Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Catalina Update; April 13, 2017
Topic Started: Apr 14 2017, 04:40 AM (475 Views)
Eagle Guy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Catalina Island Update
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoJo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Super update Dr Sharpe. Glad you got a good look at the TH nest and their two chicks.

Question. You mentioned at the Middle Ranch nest, that they were being bothered by Ravens or Crows. I was under the impression that Crows were not on the Islands. Can you set me straight?

Thank you

PearlBailey
Advanced Member
"Move your tail." You've spoken the words of many an eagle cam-viewer!! News of two eaglets at Two Harbors is especially exciting. The crow/raven impact at Middle Ranch pretty interesting. The crow fly-by in the video certainly punctuated that reality.

Thanks so much for another wonderful update.

Eagle Guy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Crows have been on Catalina for about 15 years. I don't think they are on any of the other islands yet.

klemon
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
What wonderful news about TH nest. What an over all wonderful report. Thanks for all you and the crew do.

Kathy
Southern Illinois ^"^ :flying: <3

marshaz
Advanced Member
Thank you Dr. Sharpe, and the IWS Crew. That was a wonderful update.
I also enjoyed seeing the leopard sharks. That was beautiful footage.

torreycat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Beautiful update, Dr. Sharpe -- the island and the water around it look spectacular! Very cool to see the leopard sharks, too. And more great chick pix, what could be better? Hoping they all grow strong & healthy and we have lots of successful fledges in another month or so!

I must have missed something last season or early this season about the TH nest -- why did they relocate (or is it even possible to know this)? Maybe they were tired of being on their own reality web show after all these years ....

And one more question: Would peregrines be tempted to pick off eagle chicks from a nest? Just asking because that one beautiful falcon was not far from the TH nest. :unsure:

Thank you again for taking the time to make these video tours for us, they're a great way to be on the island even when we can't be on the island! :D

EDIT: Oops, just found your answer to Pearl Bailey's question about the peregrine/eagle interaction, so perhaps you've already addressed both of mine. Sorry!

« Previous Topic · IWS Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply