Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chat - Monday, October 2, 2017; Sad day in Vegas today
Topic Started: Oct 2 2017, 08:35 AM (139 Views)
Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I decided I shouldn't post a cute pic on a day like this. :( :boohoo:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hello Chat Friends. I'm with Jill. What a tragic event unfolded in Las Vegas.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR NEVADA TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO CARRY ASSAULT WEAPONS RIGHT ON THE STREET! ANYWAY...

IN MEMORY OF THE 58 VICTIMS WHO HAVE DIED AND THE HUNDREDS OF OTHERS WHO ARE INJURED.
:'( :'( :'(

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
</span>

sandie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
UTTER DISBELIEF! Hard to believe such horror. Can't get my brain around it. :'( Don't know why people are shocked to hear of people helping people! It was a COUNTRY concert!!!

Paul's sister is in medical coma in Seattle trauma center. Her liver is shredded. 7 ribs broken legs pelvis and arm broken. Don't know what else at this time. :'(

Tom Petty has passed away.

Not been such a good day.

Carol I hope you have arranged for your surgery by now.

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi Sandie. Yeah, today is bummer kind of day. Sad news all around us. I hope pauls sister pulls through. <3

firstview06
Advanced Member
:flk: :flk: :flk: :flk: :flk:

We have our first snow today. Not much but roofs are white at the uphill subdivision across the Colorado River from my office and the mountains behind the roofs have a significant color change from last week.

I cannot believe what happened last evening. Jason Aldean is one of my favorite country artists :8O: I woke up to that news and it's been gnawing on me all day. Makes me want to go home and close all the doors and windows and just hang out with my dogs.

Be safe and well everyone.

Carol, you have a special place in my prayers. Don't let it get you down and please go have the necessary procedures. None of us wants to lose you as a friend.

Kathleen
In snowy Colorado!

lakemaryeaglewatcher
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
:'( So sad the news we saw this morning. Just can't imagine someone doing that. :(

Yesterday we were in Annapolis Royal on the west side of Nova Scotia. We walked all over the small historic town for a total of five miles. :o We visited the historic gardens which were beautiful and still had lots of flowers blooming. This area is the oldest settlement in North America. Founded in 1605 by the French. The highlight of the day was the Graveyard Tour last night which was just across the street from where we were staying. It was led by a nationally recognized historian. We all carried a candle lantern. We went to different areas of the fort where he spoke about the history and then to different grave stones to learn about historical persons from the 1600's and 1700's. This graveyard is the oldest in Canada. The whole experience was fascinating and we learned a lot.

Dinner is here. Scallops tonight. :Yum:

Take the ferry first thing in the morning from Yarmouth NS to Portland ME. We fly home Wednesday from Boston.

sunnyland7
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

:'( :X: <:3 Such tragedy in America /We've lost our way :'( When are people
going to wake up that we need to get back to our values????Has anybody else
noticed that all the programs on TV Are about shooting, suing etc when they used
to be about families getting along together /We learn by stories and examples /

Sandie - Prayers for Paul's sister :X: :X: / She must e in such pain /

Eaglewaqtcher - You have had such an amazing trip making memories!!!! :)^

FirstVu06 - OH NO snow!!!!

Sandie - FirstVu06 - thanks!!!!
Talked to my daughter today and did call a doctor /Supposed to
call me back by tomorrow / So ridiculous when you feel okay /

Jillers - Marshaz - and all my Cruzer friends -Hope your day went smoothly

Was in all day!! Is soooooooooo cold / We're in October and there is NO heat /
I never could stand the cold / My friends kidded me all summer because I
never turned on my AC /

May you all rest well!!!! 2bed 2bed 2bed 2bed