Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NXT Takeover: Philadelphia 2018
Topic Started: Jan 22 2018, 10:11 AM (79 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
So, here's what's officially signed:

1- Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano for NXT Championship
Prediction: Tomasso Ciampa returns to cost Gargano the title and the blood feud is back on! Should be an amazing match, though.

2- Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole
Prediction: toss-up. Cole hasn't had a big one-on-one win, so I could see him getting a cheap win. And that win's over Black? Heat! Rooting for Black, though. When he debuted, I didn't think I'd care for him, but now I'm a "Black Mark".

3- Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler for NXT Women's Championship
Prediction: toss-up. Ember hasn't been the champ for very long, otherwise I'd pick Baszler due to her push. Whatever the result, I think this is the first salvo and things are "To be Continued"... at the next Takeover.

4-Undisputed Era vs. Authors of Pain for NXT Tag Team Championship
Prediction: Era retains in Asshole Fashion. Think AoP will be on the main roster before WrestleMania time. Would love to see them destroy the Era and get DQ'd. Fish and O'Reilly can take sick bumps, right?!

I could see them adding Roderick Strong vs. Lars Sullivan, too. Lars takes it, if so.

NXT Takeover AND two un-predictable Royal Rumbles?! Looks like a great week to be a rasslin' fan.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Almas over Gargano in a heart-breaker.

Cole over Black, though I'm really torn on this one.

Moon over Shayna.

Undisputed Era retain.

Lars over Roderick.

I haven't seen any NXT lately, but this sound great!

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
I have to agree with most predictions.

Almas will retain with Ciampa screwing Gargano over.

Cole over Black with assistance.

Fish and O'Reilly retain

Baszler wins the women's title, or they do a non-finish. She's not laying down this quickly.
Posted Image

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
That's the first NXT Takeover card that does almost nothing for me on paper.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog
Jan 22 2018, 03:10 PM
That's the first NXT Takeover card that does almost nothing for me on paper.
I find that it's the NXT cards that don't look good on paper that end up really sneaking up and blowing me away.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
I can't remember which it was, maybe Brooklyn III, but there was a Takeover recently with a ho-hum card going in that ended up being awesome. Might've been Brooklyn now that I think about it. AOP/Sanity was better than anyone hoped, Almas/Gargano opened with a 4-star effort. Itami/Black didn't do much for me, but others loved it.
Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Whichever one had the Velveteen Dream vs. Aleister Black is the best example of what I was talking about. Those two busting out a **** match when I wasn't expecting much is the sort of thing NXT excells at.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Finally finished this, last night. I'm okay with Gargano/Almas as Match of the Year. At least for WWE 2018. Gargano does that "dazed" look better than anybody.

Velveteen Dream jumping around like Lex Luger at SummerSlam '93 after knocking down Kassius Ohno is all kinds of hilarious and awesome.

Another Takeover where both the losers and winners came out looking good, in the end.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply