Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chat - Saturday, September 23, 2017; Good morning!
Topic Started: Sep 23 2017, 06:58 AM (101 Views)
Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Food art-
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

marshaz
Advanced Member
Good Saturday Morning Chat Friends.

Hi Jill. :}^ I want to eat that bicycle! rofl Thanks for sharing.

Today, it's bright and sunny in Southern California. I hope the East Coasters, Gulf States and Caribbean, are drying out after all these hurricanes. Puerto Rico was hard hit. Thinking of these people. <3 <3 <3

Have a great weekend everybody.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
</span>

marshaz
Advanced Member
I don't remember anyone (excuse me if I'm wrong) welcoming
Fall, yesterday. It's my favorite season, but I know some people don't like it, like Carol.

YESTERDAY, I BOUGHT MY FIRST PUMPKIN OF FALL THIS YEAR.

</span>

marshaz
Advanced Member
Uh oh, just us again, her on Chat. Well, I know where catM and Vic are. :)^ :D I'll go check out some football scores.

kathieov13
Advanced Member
Cute bike Jill.
Glad you welcomed Fall Marsha; I had thought the same thing yesterday. I like the cooler weather of fall but don't like the days getting shorter :wacko:
Trying to alter something is not easy. I'm struggling with this blouse. I love the fabric but chose the wrong pattern. Guess I need to just stick with the 3 styles I know are good.
Tonight we're going to an outdoor film festival of selections from the Telluride festival.

EarthMuffin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Hi Peeps,

Happy Fall! I love fall.

I can't remember when I last posted.

To catch you up I sold my 2-story townhouse because I can no longer do stairs and bought a similar sized 1-story mobile home. The park is pretty quiet.

My skeletal disorder has worsened to the point where I can't hold my head up straight and I cannot sit upright. I'm in pain 24/7 and the only tolerable positions are when I am reclining or lying down. I now have bone spurs in my feet, knees, hips, sciatic area, back, neck, hands and I believe head too. This disorder causes kyphosis - which is when you develop a curve in your neck with your head curving forward. I think that is beginning for me. It also causes the development of a hump back. Also, the calcifying of the bones causes fusions so range of motion will slowly diminish as that occurs. I cannot move side to side and I cannot move my left shoulder/arm.

I've seen my rheumatologist, primary doctor, orthopedic surgeon, and neurosurgeon and they all say there isn't anything they can do at this point. If they remove the bone spurs, they just grow back (with a vengeance I am told). Spinal surgery is so risky that I will need to be worse off before they will do it...worse off as in paralyzed or totally fused. I am scheduled in October to see a neurosurgeon who is expert in my condition. We'll see what he says.

Since November I have really been struggling to work and was only able to work 1-4 days a week. It has all become too much and I ended up quitting my job this past Monday. It is one of the scariest things I have ever done. I have long-term disability through my employer and I am applying for it. I also have pension retirement disability that I am applying for. Once I get an income coming in to keep the lights on and a roof over my head I will look into hiring a disability attorney and file for social security disability. That's the plan.

Truth be told I have been very sad, having a pity party. I am trying to not think about all that I have lost, the career, the lovely townhouse, the bucket list I won't be able to do. I am trying to not think about the scary future stuff. I am taking it day-by-day.

I have missed you all.

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi Kathie and Praline. :}^

Dear Praline, I don't know what to say. You have really been through so much. My words just seem empty, but I do mean that you are thought of and truly missed, here on Chat. Sending hugs your way. :Hugs: <3 <3

Kathie, I sure miss posting pictures to go with how I'm feeling. I know Jill, has posted image.com, I think that was it. I haven't really explored that site yet, anyway, I forgot to get something at the store, and so I bought another pumpkin, when I went back today. :D

</span>

sunnyland7
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

Wishing you all a good evening :Hugs: Missing all the cruzar friends

Jillers - Clever!

Marshaz - One more week of summer weather / It was lovely today at MCR /Spent
4 hours there / First time this week I was able to be up with the birders / Before
I left we had an eagle (that wasn't ours) land in a tree and our two really went
after it / Enjoy your football /

KathieOV13 - Hope you are successful with your blouse /

EarthMuffin - So very sorry for your condition :Hugs: :X: It's so sad people do
not believe in miracles any more /

Been watching a lovely old movie on public TV tonight /The Ghost and Mrs.
Muir / It's the way life used to be / People were kind to each other before
people became so hard /So much sadness now/You look around at how things
are going and how people are acting / Makes one so melancoly /
Rest Well! 2bed 2bed 2bed 2bed

« Previous Topic · Daily Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply