Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Chat Brat Anonymous. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anyone watch that Hurricane telethon last night?
Topic Started: Sep 13 2017, 01:47 PM (118 Views)
Sadie
Member Avatar
Madame Le Moderateur
I tried but not only was it darkly lit and too somber, they started
right away preaching about "global warming". I turned it off after
about 10 minutes.
It should have been a big concert with spirited songs and acts with just a
scroll on the bottom telling where to donate with a few vids thrown in.
They made it so serious toned that it was depressing.

Not to mention preachy and hypocritical.

But, they claimed to have raised millions so that is good at least.

Carbon footprints of the Telethon stars: The Hand in Hand hurricane fund-raiser started with a lecture about global warming - then celebrities with multiple homes, cars and private jets starting soliciting much needed money
Whole host of A-list celebrities turned out for the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Harvey Relief telethon
An exclusive MailOnline investigation has revealed how much CO2 they have burned through by globetrotting
Performer Justin Bieber is thought to have travelled at least 136,000 miles in planes since September last year
Carbon emissions are said to have caused global temperature rising adding to devastation of powerful storms
By Gareth Davies For Mailonline
PUBLISHED: 13:13 EDT, 13 September 2017 | UPDATED: 14:20 EDT, 13 September 2017

The A-list celebrities who starred in the telethon for those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma have clocked up hundreds of thousands of air miles which have fuelled rising temperatures and helped create devastating storms.

Tuesday night's Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Harvey Relief included performances and messages from Beyoncé, Justin Bieber, George Clooney, Cher and Leonardo DiCaprio.

They appealed to viewers to donate to help fund relief efforts after the disastrous storms hit the southern US.

But a MailOnline investigation has revealed the extent to which stars have contributed to the catastrophic weather phenomenons with their jet-setting lifestyles.

Justin Bieber is calculated to have travelled at least 136,000 miles in a plane over the last year, environmentalist DiCaprio is believed to have done more than 87,000 miles while fellow actor Clooney did 61,000 miles.

Carbon emissions from plane journeys such as the celebrities' cause the earth's temperature to heat and the resulting higher ocean temperatures lead to more powerful hurricanes. The higher temperatures over land and sea mean the storms generate more energy.

Staunch environmentalist Leonardo DiCaprio has been jetting across the globe around twice a month in the past year.
The 42-year-old actor flew around 87,609 miles on various business trips and jaunts around the world which burned up 14.8 tonnes of carbon dioxide.

His longest trip was his return journey from California to the south of France where he enjoyed the iconic Cannes film festival.

In April, DiCaprio joined thousands of climate change protesters in Washington DC to mark President Donald Trump's 100th day in office.

Large crowds gathered on Pennsylvania Avenue for the People's Climate March, an event that saw about 300 coinciding protests around the country, according to organizers.
The mercury rose to around 90F in DC, and protesters brought their own water bottles and sunscreen as they warned about the dangers of global warming.

Holding signs that read 'There is no planet B', and 'Make Earth Great Again', the protesters say they're objecting to the president's rollback of restrictions on mining, oil drilling and greenhouse gas emissions at coal-fired power plants, among other things.
George Clooney spent around 61,448 in the air since September last year which included a long trip to Italy this summer.

He is thought to have flown 4,265 miles from Toronto to Los Angeles to attend Tuesday night's Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Harvey Relief telethon at a cost of 720kg of CO2.

His total air time meant his carbon emissions from flying alone was 10.31 tonnes of CO2.
Meanwhile, despite being pregnant with twins, Beyonce still managed to clock up 28,040 miles in 12 months burning through 4.55 tonnes of CO2.

And at 71, Cher has been a relative homebird compared to the rest of her celebrity compatriots, only appearing to fly within the US in a total of 6,546.

The total emissions only takes into account the flights the celebrities have taken and is likely to be astronomic when driving, pollution from their concerts or films and the electric in their homes are considered.

More:

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-48...l#ixzz4saJ89fzF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Posted Image

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Herb
Member Avatar
Head bunk attendant at Gulag #41
I knew better than to try to watch. The stars ruin everything!!!

Rogue of the celestial night
Member Avatar
Cheers sweeties!!!
I think I watched for two minutes, and it was two minutes too long. I also don't believe that money will get to those who need it... :(
"If your opponent is quick to anger, seek to irritate him"--Sun Tzu

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Herb
Member Avatar
Head bunk attendant at Gulag #41
The money will go to Al Gore so he can create new weather for us!!!

User-Friendly
Member Avatar
Chat brat? Just a brat.

No. I knew better.

ShellBeach
Member Avatar
Not quite right
Herb,Sep 13 2017
02:13 PM

They do ruin everything. The left has currently ruined most of my little life's get aways.

They have ruined my sports experiences, movies, tv news and shows, music, online shopping, social media, and family get togethers.

They are miserable and bitter people and wish to punish or shame anyone who thinks different from them.

Who needs that kind of mental illness?

Sadie
Member Avatar
Madame Le Moderateur
ShellBeach,Sep 13 2017
02:35 PM
Herb,Sep 13 2017
02:13 PM

They do ruin everything. The left has currently ruined most of my little life's get aways.

They have ruined my sports experiences, movies, tv news and shows, music, online shopping, social media, and family get togethers.

They are miserable and bitter people and wish to punish or shame anyone who thinks different from them.

Who needs that kind of mental illness?

Very well said.

I heard that the NFL ratings are way down.
People are sick and tired of players and owners
inserting politics into sports just like everything else.
That is also why movie profits are way down.
I love Stephen King books. I think the man is brilliant.
He pretty much came out and said he didn't want Trump
voters to go see the new movie It.
So, I hope it tanks.

Posted Image

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cazaq
Member Avatar
Making the End Times, Happy Times!
I never knew it was being done, but after hearing about all the climate "change" dogma onboard, I'm glad I never found out.
Saying
"I don't need privacy, because I have nothing to hide"

is just like saying
"I don't need free speech, because I have nothing to say"

Dr Doom
Chat-aholic
Clooney and some friends started a tequila company a few years ago. (They recently sold it for about a billion dollars.) The carbon footprint and waste from making tequila is huge.

« Previous Topic · Chatterbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply