Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WE nest compared to last nesting season; WE nest improvements
Topic Started: Oct 26 2016, 04:56 PM (328 Views)
Rosemarye
Advanced Member
Was the WE nest so barren in the last nesting season because the parents were new or unprepared? The nest used to look so barren I was fearing the eaglets would fall off. Now they are really going to town to make a secure nest. Can't envision an island fox wandering around this fortress nest.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eagle Guy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I looked back at some photos of the nest from February and it looked like the nest had some pretty good railings. Most of what is there now will likely get blown away during the winter storms. I think most of the work on nests at this time of year is a result of the day length being similar to that during the beginning of the breeding season in February/March (timing of breeding is largely controlled by day length).

JudyB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Interesting - I'd never thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks, Peter!

« Previous Topic · What are your questions? · Next Topic »
Add Reply