Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who will be the 205 live GM?; Per Daniel Bryan's announcement
Topic Started: Jan 24 2018, 04:16 PM (190 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
205 live is getting a GM

That GM will announce the plans for the title now that Enzo was fired

Rockstar Spud is my pick

He's been signed by WWE. Meets the weight limit. Is a very good talker

I could also see it being Gulak. But I think gulak will be champ soon. So bad idea for both roles

Some are saying Ellsworth. I'd go for that, but don't see it happening

Others say Paige. Meh. Rather she'd be a women's GM if they go that route

Other names are being thrown about like Rey misterio. X-PAC. Scotty too hotty. Dean malenko
I say nope to all
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
No offense to Spud, but it'll be death to casual crowds. I know Smackdown is in Philly next week, but even with a smart crowd, does the online community love him that much? After that, it'll be a fart in church.

205 Live desperately needs star power and a GM, even if a borderline ridiculous need, can help fill that void. The solution isn't a TNA castoff.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Mark Henry and Gregory helms are rumored as well

So is Nikki Bella.

Billy Kidman

Eric bischoff

Tyson Kidd

Obviously a lot of the names are silly. But that's what the internet does :)
Edited by torturedsoulv1, Jan 24 2018, 10:26 PM.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
My God... there's no one of name value left to use. "General Manager Hurricane" just sounds awesome and awful at the same time.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1
Jan 24 2018, 04:16 PM
Other names are being thrown about like Rey misterio. X-PAC. Scotty too hotty. Dean malenko
I say nope to all
You should feel the full fury of the Gods for ever saying "nope" to Dean Malenko on any level!
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich
Jan 25 2018, 01:44 PM
torturedsoulv1
Jan 24 2018, 04:16 PM
I say nope to all
You should feel the full fury of the Gods for ever saying "nope" to Dean Malenko on any level!
Malenko is horrible on the mic

A GM or any authority figure should be good on the mic

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
The more I think about it, the worse the idea is.

1. The GM shouldn't be more over than the wrestling talent, but 205 Live is void of "stars" to casual audiences, so you need someone major.

2. After watching Raw 25, there was a lot of old looking people that are constantly relied on to get a pop. I don't think there's much left to pick from that can look good for TV and not completely overshadow the division.

3. The division is hurting for talent. Enzo is gone. Neville is gone. Aries is gone. Kendrick is injured. Swann is out indefinitely, but could be back soon. Dar is injured significantly. even TJP was out for 3 months, and is now back to being a Cruiser-Jobber. They aren't adding new talent, outside of demoting Kalisto and bringing in Hideo Itami. Add depth via the Smackdown roster. Use Breezango again. Chad Gable is 205 pounds, let him dominate the division as the next Kurt Angle. DO SOMETHING WITH SOMEONE! ANYONE!
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Summer rae was rumored

But they felt at 5 9 and then adding her heels she'd be taller than most of the cruiserweights

I'm not joking either

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
The more ridiculous the rumor, the more likely it's 100% true.

Fuck it, Dana Brooke still has a job. Put her in the spot. She's ass in the ring, but god damn she must stay employed.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
What about Samir Singh? He tore his ACL. So can't wrestle/take bumps for awhile

He's a good talker. Good facial expressions. He's under the 205 Live weight limit

I still want/think it will be Rockstar Spud

But Singh would be my 2nd choice
Edited by torturedsoulv1, Jan 26 2018, 11:47 PM.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Clearly they are in need of a GM. Otherwise what would happen if four guys were arguing in the ring, who would make the tag team match? What if a champion and challenger were about to settle their differences on the spot, who would make them wait for the next PPV? Anarchy has been running wild in 205 Live for far too long.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe
Jan 27 2018, 06:32 AM
Clearly they are in need of a GM. Otherwise what would happen if four guys were arguing in the ring, who would make the tag team match? What if a champion and challenger were about to settle their differences on the spot, who would make them wait for the next PPV? Anarchy has been running wild in 205 Live for far too long.
^^^^^^ Thumbs up!

The last sentence sounds like something.....DREW GULAK would say! It's time for a better 205 Live to become reality! Gulak as GM would make me all kinds of pants-pissing happy.

Moving on, Dean Malenko was pretty bad on the mic in his WWF stint. Like the stuff with Lita. But I seem to remember he was pretty intense and a "man of few words" in WCW. Or "The Iceman" as they called him. When he did speak, it was no-nonsense and to the point. I remember he cut a promo against Benoit in the '99 World Title tournament and he said something like: "I'll see you tonight... my friend". Malenko was one of my favorites in WCW and I thought he was great in all his roles with the company.

Probably not going to be the 205 Live GM. But it WOULD be fun if they were to introduce an new unknown masked luchador...and it turns out to be Malenko (I'd be fine with "Ciclope", but that'd be too telegraphed).
Edited by Erick Von Erich, Jan 27 2018, 05:16 PM.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I'd vote for Drew Gulak if I wasn't so high on his in-ring work and concerned that it would derail his career in the long-term. I think Corey Graves would be a great choice.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Gulak should stick to the roster as a wrestler. Not be GM as well.

If Kendrick is going to be out for more than a few months, he'd be good as well

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Billy Kidman has been rumored which wouldn't be a bad choice.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply