Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chat - Thursday, October 5, 2017; Good morning!
Topic Started: Oct 5 2017, 07:44 AM (181 Views)
Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Borrowed from Cheryl on IWS chat-
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

catM
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Morning, all.

Hi, Jill. :}^

Love the opening graphic. Our International Balloon Fiesta starts this coming Saturday. I will post links to watch it live on Saturday morning.

My right arm is now black/blue/purple from just above my wrist to the shoulder!! It is still somewhat painful but not as bad as before.

marshaz
Advanced Member
Good Thursday Morning Chat Friends.

Hi Jill and catM. :}^

Jill, what a soothing and peaceful opening graphic. Thanks for sharing.

CatM, hoping you get better and better every day. :Hugs:

I'm going to do a little quilting, then I'll be off to swimming.

Later friends.

sandie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Finally a little breather!! Whenever I disappeared til now has been a ZOO!! Wendy had an MS flair so they started her on iv steroids. They gave her 5 days of the IV and she started having a bad reaction afterward. She went to ER and they admitted her. I never knew TWO dogs would be so much work when one of them is spoiled and turns into Cujo....remember that Stephen King book/movie where the huge dog gets rabies? Sasha is a real B--ch! She was trying to attack Akeelah and Sasha learned a hard lesson the past few days with me. Plus dealing with my back issues and this hoarseness I keep having and now lost a LOT of weight. I have gone to numerous MD's and everything is completely normal :hair:

The heater has not been working now for a few months and I had been telling the owner we need to address this issue. Well it's been forever so I took matters in my own hands and since the fumigation the guys that did that said I couldn't use it! So I called the management company they sent a guy out to evaluate it all. Owner wanted a second opinion and we got that finally so I'm getting a new heater before the weather turns coldies!

I have to go back now and read what's going on....but CAT what happened to your arm :8O:

And Carol I better read you have had or are about to get your surgery!!

kathieov13
Advanced Member
Cat: I am so sorry to hear about the dialysis incident. How does something like that happen? It sounds so painful. :Hugs: and :X: for a prompt resolution.
Sandie: More :Hugs: to you with all that's going on with you and Wendy.
Marsha: I've been wanting to ask you about your graphic. Is that a little Island fox? Did you see it on one of our islands? They are so cute.
Today is quartet day so I'd better go have lunch before the ladies come. :}^

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
kathieov13,Oct 5 2017
12:50 PM
Marsha: I've been wanting to ask you about your graphic. Is that a little Island fox? Did you see it on one of our islands? They are so cute.

I'll answer that question Kathie! It's a pic my friend Sue took out on Santa Cruz when she went camping with relatives & there was a team of people doing checkups, or something like that, of the foxes.

lakemaryeaglewatcher
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Good Afternoon

Digging out from under the pile of laundry. :o We leave for the cabin in the morning to close up. Wes has to shut down the water system. We'll return home for good a week from tomorrow. :D

Cat. Hope you continue to feel better. :Hugs:

Sandie. Glad you are getting a new heater. Sad you had to jump so many hoops to get it approved.

Marsha. Have fun quilting. :D

:}^ Jill and Kathie.

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
lakemaryeaglewatcher,Oct 5 2017
01:38 PM
:}^  Jill and Kathie.

:}^ Katie & Marsha & Cat & everyone!

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi Sandie, Kathie, and Katie. :}^

Sandie, sounds like it's been a whirlwind of stressful/and painful events going on. Keep us posted about Wendy. Maybe you're losing weight from not eating as much, because of the stress of everything going on. I just threw that out there.

Katie, I sure wish I could show you a picture of my sailboat quilt. I used white horizontal prairie points to give an affect of waves. Somebody please correct me if it's suppose to be "effect" instead. It's weird that my brain can never remember which is which. :hair:

Anyway, Kathie, Jill answered your question for me.

Thanks Jill. :)^

I did my swimming, went to Michael's to buy yarn. They have a really good selection. Then when I came home, I had lunch and also put out a lot more Halloween decorations. I'm wiped out.

Going to take a nap soon.>

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Fromhttp://www.dictionary.com/

Effect-
noun
something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence:
Exposure to the sun had the effect of toughening his skin.
power to produce results; efficacy; force; validity; influence:
His protest had no effect.
the state of being operative or functional; operation or execution; accomplishment or fulfillment:
to bring a plan into effect.

Affect

verb (used with object)
to act on; produce an effect or change in:
Cold weather affected the crops.
to impress the mind or move the feelings of:
The music affected him deeply.
(of pain, disease, etc.) to attack or lay hold of.
noun
Psychology. feeling or emotion.
Psychiatry. an expressed or observed emotional response:
Restricted, flat, or blunted affect may be a symptom of mental illness, especially schizophrenia.
Obsolete. affection; passion; sensation; inclination; inward disposition or feeling.

catM
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Kathie, an infiltration happens when one of the needles goes through both walls of the vein. The tech usually does not realize that happened so when she positions the needle in the vein, the small hole in the opposite wall allows blood to flow into the surrounding tissue. Mine bled for over an hour before we noticed a problem. Packing my arm in ice did stop the bleeding but there was a lot of blood loss before the bleeding stopped - hence all the discoloration in my arm.

I need to get ready for tomorrow then have dinner. DH said he is going to order pizza! :Yum:

I hope everyone has a great evening.

sunnyland7
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

Jillers - Cute greeting / Infor too much for my brain /

CatM - Sure hope your arm is better / That sounds so painful!!!!/ AH! pizza any
time :Yum: :Yum: / Have fun at the balloon festival /

Marshal - Quilting and swimming good :)^ /Quilt sounds lovely /

Sandie - Hope things calm down for you and Wendy :X: :Hugs: Good luck with
heater / My appointment Friday the 13th at 9AM / Such a long drive /

KAthieOV13 - Hope quartet went well :)^

EagleWatcher - / Hope all is well at the cabin /

Was in all day / We lost power tonight for couple hours / Someone said there
was an accident down the road and wires down / Had a really good dinner /
My friend had given me a lovely tuna steak / First time I cooked one baked
it 20 min at 400 / Used olive oil, salt/pepper, onion, paprika, with some bacon
pieces to keep it moist / had baked potatoes and a tomato, lettuce salad /
Wish I didn't have a whole week to wait /

marshaz
Advanced Member
Hi Carol. :}^ I'll get to you post later.

Jill, thanks. :Hugs: I was right with my first word, affect. For effect, I think of "cause and effect" to help me remember a little, but I still get confused. It's just a mental block.

CatM, I also questioned with infiltration was. Thanks for answering.

It's dinnertime, so I'll get back later, to Chat.

Jillers
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Carol's family-
Posted Image clickable
4 grandsons, 2 wives, 2 Ggchildren her daughter and Carol

sandie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Marsha I have always had the same mental block!! Has anyone paid attention to the moon the past few days? It is just enormous and low in the sky!

Carol so happy to hear you have an appointment. I wish you didn't have to wait a week either. How far is this appointment? You make it sound like it's over 100 miles! Nice picture of the family. Wish it was larger!!

Katie glad you are back on USA terra firma. Is it snowing a lot in Big Bear yet? Bet it will be nice to get laundry done and settled in your precious surroundings. Hope you had a lot of good info and ideas for your quilting.

Marsha when does Sarah come home? You are Katie should get together and share your quilting ideas. Glad you got to swim. It's such good exercise I hear. Never been able to learn to swim. Not for lack of trying!!

Kathie nice to see you posting. Are you still on a detour to work?

Cat I'm so sorry for the vein issue. It must be hard when you have to have a good vein to use for all the dialysis issues you have.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Daily Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply