Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Santa Cruz Update; March 14-21, 2017
Topic Started: Mar 23 2017, 05:12 AM (864 Views)
Eagle Guy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Santa Cruz Island Update, March 14-21, 2017.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PearlBailey
Advanced Member
In a word: FABULOUS!

Love the video updates and getting to meet the IWS crew and the islands better. Such fantastic news for Peregrine and BAEAs on Santa Cruz!! Thank you so much, Nate!

JoJo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Super Update on Falcon and Eagle both......thank you Nate

Glad to hear A49 and A64 have a new nest, and eggs to go with it. And thankful for the new nest also, considering what happened to the old one. Whew!

torreycat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Another great tour (and thanks for explaining why the pants were hanging on the tree)! Love all the peregrine views, green, green island w/ wildflowers and, of course, the eagles!

But I'm confused :blink: ... the scroll at the end indicated Cueva Valdez eagles were "unknown adult male and A-69 ..." I'm pretty sure A-69 is the male AKA Braveheart from Pelican Harbor nest in 2010 (and he's at Lopez Cyn, SRI, isn't he?). Just trying to keep my eagles straight!

Thanks again for a terrific video tour!

river
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:><: WOW.... WOW :><:
Thank you, Nate for this Fantastic Update on A -49 and A-64 :**:
Looking forward to learning more about the Peregrine's !
Thanks for All you guys do.. and Be Safe!

:flying: :flying: :flying: :flying: :flying: :flying:

JoJo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Chris..........you are partially right. But A69 is Malik, male, from the Lopez nest with A43. A68, Braveheart, also male, paired with A27, is at Baby's Harbor.

Both had successful hatches in 2015 and 2016...........Both from K10 and K26

So I too am curious as to who it was

vickih
Advanced Member
Exciting update. So glad to hear about A49 and A64 and their new hatchling!

Vickih :D

patsgreenthumb
Advanced Member
:D Wonderful news about A49 & A64 enjoyed watching the updates

IWS Crew
Advanced Member
Apologies for the mistake. You guys are right - the female at Cueva is A-98, not A-69. Thanks for catching that.

JoJo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you Crew. A98, one of Cruz's little girls :D. But seems a bit young :huh:

klemon
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks for the wonderful update Nate and crew. Every thing was beautiful. The flowers,the Perigrens, and the eagles were all beautiful and such wonderful news about Cruz. Thanks for all you and the crew do. Love the weekly updates.

Kathy
in
Southern Illinois
<3 2bed :flying:

torreycat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thanks, JoJo, for straightening me out (and no worries, IWS crew)! My memory ain't what it used to be about who was who at the PH nest 7 years ago.Though I should be able to remember A68 as Braveheart, I was lucky enough to get to name his & A27's eaglet last year -- Corazon! So good to know both boys have grown into magnificent adulthood and successful parenthood.

Shel
Thank you so much Nate and IWS crew!

I just love the videos of the island and all the updates! It's simply stunning out there after all the rain we've had.

Thank you for Peregrine Falcon footage - they are such gorgeous birds and one of my favs!

I am extremely happy for A-49 and her mate - there was a lot of drama last year and then the nest fell down this year. Good for that pair!

I keep telling my students that if you like to be outdoors, hike all over the place, and enjoy studying plants and animals...being a biologist might be the job for you.

Cheers and Smiles to you all! :)^ :<<o>>:

Patti
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you for the great update!

For the record, my memory is certified SHOT, so I am really happy about all the reminders of who is who and from where.

So happy that A64 & A49 have a chick!

JudyB
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
JoJo,Mar 24 2017
09:14 AM
Thank you Crew. A98, one of Cruz's little girls :D. But seems a bit young :huh:

I'm remembering that the Pelican Harbor mom K26 was only 4 in 2006 when she and 5-year-old K10 had their first chick - Cruz! So maybe early nesting runs in the family! :D

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · IWS Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply