Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Catalina Update; April 24, 2017
Topic Started: Apr 25 2017, 03:53 AM (313 Views)
Eagle Guy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Catalina Update
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoJo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi Dr Sharpe........Great views of the scenery and wildlife......Be Careful. Super views of the Middle Ranch pair, Rattlesnake Chick, and especially K01 and his chicks.

That is a lot of trekking out there. Loved the GPS views also

Stay safe

PearlBailey
Advanced Member
The GPS tracking gives a great perspective of your hikes - thank you! And as far as those rattlesnakes are concerned...yikes! Those snake gaiters are a wise investment. This was another terrific update. Stay safe! :<<o>>: B-))

river
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Thank you for the wonderful update!
Oh my goodness - you really pack a lot of miles! :blink:
B-)) Keep those chaps.. I wonder - do they make them for dogs too? :rolleyes:
The West End Babies look Fantastic <3 <3
Thanks again for putting up the new sign :<::
Be Safe out There!
And Thanks again for all you do! :><:

Shel
Thank you Dr. Sharpe!

Love the snake/cactus proof gaiters!

I will share this with my students. I keep telling them about the life of a field biologist..always adding..do you like to hike?

My kiddoes loves all of your updates and the news that this site has about all things Channel Island Bald Eagles..and some extra news thrown in there about peregrines, Island Foxes, etc.

Thank you for all you do! :}^

torreycat
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
What a great tour -- and I love seeing the hikes mapped out via your GPS, very cool feature! Glad you saw the rattlers before they could see/attack your new gaiters ... maybe good protection from ticks, as well?

View of the WE chicks is wonderful, miss being able to see them up close & personal, but these videos will do! Also loved seeing the little Rattlesnake eaglet, its face was really planted for a good snooze. Seeing the Middle Ranch pair makes me wonder about K-30 Blaze from 2012 (?) -- I hope he's still flying around somewhere. Perhaps he's lost his wing-bling and he's an unidentified adult on one of the islands by now? :X:

Thanks again, Dr. Sharpe -- happy trails!

« Previous Topic · IWS Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply