANDS NESTS ONLY .. either on or off camera .. that we post our observations/comments about.

There are FOUR IWS nests with cameras online .. so it is important to know WHICH NEST you are observing.

Please put the Initials at the start of your post.

. . .ALL NEST CAMS - http://www.iws.org/interactive_nestchat_allUstream.html
. . .PH = Pelican Harbor (WMP) - http://media1.vcoe.org/eaglecam1
. . .PH = Pelican Harbor (embedded) - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pelican-harborPH ARCHIVES
. . .SC = Sauces Canyon (WMP) - http://media1.vcoe.org/eaglecam2 Temporarily unavailable
. . .SC = Sauces Canyon (embedded) - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sauces-camSC ARCHIVES
. . .TH = Two Harbors - http://www.ustream.tv/two-harbors-camTH ARCHIVES
. . .WE = West End - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFaJjbI8ylsWE ARCHIVES
. . .WE/WA = West End/Wide Angle - Wide-Angle ARCHIVES

These nests are all in California .. so it's Pacific Time on this coast.

We prefer that the Quote Button is not used on this thread .. and if you must use it .. because you are referring to something on a previous page .. then take TEXT only .. never captures or video.

Thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
<::: Videos Taken Yesterday:

SAUCES CANYON

:<<>>: Video by Kate5555 :<<>>:
SC - A40 and A48 Separate Visits

TWO HARBORS

:<<>>: Video by debs :<<>>:
TH - Distant Fly By - 4:02 pm

:<<>>: Video by Maria K. :<<>>:
TH - An adult eagle circles at the patio at 10:50 AM Photobucket video

WEST END

:<<>>: Video by Cumbrian :<<>>:
WE: K-01 brings prey ~ K-91 arrives too late to share it

:<<>>: Video by debs :<<>>:
WE - Superman Dines at Dusk; Thunder Visits after Dark

:<<>>: Videos by Maria K. :<<>>:
WE - K-01 and K-91 morning activity on their nest
WE - K-01 returns to the nest, K-91 lands on the left peak Photobucket video

:<<>>: Video by Patti :<<>>:
WE - K91 Visits the Nest at 5:52 p.m.

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
“A request from Dr. Sharpe”

Eagle Guy,Mar 28 2011
09:34 AM
We are recording the activity at the Two Harbors and West End nests so that we can identify all the prey brought to the nests to calibrate the results of the nest excavations at the end of the season. I'd appreciate if you could continue to report the times that prey are brought to the nest so that later we can go through the recordings more quickly to identify the items. Thanks.

Eagle Guy,Mar 28 2011
10:35 AM
Maybe prey delivery posts could be started with  >>: even if it is a bird or unidentified,  so that we can spot them more easily.

To make it easier for the biologists to see the prey deliveries, please limit the use of the blue fish to prey deliveries only.

Begin your post with the nest initials, followed by the time of delivery & the blue fish.

Eagle Guy,May 12 2011
04:45 PM
We are recording prey deliveries at all the online nests, so please continue to use the blue fish for deliveries at any nest.

Thank you!

Cumbrian
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
PLEASE NOTE -
Have you registered for the forum and are waiting to be validated and/or wondering why you can't post?

If so, please be sure to watch for and answer an e-mail from a moderator (usually Eagle Duo).
We need your answer before we can validate your membership.
This is just one of the safeguards we use to keep our forum family-friendly.

If you haven't seen a letter from us, please check your spam folder before emptying/deleting it.
You MUST answer this letter before you can become a forum member!

If you can't find this e-mail, send an e-mail to eagleduo@earthlink.net, and we'll help you.

p.s. Do you know someone who has registered for the forum and are waiting to be validated and/or wondering why they can't post yet?
If so, please be sure to pass on the above information.

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
PH - Thanks for the information from IWS Chat (yesterday). I forgot both adults were there the day the IWS was working on the camera. They could certainly still appear...but it IS raining there right now as I type. Usually we would see some activity from the adults with this type of weather. They could have changed habits though. There are no set rules and I need to remember that. :lol:

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
TH - it has been raining for several minutes on the nest. Lots of rain drops now on the lens.

PH - should add, I don't see rain here, but you can hear it...no drops on the lens...oh, just saw one at 6:10.

SC & WE - still pitch black.

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
PH - empty

SC - adult in tree...windy!

TH - empty

WE - must be K91 and still standing in the same place on the rock as last night. She is at about position 11.

Wet all over. Rain has arrived and it will stay with us for a while.

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
WE - Can't see a WB in her current position on the rock, but it looks like K-91 spent the night on the nest. Turn around, sweetheart, so we can see your WB.

Posted Image

SC - Can see a white head in the tree...that seems to be blowing about considerably.

Edit: Turns out it was K-01 on the nest, not K-91.

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
WE - K91 just departed....at 6:56...missed which direction she went.

Jann, I missed even being able to see a WB on departure. Had my eyes off the cam. Not positive it is K91 either...have been assuming.

SC - I'm also not really certain it is raining there, but it has been windy at times. Raining in my area on the mainland, not far from SC Island.

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
WE - 6:56am - Eagle flew off to the right.

I saw an underbling on the right wing, but didn't see any topbling on either wing.

Maybe it was K-01 instead of K-91?

Had video going. Will post in a bit.

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
SC - 6:59am - Eagle calling out. Can't tell if it's the eagle in the tree or one not seen.

Eagle Duo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
WE - 7:03am - Eagle flying over the tors and lands on the right tor.

Maria K.
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
West End at 6:22 AM
I see a white head, k-01 is on the nest. K-91 calls out at 6:28 AM i maybe heard K-91 from further away at 6:38 AM. K-01 flew off from the nest rock at 6.56 AM

I started with a record from the WE - cam, but switched over to the SC- cam, were an adult were in the the, A-48+ trumpets out at, maybe I have to take a break from the watching... it looks to me. that maybe a juvenile eagle is to the right behind the adult on another branch???

Posted Image

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
WE - glad Maria saw that it was K01 on the nest. I had video running but must have mislabeled it and can't locate it now. Busy in the a.m.'s here at home and make a lot of mistakes at this time. :wacko:

sunnyland7
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
TH - PH - 7:14AM Appear empty

WE - 7:14AM Two birds flew around behind the highest peak / Don't know if
eagles or just crows / (Big enough for me to see)

SC - 7:18AM eagle perched calmly in tree (looks ethereal)

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nest Observations · Next Topic »
Add Reply