Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chat - Tuesday, September 19, 2017; Good morning!
Topic Started: Sep 19 2017, 07:58 AM (149 Views)
Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

marshaz
Advanced Member
Good Tuesday Morning Chat Friends.

Hi Jill. :}^ That graphic is cute. I should put that one on the kitchen table for dinner time. rofl

Now, we're all watching Hurricane Maria. It was a category 5 when I went to bed last night, and I have not checked the news yet.

I've also been waiting to hear progress reports on the Marines that were burned last Wednesday, at Camp Pendleton. Nothing has been said. Maybe because it's a military accident, they keep it more hush hush. Well, no news is good news, as far as the Marines that are injured, I guess. <3 <3 <3

Have a wonderful day everybody.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
</span>

catM
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning, all.

Hi, Jill, Marsha. :}^

DH has decided he wants to go up North this coming weekend. We can see all the fall colors and go fishing! :**: :)^ >O<

We haven't been in so long, It is going to take me a while to find all my stuff! So that is my plan for this afternoon - find clothes and equipment and pack! :D

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi catM. :}^ Your plans for the weekend sound lovely.

I have to go to Joanns and buy some fabric and yarn. It sounds so trivial compared to how devastating these hurricane have been on people's lives.

marshaz
Advanced Member
I'm back and my trip was partially successful. I was able to get the yarn I needed to finish a blanket. For my sail boat quilt, DH suggested we look on Amazon. Of course, it was there.

Now, he wants to go out for lunch.

Later.

kathieov13
Advanced Member
Good afternoon ladies :}^
A trip to see fall colors sounds wonderful Cat. Where will you go?
Ah, more sewing Marsha.
I wanted to let you know of some interesting bird news. This morning my DH called me to the window of his office which looks out into our back yard. We watched a juvenile red shouldered hawk on top of our plastic pool cover playing for the longest time. It had drizzled overnight and there was water on top of the cover. He splashed and even rolled a bit on his sides to get himself good and soaked. I had never seen anything like it before. Then he flew up, slowly since he was pretty wet, up into an oak tree near our fence.
On our recent trip I saw many new birds: pileated woodpeckers, bufflehead ducks, brown creeper, and female blue grouse. We also saw Canadian geese, coots, ducks, flicker, Stellar jays, Clark's nutcrackers, and heard mountain chickadees.
Yesterday from my office window I saw a ladder backed woodpecker; never seen here before as we usually have the acorn woodpeckers.
Have a nice week all.

catM
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Well, I got everything organized and packed in record time! I also went on line to get my fishing license. Since I am now 70, my license, habitat stamps and second rod fees were all waived!!! I used to pay almost $20.00 for all of that when I would get my handicap license.

Vic hasn't started yet but he has more time than I do to get it all together. He has all day Wednesday and Thursday plus Friday morning. I had only today and Thursday. rofl

I need to get ready for tomorrow then have dinner. I hope everyone has a great evening.

lakemaryeaglewatcher
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good evening

Had a very intense day of pattern drawing and tracing pattern pieces on freezer paper. Tomorrow is the start of fabric selection. :><: I have a whole bunch of fabric with me but we'll have to see if I have the right shades. :X: We're taking a field trio to Keepsake Quilting tomorrow afternoon so of course I'll have to buy fabric. :lol:

Hardly got outside today but the drive to Keepsake tomorrow should be really pretty. :X: The colors around here are beautiful. :D

We didn't get rain from Jose today. :><: Just some clouds. Same for tomorrow.

Cat. - Hope you see some good colors. Have fun fishing. :D

Kathie. What fun to see the hawk bathing.

Marsha. Do you have any quilt shops close by? Those are my favorite kind of fabric stores.

Where is Sandie today? Hope she is ok. :X:

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi Kathie. :}^
Wow, you were able to see so many birds from DH's window!

CatM, congrats on your fishing license. If you catch a whopper, will you or Vic take a picture. Good job packing.

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi Katie. :}^ How did you sneak in there? Your day field trip tomorrow should be fun. :)^ :D No, the quilt shop that was near me closed about 4 years ago, so I shop at Joann's for specialty fabric.

I have bought some fabrics from Walmart, but I have to be very careful. <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
</span>

sunnyland7
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

Well! 11PM here!
Marshaz - Neat shot! Sad to lose summer :'(
I'm not ready to see her go /

EagleWatcher - Wonderful quilting ! I could never do that / I love seeing glass
blowing /

Sandie - Firehouse??????? / I would have loved to get to Holland!!!!

Jillers - Greeting

Marshaz - Hurricanes so horrendous / I think someone it trying to get the attention
of lawless America / Hope the Marines are improving

CatM - Have a wonderful special time :)^ / I sure miss my adventures /

Marshaz - Nice lunch and successful shopping /

KaiteOV13 - Sounds like a very special and fun time :)^ So nice to see all
the wildlife /

Why are we allowing all those young bikers to cause civil disobedience????
These will be the leaders of tomorrow :'( How sad for America / Brings
tears to my eyes /

Had a very bad day yesterday / Today a friend took me to the hospital today for
my test / We went to lunch after to Uncle Bucks / Had the best roast
beef, cheddar cheese sandwich on a portugese roll / SO GOOD :Yum: /
Came home and slept most of he day in my desk chair /

Rest well 2bed 2bed 2bed 2bed

« Previous Topic · Daily Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply